what rule would u liked changed in high school football

skipper

This system says to me:Let's just play good enough to win 4th place in district,we can play alot of underclassmen and JV players and let them get lots of playing time,rest our starters for the playoff's so we will be healthy w/lots of depth.We can sneak in as the underdog as they do not have any real game film with our starters so we will have a advantage.

I dont believe this is whats happening.

That' just makes your starters out of shpe once the playoffs come around.....remember it's practice that makes persfect.

I like the way they have it set up in the nfl to where you can only penailize them for five if you feel it is not an intentional face face mask.  I think they just need to use the five yard penalty a little more and use the fifteen for severe or flagrent fouls.

There is no longer any such thing as a 5 yard face mask penalty at any level.  They are all 15 yarders at this point.

Guest dawg4life

personally i think the 15 yard rule on pass interference no matter if it was possibly a 40 yard play is absolutly terrible.......i always have!!!!! when you think about it alot of times instead of it being any kind of "penalty" to a defense it actually works toward their favor .............say i am burned on a long possible td play and i know it.......simply taking the receiver out  bails me out.  as to one of the previous post...the facemasking being 15yds is one of the best rules implemented i think with players safety in mind.

come on?? do you really think a one team playoff would benefit anyone?  I agree I like the three team setup because it gives small schools in the district something to shot for.  I think there is no fair way to divide the teams into districts evenly without greating a huge number of districts and only having a few teams in each district.  I think they have created a pretty good system of grouping the teams into districts based on enrollment numbers and distance.  They came up with the three team advancing to offset the difference in enrollement numbers.  What is wrong with a team that has half the enrollment numbers of most of the teams in their district making the playoffs?  Like it was said earlier they are usually weeded out the first round anyway?  The UIL makes more revenue off the extra games, the school districts make more money, the kids get to play more football, and we get to watch more football!  I dont see any down side to this setup?  The only person or team I could see that dont benefit from this is the teams that are usually the dominate team in a region and just want to hurry up and get to the final rounds or have coaches that are worried about playing the extra game and getting someone hurt that they might need later.  If I am describing you then I have a message for you,,, who cares?  That is not what texas high school football is about. 

it was just my opinion, i said the 3 team system is "ok" for me...and im definitely not the type your talking about...i went to baytown sterling and we made it as the 3rd team this year for the first time since 1985...and u like the playoffs for the reasons i said having 4 teams in would bea good reason...its just u have a difference from the old school people who were used to the playoffs being a reward for a good year, now if you have a pulse you can pretty much go and in some districts you dont even need that...only one team making it would be a bit drastic, probably 2 would be the best system to ME, mainly because there are districts w/ a lot of schools in it....3 is a little too much but managable, 4 just seems ridiculous to me, esp. when u have some 6 team districts....

This system says to me:Let's just play good enough to win 4th place in district,we can play allot of underclassmen and JV players and let them get lots of playing time,rest our starters for the playoffs so we will be healthy w/lots of depth.We can sneak in as the underdog as they do not have any real game film with our starters so we will have a advantage.

That may work in some Districts, but try to come out of our district doing that. We have LaMarque, Texas City, Friendswood, Angleton, and now Pearland Dawson and Manvel. We are fans of the 4 teams per district setup. A really good team in our district is going to be beaten at least once no matter what, and some very good teams will have several losses. The 4 team bracket is a chance for some good teams to get out of district and prove themselves against some different teams.

What I do not like it the fact that we have 8 teams in our district, and the Sugerland district (Lamar Consolidated, Terry, Richmond Foster etc.) only has 5 teams. Only 1 team stays home. Why put 8 in one, and 5 in another that are within easy driving distance? I understand some of the East and especially West Texas alignment problems, But within Houston Metro? That is DUMB.

I like the idea of 4 teams going to the playoffs.  In 95, Chip Ambers was a sophomore and West Brook lost its first five games, two were district games.  The Brook won the last five including wins over the two teams that went to the playoff (Central and North Shore at North Shore).  But, I do think each district should have at least 8 teams not 6.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder