Roundtable Thur. Jan 22 9PM on Fox 4 re: PN-G

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys have any questions you want answered, you can email James Ware at [email protected]

Bob West answered my question tonight.  ;)

bob west was way off on that answer.what bob doesnt understand is that coaches in certain positions dont apply.they send letters of intent.if the committee wants to interview them as a finalist then they apply.the letter of intent serves as there app.if there not a finalist they dint show up on the list.happens a lot.ive got a feeling bob is referring to stump as the person png is fishing for.stump may have sent a letter and png could be pursuing him because of that letter.ive been told we have a good pool to choose from.

Sounds like that should be a fair roundtable...media members only??? give me a break.

I just cannot understand what the big deal is (and I don't have a dog in this fight at all)...the only purpose for releasing the list is to satisfy people's curiosity...nothing else worthwhile comes from releasing the list...i cannot imagine that the original intent of the FOI act was to release names of football coaches who apply for certain jobs...i don't hear anybody asking for a list of names who applied for the 7th grade math teaching position...anyway, it doesn't really matter to me because in 6 months, no one will care about this at all...just offering my two cents.

If you guys have any questions you want answered, you can email James Ware at [email protected]

bob west was way off on that answer.what bob doesnt understand is that coaches in certain positions dont apply.they send letters of intent.if the committee wants to interview them as a finalist then they apply.the letter of intent serves as there app.if there not a finalist they dint show up on the list.happens a lot.ive got a feeling bob is referring to stump as the person png is fishing for.stump may have sent a letter and png could be pursuing him because of that letter.ive been told we have a good pool to choose from.

If, and that is a big IF, Stump were to be named the PN-G coach, this board woud be in meltdown mode. There would be so many conspiracies that it would not even be funny. Get your popcorn ready.

If, and that is a big IF, Stump were to be named the PN-G coach, this board woud be in meltdown mode. There would be so many conspiracies that it would not even be funny. Get your popcorn ready.

Who's Stump?  And why would it cause a meltdown?

Is that a serious question? 95% of this board feels like Stump would never leave WB for PN-G. I don't think he will either, but some of the posters are implying PN-G is waiting on him.

Craig Stump is a former American football player and the current football coach at West Brook High School in Beaumont, Texas. He played quarterback for Texas A&M University.

Coaching career

Stump has been the head coach at West Brook since 2005. In 2007, he won his second consecutive District 21-5A title by leading his team to a 10-1 record.

Prior to West Brook, he was the head coach at Kelly High School, also in Beaumont. Before becoming coaching in high school, Stump spent six years as an assistant for Mississippi State under his former college coach, Jackie Sherrill as well as three seasons as an assistant at Tulane.

Is that a serious question? 95% of this board feels like Stump would never leave WB for PN-G. I don't think he will either, but some of the posters are implying PN-G is waiting on him.

Craig Stump is a former American football player and the current football coach at West Brook High School in Beaumont, Texas. He played quarterback for Texas A&M University.

Coaching career

Stump has been the head coach at West Brook since 2005. In 2007, he won his second consecutive District 21-5A title by leading his team to a 10-1 record.

Prior to West Brook, he was the head coach at Kelly High School, also in Beaumont. Before becoming coaching in high school, Stump spent six years as an assistant for Mississippi State under his former college coach, Jackie Sherrill as well as three seasons as an assistant at Tulane.

Oh...that Stump.  I thought you were talking about somebody there in town. 

Several media members will partake in a round table discussion regarding the secretness of PN-G football coaching search this Thursday, 9pm, on Fox 4.

I have an idea, why not make the PNG search for a new coach a mini-series, since there are so MANY people that find this drama intriguing.  Could help some of the local tv stations ratings!  We could make it a reality show with all these hot shots on the board as stars.  Lets see, how bout "Survivor: The PNG Coaching Decision". 

You guys have got to give this a rest!  It's getting scarry that so many of you, NOT FROM PNG, are losing sleep over this!

PNG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HONOR............PRIDE..........TRADITION..........."PRICELESS!"

What good is a group of media people, who are pissed they don't have the list, going to achieve by having a round table discussion? Are they going to tell us something we do not already know? Are is the point of it to paint PNGISD as the devil?

aidfan94, probably the latter.  I find it really something, that since I defend PNGISD's Boards decision, which affects me and my support of the Indians, that my Karma ratings continue to decline.  Now, I commend everyone for supporting their respective school districts, but I feel so much hostility on this board now because of my defense of PNG.  This thing is waaaaaayyyy overblown.  What does it matter anyway.  Not a dang one of you can do anything about the final decision in deciding who the new coach is anyway.  It seems to me that many of you just want something else to rip to pieces.......it just doesnt make any sense!

I demand to see the list of round table discussion panel, it's my right. Ha. Ha. Maybe they will let us all call in, kind of a point/counterpoint deal. Get Bob Barker out of retirement and let him spend the wheel. Lets get a keg going this is bound to be hilarious. You do realize that if they step the date up on their announcement they do not have to reveal the list? Am i wrong on this?

I demand to see the list of round table discussion panel, it's my right. Ha. Ha. Maybe they will let us all call in, kind of a point/counterpoint deal. Get Bob Barker out of retirement and let him spend the wheel. Lets get a keg going this is bound to be hilarious. You do realize that if they step the date up on their announcement they do not have to reveal the list? Am i wrong on this?

I think you're right.

I'm being a part of it and a keg was a great idea. I'll get on that part of it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami