VIDEO......DANAHER WITHDRAWS NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westlake football coach Derek Long announced his retirement to Chaps players Thursday.

Long had a record of 54-22 in six seasons as head coach ... he's been with the Chaparrals since the 1990s... Long was defensive coordinator under Ron Schroeder and succeeded him in 2003

Westlake was 9-5 last season, overcoming a poor early start to go four rounds in the state playoffs before losing to San Antonio Clark 24-21 in the quarterfinals.

I liked Faircloth as the potential HC without HC experience when Danaher and Stumps names were out there.  With his history with Westlake he may have a good shot at that job, but if PNG offers before Westlake begins it's process, I would think he would take the PNG job because waiting for the Westlake job would be a gamble.

I wonder if we will see Danahers name on the Westlake list? If I were him that Westlake job would be a sweet way to end your career!

Young Coach...The "farm club" of coaches they have in Plano has always been plentiful and produced many coaches in the past....I will give ol Hughes a call to see where he scales him on the list to others of the ol Plano that are out there waiting for their shot...I could name 3 or 4 of them off hand that would run circles around Garrett's offensive play calling in a heartbeat....

I am not here to put one applicant down at all...But he is not in the same category of those that should be mentioned for this one....

Calallen Coach Phil Danaher Will Continue Coaching The Wildcats

Updated: Jan 29, 2009 09:58 PM

Inside KRISTV.COM

CALALLEN - It has been one difficult week for Calallen fans as word surfaced that Head Football Coach Phil Danaher was being considered for the Port Neches head coaching job.

However, everyone can relax because Danaher said that he pulled his name from the list of potential applicants.

In addition, he did interview with the PNG School Board, as well as tour the facility, but it wasn't the place for him.

He's already racked up 25 years with Calallen, compiling 344 career wins, and he plans on adding plenty more.

"I didn't even allow them to make an offer. Don't get me wrong, Port Neches has a great program, but my heart is and always will be in Calallen," Danaher stated. "I don't care what anybody says about next year; we have the kids to compete. Calallen is where my boys graduated from, it's where my friends are and it's where my heart is, and my heart is something that's not for sale."

Guest baseball25

Its bout the money. He wants something so he tries to scare his school and applies at png and now whatever he wanted hes getting now so he did what he needed to do and that was use png.

I think Garrett and Faircloth are the front runners, but heard Faircloth is wanting the Westlake job.

The Westlake job isn't even open, nor will it be for a long time. That doesn't make any sense.

I believe the coach at Westlake retired a couple of days ago at Westlake, thats the reason Faircloth withdrew his name.

He was just using PNG to jockey for a raise....User!

I agree....I think he came to PNG with a bunch of hype and expected them to give him what he wanted.....I'm glad he withdrew his name...he wasn't right for the job at PNG.

Right now, as it stands, I think Chris Garrett is the frontrunner.  He's had his interview, and front what I heard, the committee was impressed with his enthusiam, youthfulness, and motivation.  Im not trying to be here to try to sell a "coach", but thats the fact.  Now, I would also say, that if Stump wants the job, he needs to make a move.  I don't think PNG will go crawlin to Stump and make an offer. I want a coach like everyone else, but I want the RIGHT coach to be Head Chief at The Reservation.

He was just using PNG to jockey for a raise....User!

I agree....I think he came to PNG with a bunch of hype and expected them to give him what he wanted.....I'm glad he withdrew his name...he wasn't right for the job at PNG.

Right now, as it stands, I think Chris Garrett is the frontrunner.  He's had his interview, and front what I heard, the committee was impressed with his enthusiam, youthfulness, and motivation.  Im not trying to be here to try to sell a "coach", but thats the fact.  Now, I would also say, that if Stump wants the job, he needs to make a move.  I don't think PNG will go crawlin to Stump and make an offer. I want a coach like everyone else, but I want the RIGHT coach to be Head Chief at The Reservation.

Good post, I agree.

Look for some contact from either side on the Stump situation today. I don't believe anyone at this point is begging! I believe that you should always look before you leap!! In this case even a few weeks longer of a look! ;)

Keep us posted......the "natives" are gettin restless!  ;D

Look for some contact from either side on the Stump situation today. I don't believe anyone at this point is begging! I believe that you should always look before you leap!! In this case even a few weeks longer of a look! ;)

Keep us posted......the "natives" are gettin restless!   ;D

Yeah something needs to happen soon.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder