Pony age question?

Lazeek

let the kids play according to their ability,if a kid can hit coach pitching then what good is it to make him hit off a tee? the t.c. vote is a bad vote, going to loose kids.if an 8yr old has the skills to compete with 9 & 10 yr. olds then why not let him play up it will only make him & the league better.

let the kids play according to their ability,if a kid can hit coach pitching then what good is it to make him hit off a tee? the t.c. vote is a bad vote, going to loose kids.if an 8yr old has the skills to compete with 9 & 10 yr. olds then why not let him play up it will only make him & the league better.

I agree 100%.  You are only hurting the kid.

I dont understand why everyone thinks they are hurting there kids by keeping them in the age group they should be in. At this age the kids are still learning and expanding there skills, I have personally seen very few kids who are mature enough to move up. Just because you are stud player in eigth grade do you think the High School Coach would move a kid up? I don't, its all about maturity and I think you can scar a kid for life by moving them up to early. If you take an 8 year old and put him in kid pitch and he gets nailed by a wild pitch right out of the gate there is a high probalility he will have a much worse reaction then if he was a year older.

I dont understand why everyone thinks they are hurting there kids by keeping them in the age group they should be in. At this age the kids are still learning and expanding there skills, I have personally seen very few kids who are mature enough to move up. Just because you are stud player in eigth grade do you think the High School Coach would move a kid up? I don't, its all about maturity and I think you can scar a kid for life by moving them up to early. If you take an 8 year old and put him in kid pitch and he gets nailed by a wild pitch right out of the gate there is a high probalility he will have a much worse reaction then if he was a year older.

I definitely think you are entitled to your opinion even though I don't agree. However I am entitled to mine too. Therefore if you don't think you should move your kid up then don't but if the rules allow it and I think my kid can play up then I should be able to without answering to someone that thinks it may scar my child. I can take the opposite of your analogy and say if you take an 8 year old and move him up and he is extremely successful you have a high probability that he will be confident from now on.  ;)

I definitely think you are entitled to your opinion even though I don't agree. However I am entitled to mine too. Therefore if you don't think you should move your kid up then don't but if the rules allow it and I think my kid can play up then I should be able to without answering to someone that thinks it may scar my child. I can take the opposite of your analogy and say if you take an 8 year old and move him up and he is extremely successful you have a high probability that he will be confident from now on.  ;)

Everyone is defintley entitled to an opinion and if you are in a league that allows that I have no problem with it. You are also correct that your child may be successfull if he moves up, but does the risk outweigh the reward? How many parents will move there Kid up even though they are not ready (Little Johnny got to move up why cant my son?)?Every league board has to make decisions based on the kids best interest, TCYB simply thought this was the best way to proceed for the time being.

Everyone is defintley entitled to an opinion and if you are in a league that allows that I have no problem with it. You are also correct that your child may be successfull if he moves up, but does the risk outweigh the reward? How many parents will move there Kid up even though they are not ready (Little Johnny got to move up why cant my son?)?Every league board has to make decisions based on the kids best interest, TCYB simply thought this was the best way to proceed for the time being.

Then it is the right thing for TCYB.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder