Silsbee @ Orangefield broadcast LIVE/Silsbee Wins!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang I owe AAW a link and drink next week!!!!!!!  I wonder if the HJ concession stand takes WIC???

HJ WINS................they held Hayes to 5 and Silsbee allowed to him to have 7!!!!!!!!!

I can see how he was rated in the top ten in the area though!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::)

Hate to get a cheap shot in Coop!!!!!! :D :D :D

Dang I owe AAW a link and drink next week!!!!!!!  I wonder if the HJ concession stand takes WIC???

HJ WINS................they held Hayes to 5 and Silsbee allowed to him to have 7!!!!!!!!!

I can see how he was rated in the top ten in the area though!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::)

Hate to get a cheap shot in Coop!!!!!! :D :D :D

he said he we you a drink and a link???

honestl he shouldnt have had 7.... after halftime it really didnt even look like we were trying to play anymore... he's over rated

In all politeness. I agree with Ticked. Hayes is overrated, he is only good when it comes to him playing lower teams that can't compete at the O-Field level. He can shoot probably in some ways but when it comes to Silsbee, HJ or WO-S he can't shoot to save his life or his team. I'm not bashing him I'm just telling my opinion on the player.

The only person who played very well at all was Robinson, he is tough.  The big shooters hit nothing and OF outscored Silsbee in the second half with the Silsbee starters in until the end.  They also cut it to 9 in the second half.  I still think Silsbee is the team to beat but if we play the first 12 minutes like we did the last 20 it is a close game that could go either way.  I do think it is pretty low to dog a 17 year old kid on a website, we wonder why kids have a tough time with adults these days.  How bout I buy both of you a link at a little dribbler game and we can bet on which color of armband will win?  Now thats a good bet.  By the way, my 5 year old has a game tomorrow can we get an over/under on that game, no sense waiting till high school to start betting on these little money makers!

shannon di have a great game... but i still maintain that in the second half it looked like silsbee was listening to all the people complaining about them beating bridge city so bad... it was like they said hey we got the lead we dont really have to try and score anymore

Guest Pissedoffgranny23

I didnt say anything wrong....all isaid wuz the kid is not on shannon or jarvis level...i didnt say whats really on my mind...grow up dangg

Growing up is not saying a HS is "seriously no good." you know you said more than just comparing him to other players.

These players are kids in HS, they don't and should never have to read some of the things posted about them on the internet.

That is growing up, dang.

Tigers put away Bobcats, 62-42

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

ORANGEFIELD — Give the Orangefield Bobcats credit, they battled back like all Orangefield teams are expected to do.

In the end the Silsbee Tigers were too quick and Shannon Robinson found a way to make sure his team would not lose.

Robinson, who had a game-high 24 points, and the Tigers improved to 16-6 overall and 3-0 in District 21-3A play with a 62-42 victory over the Bobcats.

Orangefield, who was led by Garett Granger’s 13 points, is now 15-11 on the season and 1-2 in the district standings.

Silsbee got up as much as 40-14 in the third after Robinson opened second half scoring with a three-pointer.

Orangefield would then mount a furious comeback led by Tyler Angelle who had two three-pointers in the third period.

The Bobcats would outscore the Tigers 20-12 in the third and closed the gap to 49-34 heading into the fourth.

Robinson then started the fourth off with another bucket to push Silsbee ahead 51-34 but then the Bobcats started another rally.

Granger knocked down a pair of free throws before Bryden Smith connected for a bucket and drew a foul. Smith, who had five points, hit the free throw to make the score 51-39 with 6:26 left in the game.

Silsbee would end the rally with a 10-0 run behind Robinson and D.C. Stallworth as the Tigers seized a 61-39 advantage.

Stallworth finished the night with an impressive double-double, 17 points and 14 rebounds.

The Silsbee defense was the difference in the first half, especially its fast full-court pressure.

The Tigers forced 18 turnovers from the Bobcats in the first half and limited Orangefield to 14 points.

While Orangefield was struggling to keep possessions, several Tigers had enough to lift the Silsbee offense.

Pheal Hill had six points in the first period as Silsbee led 17-8 after the game’s first eight minutes.

Stallworth then had eight in the second and Robinson had five as Silsbee grabbed a 37-14 half-time lead.

Derrick Evans finished with seven points for the Bobcats and Silsbee did a nice job keeping Zach Hayes from bursting out on offense as the junior was held to seven points. Hayes did though work in other areas after being held down on offense. He was able to grab 10 rebounds.

Silsbee only turned the ball over 10 turnovers.

The Bobcats will be on the road Tuesday night when they travel to face Bridge City.

Silsbee put this game away in the first half. The Tigers defensive pressure and their offensive rebounding took it's toll early on the Bobcats. The 37-14 halftime lead for Silsbee was pretty indicative of who these two teams are. Silsbee was just too quick and too big inside for Orangefield to handle.

Silsbee did go into a pretty good lull about midway through the 3rd quarter, missing 13 consecutive shots, many point blank. The Tigers kind of got a little impatient with all the misses and it enabled Orangefield to trim the lead to 12. Shannon then took over and Silsbee closed the game out on a 13-3 run.

Orangefield committed 28 turnovers for the game! They were also outrebounded tremendously.

This score could have been a lot worse, but I suppose the Tigers had Bullets in mind, and played it safe. ;) ;D

Good road win Tigers!

Mike

What happened to the broadcast...Lost you at halftime last night

Orangefield doesn't have wireless network. I had to do the game by cell >:(

I lost the call right before the second half started and I could not contact Jordan to get me back on. We finally got back on with about 6 1/2 minutes left in 4th, finished the game from there.

The cell phone business is for the birds, but we got to work with what we got. I wish all school districts had the wireless network like Silsbee has.

Sislbee missed the same point blank shots in the first half.  They just didn't get the offensive rebounds.  OF did a much better job of blocking out in the 2nd half.  OF calmed down and quit turning the ball over.  Yes, Silsbee was still applying full court pressure.  Yeah, maybe the intensity wasn't quite as much, but OF still made better decisions. They must get past BC and then play like they did in the second half against WOS the whole game. 

As far as Hayes.  He played with a lot more composure than against HJ.  Yeah, he didn't score much, but he was hitting the boards.  I think it is pathetic that some of you guys dog 16, 17, and 18 year old kids.  You think Hayes had anything to do with that ranking.  You dog his playing and say he is no good and doesn't deserve that ranking when he didn't ask for that ranking.  He has struggled the last few games, but those teams game planned around him.  Does that mean that he is as good as Shannon or Jarvis.  No, but I doubt that he asked to be included in the same company with him.  Some of you need to get a life and quit betting on how many points a high school kids scores.  I hope your kid never has to go through reading crap like that.  PATHETIC.

magic I would like to see you beat double teams from the Silsbee defense, pull down 10 rebounds and on several occasions he was the first to try to pump up a teammate after hitting a big shot. There are other aspects to the game of basketball besides scoring. Yes big players are asked to show up in the big games but it does not always happen.

Guest aschrapps

your are taking the term overrated way too seriously no one is saying the kid is horrible or a bad kid or anything like that. but like you said big players show up in big games and ive seen him not show up in several games this season and yes some of that is lack of talent around him but he is just not on the frank, benard, robinson level and not many are.

your are taking the term overrated way too seriously no one is saying the kid is horrible or a bad kid or anything like that. but like you said big players show up in big games and ive seen him not show up in several games this season and yes some of that is lack of talent around him but he is just not on the frank, benard, robinson level and not many are.

I think that this is the first time that you and I agree on something!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

I guess I'm of the variety who does not simply call out HS on the negative side out in public. I never have and I never will. In my mind, they do not need to read such comments. Some, and I'm not speaking of just Hayes, do not know how to take criticism like that and should not have to. There are a lot of things other than sports going on in our athletes lives. I in no way meant my comments on here to be rude. Just my humble opinion.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124