JV Baseball

Guest ruben

I know most of the talk is centered around Varsity Baseball, but I would like some feed back on the JV teams in this area. What programs have the best talent. Who are some of the future stars. Thanks!

Well I like to help you there, I can tell you about the Softball JV’s but that’s about it.  If the Boys head coaches are like the girls head coaches, you want hear much of anything unless a parent that has a boy in JV keeps up with the programs.  It seems as if the head coach where we are can care less about any underclassman, unless they are Varsity.  I’m just glad that mine is a two sport athlete, because I doubt if she would come back to Softball after this season.  We recently won a Tournament and the head coach did not even acknowledge the girls after they won, it was very disappointing for them.  It’s really sad.  :(

Here is what I know.. Kirbyville's JV is for real.  13 and 2 last year as a fresman team.  5 - 0 to start this year beating WOS, HJ, KOUNTZE, and JASPER twice.  Beat Jasper last night  12 - 1 in 5 inn.  Their #2 pitched a 2 hitter and Kville had 14 hits and 1 HR. 

I have heard that Bridgecity, and Lumberton had a good Freshman group last year but I don't know if they moved up this year.

As for the coach, I'm sure he was proud of the JV kids for winning and probally looks forward to working more with them. But the fact is coaches get hired and fired by what their varsity does not what the JV does.  Don't worry, your childs day will come next year..

I've seen several JV teams play in this area. The teams that stand out and have plenty of potential are: Kirbyville, Bridge City, Lumberton, Barbers Hill and PNG. All of these programs will have strong varsity teams in the future. Good luck to all of them!

Although they are not from this area and have mostly Juniors on the team, Santa Fe looked impressive at the Barbers Hill Tournament.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder