BH takes out Huffman & Westbrook to reach Title Game

BHFAN

BH Vs. Hastings today for the Championship game

BH girls’ advance to championship game

By Nick Cioci

The Baytown Sun 

Published December 31, 2008

MONT BELVIEU — The Barbers Hill Lady Eagles advanced to the championship of the Gulf Coast Classic with two wins Tuesday.

The Eagles beat Huffman 69-53 in the first game and West Brook 51-38 in the second game.

Jenna Silva, Jasmine Carter and Jordan Cobb led the way for the Eagles in the game against Huffman.

Silva had 15 points, Carter had 14 points and Cobb had nine points.

Jill Coon also chipped in six assists and six steals for the Eagles.

Carter and Britney Gibbs led the way for the Eagles in the game against West Brook.

Carter had 13 points while Gibbs was one assist shy of a triple-double with 10 points, 10 rebounds and nine assists.

The Eagles will be back in action today when they take on Hastings at 1:30 p.m. in a rematch of last year’s championship game at the Gulf Coast Classic girls’ division.

In other action of the Gulf Coast Classic girls’ division, the Sterling Lady Rangers defeated Ozen 60-45 Tuesday to advance to the semifinals of the third-place game.

Deshelle Isaac and Denise White led the way for the Lady Rangers in the game with 20 points and 17 points, respectively.

The Lady Rangers will be back in action today when they take on West Brook in the semifinals of the third-place game at 9 a.m.

The winner of Sterling/West Brook will take on the winner of Terrell/Mayde Creek at noon for third place.

The Crosby Lady Cougars lost to Little Cypress-Mauriceville 52-38 Tuesday in the consolation bracket.

Reneisha Sheppard and Sonniqua Jones led the way for the Lady Cougars.

Sheppard had nine blocks while Jones had 11 points for the Lady Cougars, who fell to 8-12 overall with the loss.

Lady Cougar head coach Bryan Anderson said free throws were a problem for the Cougars in the game.

The Lady Cougars managed only 28 percent from the line, hitting eight of 29 free throws while LCM made 20 of 29 free throws.

The Lady Cougars will be back in action Tuesday when they host Kingwood Park in District 19-4A play at 7:30 p.m.

Guest bleed orange

Jenna Silva, mom and dad are both graduates of Orangefield. Glad to see she is doing well.

Jenna had a breakout tournament, very talented young Sophmore...great things ahead for BH!

I think they need to move back to Orangefield. Lot of jobs in the golden triangle. ;D ;D ;D Plus both still have family over here.

Jenna Silva, mom and dad are both graduates of Orangefield. Glad to see she is doing well.

Jenna had a breakout tournament, very talented young Sophmore...great things ahead for BH!

I think they need to move back to Orangefield. Lot of jobs in the golden triangle. ;D ;D ;D Plus both still have family over here.

They are my neighbors, so I know where they live...and I'd let the air out of all their tires if they tried to leave!  ;D ;D  I know dad reads this forum, so don't be puttin' foolish ideas in his head!  BIG BIG things ahead for BH girls basketball in the next couple of years...Jenna's gonna be a big part of that  :)

The BH girls team was very impressive and they have only one Senior on the team if I'm not mistaken. I hear they have a very good 8th grade team as well. Number 11 is only a freshmen and is playing very well! I hope to see them when they meet Dayton in district. It should be a great game. Hastings would have been in trouble in the championship with BH if BH would have hit their free throws and made the layups that were missed.

in your opinion will be the top four teams in that district? KPark doing anything?

Kingwood Park has been playing very competitively against some good teams.  It should be a horserace between Dayton, CE King and BH for the top spots.  BH hasn't played either of them yet, so its hard to say how it will end up.  BH gets first test against CEK Tuesday...we'll see.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    asfdefsa02
    Newest Member
    asfdefsa02