Kountze/Anahuac Updates/Anahuac Wins!!!!!!!

If I were Anahuac, I would not play Kountze in the Montagne Center.  Kountze is way too comfortable in the Montagne Center.

I don't think it will really matter where they play the game, as long as it's played in SE Texas w/ Beaumont area officials. If you could have saw the game, you would see where I'm coming from. Luckily no one was hurt, but this game was played too "outta" control, and Anahuac took advantage of the "loose" play the refs were letting the teams get away with. Rivon played like a man possessed, but, he too was out-of-control, defensively, most of the time. Kountze did not capitalize when they had that chance as each time we would get closer, we'd turn the ball back over, at one point with the game being 65-61 with about 3:00 left. As you can see our FTs killed us also and on numerous occasions we missed easy lay-ups with chances for the "And 1". Roman Walker was called for 2 fouls in the first 3 minutes of the game, and that really took a toll on the Lion team as we gave up the lead and never got it back. He played most (if not all) of the 4th quarter with 4 fouls and couldn't really play like he wanted to defensively. Walker and Rivon played like MEN last night and put on a good show for the crowd. This was a game the Lions needed to lose, because it was a play-off atmosphere and they made a ton of mistakes which I'm pretty sure will be corrected and critiqued extensively. With all of that being said, I do not expect a close game the next time around, with Kountze winning by 10+. Comments welcomed....

Anahuac and Kountze will play but not in beaumont and not the beaumont chapter at all.  The game was called loose on both sides and sometimes the refs let you play basketball.  The fouls under the goall were called late and probally should have been call all night on both sides.  Anahuac took the lead in the middle of the 2nd and never looked back.

Anahuac and Kountze will play but not in beaumont and not the beaumont chapter at all.  The game was called loose on both sides and sometimes the refs let you play basketball.  The fouls under the goall were called late and probally should have been call all night on both sides.  Anahuac took the lead in the middle of the 2nd and never looked back.

Mike, quick question? If the game is not played in Beaumont, where do you think it will be played? If the refs are not from the "Beaumont" chapter, where do you think they'll be from? These two teams must meet at a neutral site, which I'm pretty sure will be half-way for both teams to travel. Anywhere east of Beaumont will be too far for Kountze, and too close for Anahuac, so what do you think?

Guest ECBucFan

[ Anywhere east of Beaumont will be too far for Kountze, and too close for Anahuac, so what do you think?

You mean west of Beaumont? I want to see this game.

The game could be played in cleveland, HJ, or Port Arthur at Lamar State

I'll leave it alone Mike, but if you could read one of my earlier posts I said as long as it's played in SE Texas. Cleveland may be the only exception, but I'm pretty sure H-J and Port Arthur are considered SE Texas. What referees (outside of Beaumont area officials) do you think will be able to come this far for a "play-off seeding" game?

The game could be played in cleveland, HJ, or Port Arthur at Lamar State

I'll leave it alone Mike, but if you could read one of my earlier posts I said as long as it's played in SE Texas. Cleveland may be the only exception, but I'm pretty sure H-J and Port Arthur are considered SE Texas. What referees (outside of Beaumont area officials) do you think will be able to come this far for a "play-off seeding" game?

When Big Sandy play Solum last year in husdon the ref. come from HOUSTON. The best ref. that i have seen.

I would like to see Mr Ross from the cleveland area call the game he is a good official.

I am sorry but many peeople assume that the game will be played the coaches might just flip a coin.

Anyways the 1st place will see New Waverly in the Third and the Second place Team will face Newton in the second round

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder