Roundtable Thur. Jan 22 9PM on Fox 4 re: PN-G

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the oldcoach site

Port Neches Groves Head Coach Interviews set this week Reply

Sources close to the hiring process for the Indians new head coach indicate the interviews are Thursday and Friday of this week. A decision should be made by the weekend.

Sources also say that the district is being pretty tight-lipped about the process, interviews and candidates. THEOLDCOACH.com has found that there are still five potential head caoch candidates that will interview. They are interviewing two on Thursday and three on Friday.

One strange report to THEOLDCOACH.com says that they will be interviewing at a secret location. One source has The Old Coach that the candidate will be expected to be in the area by a certain time then call the district when they get to town for interview information.

On what grounds does the media have to "RIP" the PNG school board at this point? They responded to an FOI by asking for a rulling from the AG, which is legal as I understand it. Please correct me if I am wrong!!! And without any official statement from the board as to why they do not wish to relase the list until the AG makes that rulling (which I don't think has occured yet), anything the media reports in this stupid "round table forum" is either strictly opinion, and must be stated as such, or is slanderous.

You guys in the media do realize how utterly ridiculous this makes the local media look, right. I have met many of you and think the world of you guys, but this I have to disagree on! I would like to know who is on the list just as much as the next guy and I have a stake in it because I live in the district and have kids in the district, but I am by no means upset that the school board has decided to withhold the names as of yet. And I don't think it cost me as an actual tax payer in the PNGISD any extra money to ask the AG for a ruling. The district I am sure has an attorney that gets paid one way or the other!

On what grounds does the media have to "RIP" the PNG school board at this point? They responded to an FOI by asking for a rulling from the AG, which is legal as I understand it. Please correct me if I am wrong!!! And without any official statement from the board as to why they do not wish to relase the list until the AG makes that rulling (which I don't think has occured yet), anything the media reports in this stupid "round table forum" is either strictly opinion, and must be stated as such, or is slanderous.

You guys in the media do realize how utterly ridiculous this makes the local media look, right. I have met many of you and think the world of you guys, but this I have to disagree on! I would like to know who is on the list just as much as the next guy and I have a stake in it because I live in the district and have kids in the district, but I am by no means upset that the school board has decided to withhold the names as of yet. And I don't think it cost me as an actual tax payer in the PNGISD any extra money to ask the AG for a ruling. The district I am sure has an attorney that gets paid one way or the other!

Greatest post I've seen on here! 

Greatest post I've seen on here! 

Media driven opinions......man, just leave PNG alone and let them go through the hiring process!  This is getting ridiculous.

Let's see if I got this staight.  The local sports writers and talkers want the list of applicants so they can have something to write and talk about.  The PNG admin says no and begins to stall and generally lead you guys around by the short hairs for a couple of weeks.  You guys cry, whine and stir up crap on the message boards.  Still no list, so you do the only thing you can do which is take to the airwaves to bad mouth PNG.  You stay classy news media ....stay classy.

Let's see if I got this staight.  The local sports writers and talkers want the list of applicants so they can have something to write and talk about.  The PNG admin says no and begins to stall and generally lead you guys around by the short hairs for a couple of weeks.  You guys cry, whine and stir up crap on the message boards.  Still no list, so you do the only thing you can do which is take to the airwaves to bad mouth PNG.  You stay classy news media ....stay classy.

I agree, Spider.....this year, the mainstream media has done nothing but reek havoc on folks.  They need to let it rest concerning PNG.  They can threaten, call names, sway opinions, whatever, but they won't penetrate the Indian fans of PNG.  Anything they say or do against PNG will just bounce back in their faces.  In the long run, PNG and their new HC/AD will come out the winner, with the media looking like the "fools" they are after pressuring this fiasco. 

Guest JoesBros

I agree Mike I think KBTV just wants ratings out of this. I mean come one what are you going to do have a 30 minute discussing why they didnt release the stupid list? Just pointless.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder