Evadale in 2009??

They've got some big shoes to fill, and a lot of em to fill.  Evadale lost a ton of seniors that had loads of heart!!!  Evadale has a lot of good young players coming, but its the heart of a man that's his true measure. (sounds like "remember the titans").  Only time will tell.

Just beat Hull, AGAIN.  ;D

The Rebels will be young, but solid in 2009.

I have said it before and I will say it again. While JV is not varsity, the players who had 8 games on the JV last year gained something that can not come from standing on the sidelines of the varsity...experience. Only two other schools had JV (HD & WH) and they did not finish out the season like the Rebel JV did.

The mix of young varsity players, many of the juniors in 2009 will have two years of varsity experience plus the addition of players of the JV squad will make the Rebels salty from the start of the season and they will only get better as they gel in the non district portion of the schedule.

When people discount the JV expereince they forget that this JV scrimmaged everyday against the varsity squad that won the district last season. They helped get the varsity ready for their contests while taking care of business for their own schedule.

There are some big shoes to fill from a great senior class, but I believe that the 2009 edition of the Rebels will fill them nicely and a repeat of the district crown is not out of reach.

• 1 month later...

Look for the Rebels to throw the ball a lot this year. They will have three of the biggest receivers they have had in years. Stark at 6'3" Duboise at 6'3" at tight end and Dunigan at 6'5"  at splitend they are going to be hard for smaller D backs to defined. They lost a good Sr QB this yeas but they have two coming in this year that can flat throw the ball.They will have two good backs  with Stanley and Potts, they should be very balanced this year.Last year teams loaded the line and made it hard for the Rebels to run the ball, they wont be able to do that this year. And as always the Rebels will play strong defence . Looks good for the 2009 year as long as they can stay healthy, that is the hardest thing for small schools.

Guest ECBucFan

I have said it before and I will say it again. While JV is not varsity, the players who had 8 games on the JV last year gained something that can not come from standing on the sidelines of the varsity...experience. Only two other schools had JV (HD & WH) and they did not finish out the season like the Rebel JV did.

That don't surprise me. Evadale has great participation numbers, % wise. The depth resulting from this good turnout of players sure pays off in 1A and 2A classes. No doubt about it. Good luck, Rebels!   

If everyone comes out, the Rebs will be fine.  They had a HUGE class of seniors last year with lots of heart and loosing those guys may seem a tremendous loss at first glance, but those seniors taught the younger guys not only how to win, but to expect it.  And that's a load in any classification.  Again, if the Rebs come out in numbers this year as they have the last few, they'll be in good shape when the dust settles.  I should be able to relax this year and enjoy the games...those that know me know what I mean. (although I would rather be a little nervous) gonna miss you 14!

If everyone comes out, the Rebs will be fine.  They had a HUGE class of seniors last year with lots of heart and loosing those guys may seem a tremendous loss at first glance, but those seniors taught the younger guys not only how to win, but to expect it.  And that's a load in any classification.  Again, if the Rebs come out in numbers this year as they have the last few, they'll be in good shape when the dust settles.  I should be able to relax this year and enjoy the games...those that know me know what I mean. (although I would rather be a little nervous) gonna miss you 14!

I give you perpission to switch some of that nervous to this years #8 Mo. See you in the booth in Sept!

I give you perpission to switch some of that nervous to this years #8 Mo. See you in the booth in Sept!

I'll be there...

Big MO, you can't be in the press box...you are in charge of blowing up the run through...you and A.S.

My run through days are over...I'm handing that off to a young fella who thinks that kinda stuff is fun  ;D.  Oh, I enjoyed it but its time to step down and share the pride...Big A can handle it, I'm headed for the AC!!!  8)

Players to watch this year are going to be QB Nickoles Good speed and big arm , Running back Potts balance and speed, Fullback Freeman power and good speed, Tight end Starks 6'3" 245lb , Splitend Dunigan 6'5" good hands,They will all be JR next year, and you never can tell about the younger players that were Fr this year.They had a strong JV team this year.They will have some size this year and decent speed.

Players to watch this year are going to be QB Nickoles Good speed and big arm , Running back Potts balance and speed, Fullback Freeman power and good speed, Tight end Starks 6'3" 245lb , Splitend Dunigan 6'5" good hands,They will all be JR next year, and you never can tell about the younger players that were Fr this year.They had a strong JV team this year.They will have some size this year and decent speed.

potts is what you reffer to as a "split end" not running back dunigan was a wideout on jv not a split end.. players to watch lane dorr, billy nichols, dustin potts, adam stark, chris harvey at line backer, hayden dubose at d-tackle, and tyler tucker if he plays hard is a beast.

Seeing that Potts was the 2 leading rusher on the team last year I would see him as a running back, but they do split him out on some plays, Dorr could make a em pack with his speed, he is a little undersized just hope he stayes healthy this year, sorry I missed him I frogot with him having a brokenarm last year and being out. The names I stated were ones that will be new to the head lines this year. The one you meantion were there last year and most people are aware of them, Sorry if I misses anyone It will take 22 players making plays to get back to the play offs this year.

Guest The Real Luther X

the players to watch next year are  potts at Zback and i think will be RB next year he mite be little but he is really strong in his legs so it really hard to bring him down and if he get in the open say bye.

starks is really big and is right at 6'3 he has good hands and he can block good to he had one of the few catchs this year in the playoffs.

Than you got niclos is a dang good player on both sides on d he could play any where and on the other side he is QB he has a rocket for a arm and can run too and he loves to hit people.

than Dunigan he is 6'5 and has some good hands yeah he was on jv this year but i think it was better for him i seen him make some great catches and he has got alot faster to i would really keep my eye on him next year.

tucker is a beast on the line he is fast too gets threw the line quick

freeman is good to he will be FB next year he is really strong

and the best thing bout all of these kids is that they are all Sp and they make the whole team up

• 1 month later...

Any speedsters for the Rebs?

Potts ,Freeman, Dorr, and Kilpratick will be the only real speed that Evadale has this year. So dont see them out running many people this year. Just hope the new spread off. works. Their reservers will not be that fast but they should be bigger than any deff. backs they play against. 3 or 4  5yd  quick passes will make the deff backoff the line and that will give Potts room to run in open space and if he has room say by-by have not seen anyone catch him from behind sense 8 grade.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder