Lake Travis vs. Longview predicitons

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rollinac is right with the exeption of the backup QB also plays receiver and Defense.

And that 6'-7" 320 lb 2nd string OL is my son.

I believe the reason would be that the starter is headed to UT correct?  Tell you what...move to Dayton tomorrow and we'll have him starting both ways by Thursday night...it's the same offense...QB is almost as good (not a shot at Cody either Stacey10)...Point is LT's second string would be the varsity at most 4A schools.  I've got a house I'll sell you for $1 and the paper's are ready to sign...

Put up the picture again...there are building in "Downtown" Dayton smaller than this kid.  Heck there are buildings in downtown Dallas that are smaller than this kid.

I am originally from Nacogdoches, and know all about The Longview, Lufkin, and Tyler powerhouse teams. But having seen LT in action against my Friendswood......It won't even be close. LT is like Novacain. You don't even know its working, and then you look up and the surgery is over and you have been cut up to the tune of 50+ points and you cant even remember how All those points got there.

Check out Friendswood Def coaches take.

This is the hidden content, please

LT Completely Dominated a Powerhouse Team in Dayton Last year a team that has returned back to the state finals again this year! With LT returning most of its kids and with a QB like Gilbert this came could be over at half time ! Stats are big but seriosuly until u get out and watch these kids play you cant really understand the Greatness! Gilbert is simply amazing barring any injuries we will be watching this kid on sundays for years to come

Guest 5starboss

I've seen Longview play several times this year.  I've heard a ton about the LT offense.  The LT defense is obviously well able to stop teams in their tracks.  It's hard to imagine that LT is light years beyond Longview.  Even thought Longview is the underdog in this fight, I won't be shocked if they win.  Surprised maybe, but not shocked.

LT===49

LV===42 

The one thing that seems to get overlooked in all of this was that Dayton's defense last year WAS THE #1 SCORING DEFENSE IN THE STATE OF TEXAS REGARDLESS OF DIVISION.  They had 4 or 5 shut-outs...can't remember.  Point is that LT has seen "Great" defenses like Longview and it just doesn't matter...they will do what they do and you will not stop it.  FW put it best...Novacain...next thing you know you're down by 35.

Guest 5starboss

The one thing that seems to get overlooked in all of this was that Dayton's defense last year WAS THE #1 SCORING DEFENSE IN THE STATE OF TEXAS REGARDLESS OF DIVISION.  They had 4 or 5 shut-outs...can't remember.  Point is that LT has seen "Great" defenses like Longview and it just doesn't matter...they will do what they do and you will not stop it.  FW put it best...Novacain...next thing you know you're down by 35.

that quote is from "remember the Titans"..."Just wanted to let you know what the offense is doing. Awful skinny playbook, ain't it? I run plays, split veer. It's like novocaine. Just give it time, ...it'll work"

What planet are you guys from?  Thinking that just b/c one team(LT) has won many games they can't lose?  Please don't think that Saturday will be a cake walk for either team.  Know that LV has been tried and tested, which can't do anything but further prove to a team that there is no obstacle they can't overcome.  The blowouts everyone is referring to are b/c LT hasn't been playing anyone in the playoffs!  Most teams would blow those caliber of teams out.  Even if they made it to the semis that side of the bracket is substantially weaker than the other side that LV came from.  Maybe LT should bulk up its preseason schedule with the likes of Lufkin, SLC, HP, Allen, Cedar Hill and see what type of record they would have?  I doubt it would be an undefeated record, but it would definitely toughen the team up!  Good luck to both teams on Saturday, and may the team that wants it most win!  I as a football fan, know that both teams deserve to be there, and therefore they both have an EQUAL chance to win.  I have seen both teams play, and yes Gilbert is good, but can he beat this team by himself...NO.  Does LT have the same speed or athleticism of LV, NO.  Do they have bigger guys upfront, Probably, but everyone does...  It takes more to have an awesome TEAM than 1 player.  What will happen next year when he is gone?  And who knows he may suck at the next level, you never know who is being recruited after you! Will he play on Sunday, I don't know about that one at all!  Way to early to tell.

From remember the Titans huh...guess I'll actually have to watch that movie.  I hear all the talk about LT hasn't seen this that or the other...blah...they have.  I don't care what teams they played Allen, Katy, Prarie View A&M...this team would still be unbeaten.  Drop the "tough schedule" crap East Texas.  It's a PERCEIVED tough schedule.  PERCEIVED because it's based on subjective rankings by people who HAVE BARELY SEEN ANY OF THE TEAMS PLAY.  Continue to justify their undefeated season against your one loss season however you wish...tough schedule is a weak excuse people use to JUSTIFY LOSSES.  That and the refs.  LV would not have done what Lake Travis did with LT's schedule.  LT is one tough team to beat...if LV does it then they will have earned it.  Better hope for cold weather and a windy day.  LV does have a chance to win...I wouldn't put it any higher than 10%.

Cavs 36 (1-2 pt conv)

Lobos 13

Good to see LT on the board....bad seeing them on the field (THANK GOD FOR DIVISION II).  Allen WAS the best team that LV has seen all year.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I'll take Lake Travis to beat any team on any field in this state barring UT, TT, ATM, Rice and UH...maybe.  I'd be very surprised if they got beat...they're way more athletic than you think, their defense is better than you think, and Gilbert could hit a dime from 50.  Kid reminds me of Peyton Manning the way he organizes things at the line. 

Yeah...everything he just said.....

LT is easily the best team in the state of Texas and until you have seen them play you have no idea what a good team looks like.  Just ask some of our friends over in Friendswood....

LT will win this one....and probably by at least 3 touchdowns.

From remember the Titans huh...guess I'll actually have to watch that movie.  I hear all the talk about LT hasn't seen this that or the other...blah...they have.  I don't care what teams they played Allen, Katy, Prarie View A&M...this team would still be unbeaten.  Drop the "tough schedule" crap East Texas.  It's a PERCEIVED tough schedule.  PERCEIVED because it's based on subjective rankings by people who HAVE BARELY SEEN ANY OF THE TEAMS PLAY.  Continue to justify their undefeated season against your one loss season however you wish...tough schedule is a weak excuse people use to JUSTIFY LOSSES.  That and the refs.  LV would not have done what Lake Travis did with LT's schedule.  LT is one tough team to beat...if LV does it then they will have earned it.  Better hope for cold weather and a windy day.  LV does have a chance to win...I wouldn't put it any higher than 10%.

Why should we hope for anything, but a great game!  Please there is nothing here that is meant to justify any loss.  A loss is a loss, anyway you slice it.  I've basically been about half of the LT games throughout the season, and the same for LV, I will say honestly they are both great teams!  However for anyone to say that either squad has a better chance to win than the other is ludicrous!  It would be obvious that YOU haven't seen both teams to play, to even make that statement.  If you are being OBJECTIVE then you can't make that call...and yes LV would have done exactly what LT did with their schedule.  LV has not lost a district championship in the past 5 seasons(4 of those in 5A!), and have won 26 in their history, most of those years in the top classification.   I watch football not to root for a team, but for the love of the game.  So I make statements based on fact...and you know that a 10% chance to win is ridiculous!

What planet are you guys from?  Thinking that just b/c one team(LT) has won many games they can't lose?  Please don't think that Saturday will be a cake walk for either team.  Know that LV has been tried and tested, which can't do anything but further prove to a team that there is no obstacle they can't overcome.  The blowouts everyone is referring to are b/c LT hasn't been playing anyone in the playoffs!  Most teams would blow those caliber of teams out.  Even if they made it to the semis that side of the bracket is substantially weaker than the other side that LV came from.  Maybe LT should bulk up its preseason schedule with the likes of Lufkin, SLC, HP, Allen, Cedar Hill and see what type of record they would have?  I doubt it would be an undefeated record, but it would definitely toughen the team up!   Good luck to both teams on Saturday, and may the team that wants it most win!  I as a football fan, know that both teams deserve to be there, and therefore they both have an EQUAL chance to win.  I have seen both teams play, and yes Gilbert is good, but can he beat this team by himself...NO.  Does LT have the same speed or athleticism of LV, NO.  Do they have bigger guys upfront, Probably, but everyone does...  It takes more to have an awesome TEAM than 1 player.  What will happen next year when he is gone?   And who knows he may suck at the next level, you never know who is being recruited after you! Will he play on Sunday, I don't know about that one at all!  Way to early to tell.

Umm come back on Sunday and lets see how you feel about all of this.....trust me...its not just Gilbert.  They are the best and although I agree with you on everything else you say, you just have to see them play- they are in a league of their own- trust me on that.  You will see for yourself come Saturday....

I don't know much about LV really but I know tons about LT and have seen them play- they dominate and make it look incredibly easy- you won't know what hit you!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder