Coach Pitching advice!!!

We lost to the Storm last night officially 7-3 but they scored 5 more in the bottom of the last inning when we moved some kids around. We played better than i thought we would. We just have too many that haven't played before. We got a few kids that will hit and we have a couple I'm not sure will hit at all. The rest are pardon the pun "hit or miss". Our catcher is coming around, he swung the bat well last night. Just missed one, but popped it up about a mile. 1B hit the ball hard last night too.

Castor, the official score was 12-3. Storm was home team so they had last bat.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually if you go by baseball rules the last at bat isn't official. That is why they usually put a little x in the box score of the home team in the bottom of the 9th inning. Not sure how PONY classifies it but I know in the middle of the inning after our last at bat the umpires called the game and I told them the other team had the option to take their at bat even though the game was officially over. They asked their coach and he said he wanted to bat (which I would have done the same thing).

Back to the original ? I saw an 8 yr old who the coach intentionally placed in left field catch 14 fly balls in one season. The coach told me that he made a decision to try a little different approach than standard reasoning. Later in the season when everyone started hitting the ball better it really made a difference. The team finished 3rd in the league but they were in the race till the end.

Daddy23 how did you guys do on Thursday night. 

We were given almost more than we wanted.  Team never gave up and fought through it to score 5 runs in the bottom of the 6th to tie the game at 9!!!!  We were fortunate on a night that we put the goose egg on the scoreboard for 4 out of the 6 innings.  5 throwing errors and less than stellar batting tonight at times....we were very lucky tonight.  Time to get ready for Tuesday against the Storm!!!!

Lazeek,

We are off to a good start.  In our first two games, we have only given up 5 runs over 12 innings.  We are starting to hit better as well.  We have plenty to work on but so far so good.  However, there are 4 really good teams that we have not played yet--it will be a couple of weeks before we really know where we sit for sure.

GOAT,

We don't play tommorow in Vidor but there will be 4 teams in action.  On Thursday, there will be 4 solid teams in action as well (including ours).  We are off this weekend for Easter, but come check it out anytime.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw