**Mike Bickham Named New Jasper HC**

Mike Bickham has been named new Jasper Head Coach! Bickham was the OC at 5A Tyler John Tyler..

Jasper I.S.D. has unanimously approved Mike Bickham as the next head football coach at Jasper High School.

Bickham, 38, is currently the assistant head coach/offensive line coach at John Tyler, and this will be his fourth head coaching job.

He has previously been head coach at Tenaha, Brookshire-Royal, and Carthage, with an overall record of 53-21.

The SFA graduate has also been an assistant coach at Galena Park North Shore, LaGrange, Plano East, Palestine, and the current position at John Tyler.

He replaces Thomas Brooks who resigned to get more involved in administration.

Is this the same coach that was fired from Carthage during there regular season in 2006??

He wasn't fired. He resigned from Carthage on December 12, 2006 per the link below, which is after that football season ended. It may have been forced (doesn't say in the small portion that mentions him), but please do your homework before you post a question inferring something that isn't true. He finished 7-3 that year and 14-8 in his two seasons there.

This is the hidden content, please

I was just wondering if this was the same Coach Bickham!  I know there was a Coach Bickham that had been at Deweyville and that there had been a Coach Bickham at Carthage!  However, in the two seasons since he resigned in the middle of the year, Carthage has gone (26-5) and won the state championship this past season!  Congrats to Jasper Coach Bickham was definately worth the four month wait!!!

I know he is the guy that lead Tenaha to the State SemiFinals in his very 1st year to be a head coach after they were 0-10 and 1-9 the two years before he got there. He is also the guy that lead Brookshire Royal to the State Semifinals in his second year there losing to newton! He took Carthage to the 2nd round of the playoffs in his first year there as well and went 7-3 his second year there losing the starting QB in week six! Maybe, just maybe he has had a little something to do with carthages success too. Just my opinion!  ;)

Good Luck Bic - you deserve it and the kids in Jasper are gonna love it!

KD

I know he is the guy that lead Tenaha to the State SemiFinals in his very 1st year to be a head coach after they were 0-10 and 1-9 the two years before he got there. He is also the guy that lead Brookshire Royal to the State Semifinals in his second year there losing to newton! He took Carthage to the 2nd round of the playoffs in his first year there as well and went 7-3 his second year there losing the starting QB in week six! Maybe, just maybe he has had a little something to do with carthages success too. Just my opinion!  ;)

Good Luck Bic - you deserve it and the kids in Jasper are gonna love it!

KD

This is the kind of stuff I want to hear!  At age 38, maybe he is ready to settle down.  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder