Little league response to png mom

texans

Lets see, select baseball, you get a bunch of kids together who's parents have enough money to allow their kids to play.  This eliminates a large group of kids.  They only play with their age group.  Sounds alot like what happens in high school.  Yea right

???

I think you're addressing me, correct?

Qualifying for a high level select tournament is not that difficult, although winning it is.

I'm not talking about select ball, though, although several of the GNLL team of 2006 did play select as well. I'm talking about good, old fashioned Little League baseball, where the team faced elimination at every tournament they played in.

Where Groves, who chose 12 all stars from a field of about 22 boys, eliminated teams from Houston and beyond who chose their 12 players from a field of up to 200. They made it to the Southwest US Regional Tournament before being eliminated in a true nail biter in the quarter finals.

Dismiss it if you wish, it was a huge accomplishment and speaks not only to the baseball talents of the group, but to their athleticism. The same athleticism (and heart) which won them district football championships this year for the A and B teams.

I personally cannot wait to see them compete at the varsity level. Hope to see you there.  :)

Lets see, select baseball, you get a bunch of kids together who's parents have enough money to allow their kids to play.  This eliminates a large group of kids.  They only play with their age group.  Sounds alot like what happens in high school.  Yea right

Looks like someones kid didnt make it onto a select team.

Looks like someones kid didnt make it onto a select team.

Probably not, 90% of the kids on this GNLL team had been playing select together( I believe the team was the Heat) for a couple of years when they decided to go back to league for their 12 year old year to make a run at the state championship.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83