Kountze 105 Deweyville 83

On tuesday Jan. 27th the Deweyville Pirates traveled to Kountze for a key district matchup.  The Pirates fought hard but ended up loosing 105 to 83.  Colby Caswell led all scorers with 32 points.  The Pirates kept after the Lions pulling within 7 in the second and 12 in the third quarter.

Score by quarter

DV  16  36  61  83

K    23  58  82  105

Does Kountze have what it take to go to state this season?

It's possible, but this is not your "typical" Kountze Lion team. If you let others tell you, they don't, but I'm seeing something starting to come together here. A certain personnel move has opened up the offense. Time will only tell...stay tuned!

I believe Kountze does have what it takes to make it to state.  They have had to get their chemistry going ealier in the season.  I believe they have had to work harder and together more that the teams in the past, mostly due to expectations.  They truly have all the aspects of basketball to work together and bring a championship to the town of Kountze. They have a 3-point shooter, a defensive player (even though most them can play defense), a true point guard (who can shoot as well, but his shooting game is shadowed by his assist and selfish game), a hard nose get at it player down low, and a all around player.....then they are 2-3 deep off the bench that could probably start.  Like any team, they can get beat, but they have improved each and every game since the season started.  I expect Kountze to play better than they did against Anuahac.  The advantage to this game for Anuahac is that they are playing at home and their coach use to be the assistant at Kountze.  The main disadvantage is that Kountze is a team that has played under pressure for the past 6-8 years....so they live for this type of games (so does the people of Kountze)....especially the seniors like Domingo Smith..point guard who played a lot of minutes in the state game two years ago place of Jackpot. The upset of Centerville last year that stopped K-Town from going to state is one of their motivations, and they know that they are not going to let Anuahac be a part of them not going this year.  Good luck to both teams,....but I do see Kountze state-bound this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder