Confusion surrounds ending of BC/HF game

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this is about $$$

When the HJ/HF game was made up, the umpires had to be paid agian for a game, and mileage.  I know in other sports, there were issues about $$, so if that is the case, the issue is bigger than who wins or loses a baseball game..

Are you saying that the umpires should use their own money to drive back to the park and spend another couple of hours with no additional pay?????  It's not about a few extra dollars for officials. If it were me I would not spend my time and gas for nothing. We as Umpires do scrimmages for free and no mileage.

That in no way was a jab at the umpires... I think umps, refs, etc are under appreciated, underpaid and take abuse that no person should have to.  I was making reference to things that have happened with a few other sports and the financial side of the athletic department... (and not just at HF... there are ALOT of cash strapped schools in the area and unfortuantely, this sometimes plays a role in decisions that are made.

I have been reading this thread and have had no desire to respond; however, after the absurd post by HFmom, I feel the need to do just that. 

Apparently HFmom doesn't know the true meaning of sportsmanship.  EVERYtime a BC player is already on base or in the batter's box and will be returning to defense, a teammate brings him his hat/glove and carries their helmet/bat back to the dugout.  Your interpretation of someone throwing a bat towards the dugout to be picked up and someone throwing a bat down in frustration is grossly misrepresented.  You, of all people, should know the difference.  After all you witness it at every HF game!!

I cannot believe that you had the audacity to call out a BC player when your HF player told the BC fans "F" y'all".  You know it happened and your first base coach did nothing about it.  The player you chose to call out just so happens to be one of the most respected ball players in this district, if not all of Southeast Texas (unlike any of your players).  This particular player is going to go places your ball players can only dream about. Sounds to me like there's a jealous mother in HF.  Why else would you call out a BC player?  And you wonder why HF gets no respect.  After Friday night, you will never have it. 

I find it amusing that you think everyone is picking on poor little HF when there's a confrontation everytime HF plays a team in the district.  Sounds to me like HF is the common demoninator.  HF has lost all respect from every team in the district and rightly so.

BC's whistle blowing has been done for 9 games and no one had a problem with it until HF.  You mentioned BC blew the whistle while your boys were batting, right?  Well, wouldn't that be the same time the BC pitcher was pitching?  Where's the discrimination in that?

Your AD was there with an agenda after losing to the BC girls softball team.  It was evident at the softball game and he brought it with him to the baseball game.

And yes, you are wrong about the rules.  You don't have a clue. 

That's a little harsh.. ::)

I have been reading this thread and have had no desire to respond; however, after the absurd post by HFmom, I feel the need to do just that. 

Apparently HFmom doesn't know the true meaning of sportsmanship.  EVERYtime a BC player is already on base or in the batter's box and will be returning to defense, a teammate brings him his hat/glove and carries their helmet/bat back to the dugout.  Your interpretation of someone throwing a bat towards the dugout to be picked up and someone throwing a bat down in frustration is grossly misrepresented.  You, of all people, should know the difference.  After all you witness it at every HF game!!

I cannot believe that you had the audacity to call out a BC player when your HF player told the BC fans "F" y'all".   You know it happened and your first base coach did nothing about it.  The player you chose to call out just so happens to be one of the most respected ball players in this district, if not all of Southeast Texas (unlike any of your players).  This particular player is going to go places your ball players can only dream about. Sounds to me like there's a jealous mother in HF.  Why else would you call out a BC player?  And you wonder why HF gets no respect.  After Friday night, you will never have it. 

I find it amusing that you think everyone is picking on poor little HF when there's a confrontation everytime HF plays a team in the district.  Sounds to me like HF is the common demoninator.  HF has lost all respect from every team in the district and rightly so.

BC's whistle blowing has been done for 9 games and no one had a problem with it until HF.  You mentioned BC blew the whistle while your boys were batting, right?  Well, wouldn't that be the same time the BC pitcher was pitching?  Where's the discrimination in that?

Your AD was there with an agenda after losing to the BC girls softball team.   It was evident at the softball game and he brought it with him to the baseball game.

And yes, you are wrong about the rules.  You don't have a clue. 

That's a little harsh.. ::)

DR.jpg

This is an open forum, people can post what they want, if you don't like it, come back with something better

Guest bleed orange

I'm still very confused  :D

Your young, you stay confused. ;D ;D

And you're old so, so do you!  :D

I am confused about why I had kids. :'(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed