Who wins between Burkeville and Buna... Why?

mustang

Who wins this one  

1. 1. Who wins this one

i think there is a huge difference between a big 3a team vs a small 3a team game, and a big 1a (or 2a in this case) vs a small 1a.

u can be a small 3a school and still have 40 to 50 kids come out and be able to pick the 20 best. most 1a schools, especially burkeville, has to take what it can get, i know they have around 23 kids on varsity, and thats what they get, theres no jv team, the 23 that wanted to play football are playing football, and the coaches and players make a team with that. theres alot better chance of getting 20 talented kids out of 40-50, than there is picking 20 out of 23. thats why i think 1a is the hardest classification to repeat a champ.

also let me add that newton and other schools that consistently go 2 or 3 rounds deep every year are just lucky to have talented kids year in and year out. i think newton has kids that are just so fast and talented and the fact that barbay runs a weird but great offense that brings out the best in the players.

also let me add that newton and other schools that consistently go 2 or 3 rounds deep every year are just lucky to have talented kids year in and year out. i think newton has kids that are just so fast and talented and the fact that barbay runs a weird but great offense that brings out the best in the players.
Ipromise you that Newton DOES NOT have the most talented kids every year. Coaching is 80% of the game. Newton kids just don't think they can lose and have complete faith in the system. Plus we have some mean a$$ coaches that work the kids like dogs so that they are prepared when it is time to play. Come watch a Newton practice and see just how brutal and physical it is. I bet the only other school in this area that practices like that is WOS, and you see the results.

Ipromise you that Newton DOES NOT have the most talented kids every year. Coaching is 80% of the game. Newton kids just don't think they can lose and have complete faith in the system. Plus we have some mean a$$ coaches that work the kids like dogs so that they are prepared when it is time to play. Come watch a Newton practice and see just how brutal and physical it is. I bet the only other school in this area that practices like that is WOS' date=' and you see the results[/b'].

Hull-Daisetta has those same brutal practices thanks to Coach Barbay's son running the show down here. Most of our kids play both ways and get better as the game goes on. Conditoning is a valuable asset in small school ball. We're trying to bring back that "we will not lose" attitude that the Bobcats used to have, something Newton, WO-S and a few other teams have year in year out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nanoflowcell
    Newest Member
    nanoflowcell