Is BASKETBALL the KING in SE Texas? Or FOOTBALL?

Guest DickVitale

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest spinks

He's ORIGINALLY from Houston too, so he can say that!!! LOL :D :D

Ken Lay was also from Houston.

Actually, Lay moved to Houston and was not a true Houstonion!

Is that some sort of descendant of the Onion?  Or did you mean to say Houstonian????

welll here at HJ i guarantee 95 percent of OUR school would say basketball, but we live in texas, and everyone knows texas high school football is king.. no doubt about it.. and theres even some proof on here, go look at the bottom of the page with all the forums and look at the most ever online stat, 713 on august 9th.. whenever football two a days were bout to start, as much as basketball is more important to us at HJ, i'd say for the most part it has to be football..

Guest DickVitale

That means nothing....Football is an expense driven sport in high school and in this area as well as in Houston, whereas basketball programs MAKE PROFIT, and no area teams are winning championships....THAT means something.. ;)

The only basketball teams in this area that have any support(and therefore profit) are the ones that are winning.  I guarantee that WB showed no profit in basketball.  On the other hand, even losing teams get great support in football.(see PNG)  Want to know why?    People like football better.  That means something.      ;) 

Guest spinks

The only basketball teams in this area that have any support(and therefore profit) are the ones that are winning.  I guarantee that WB showed no profit in basketball.  On the other hand, even losing teams get great support in football.(see PNG)   Want to know why?    People like football better.  That means something.      ;) 

PNG has won in football for a loooooong time so because they had one bad year you cannot consider them a losing school. 

Hey all games have their own importance and they have the fans related to the game. Though football is a popular game but basketball is also popular in parallel of it. And after all there is an entertainment in both of game. So just leave the comparison and enjoy the game. Cheers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the hidden content, please

This has to be the most stupid thread ever---basketball is king only in "DickyVille" not even a close second to football in the great state of Texas

I'm with dicky........depends on what school you are talking about. Basketball is the main sport here where as eight miles up the road its football. There are three 3A schools in Texas that dont have football.

(two in our district)Hudson is close to 4A and have no plans to add fb.... I wonder how many 3A schools dont have basketball? Do all 1A schools have fb and bb?........country music is most popular in Texas. But I can't stand it...lol.........so beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

Guest stevenash

This has to be the most stupid thread ever---basketball is king only in "DickyVille" not even a close second to football in the great state of Texas

I'm with dicky........depends on what school you are talking about. Basketball is the main sport here where as eight miles up the road its football. There are three 3A schools in Texas that dont have football.

(two in our district)Hudson is close to 4A and have no plans to add fb.... I wonder how many 3A schools dont have basketball? Do all 1A schools have fb and bb?........country music is most popular in Texas. But I can't stand it...lol.........so beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

Always appreciative of the "wisdomic insights" of Mr. No Look.  Any of you people who would like to meet this individual should plan on being at the HJ Basketball tourney next season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder