Newton Vs Franklin... Predictions/It's Gameday!!!!

Guest EagleFan01

Thanks  Wow from the look of their schedule, they played a very weak schedule. Isn't lovelady a 1A team?

Lovelady is a dang good team...unfortunately they were odd man out this year in D22, any other district they would be playing right now. You can bank on that.

Franklin won the games they needed to in order to get where they are at. It might not look like they had a tough district but it wasn't exactly a cake walk.

Thanks  Wow from the look of their schedule, they played a very weak schedule. Isn't lovelady a 1A team?

Lovelady is a dang good team...unfortunately they were odd man out this year in D22, any other district they would be playing right now. You can bank on that.

Franklin won the games they needed to in order to get where they are at. It might not look like they had a tough district but it wasn't exactly a cake walk.

By Round three of the playoffs all the cake walk teams have turned in their gear, so we expect Franklin to be ready to put up a good scrap. Looking forward to Friday afternoon and a Good Game. I do however believe that the Eagles will advance. Eagle Pride is the 12th man. The Newton Eagles All The Way.

Don't sell Franklin short. They eliminated traditional playoff team such as Teague and Marlin. They are a running team that can control the clock . With rain and wind predicted this will favor Franklin and their power running game. Newton's defense will have to step up to win this one.

Newton 27  Franklin 14

Best of Luck, Newton.......go ALL the way!

dont see newton going all the way.  even if they somehow manage to win against franklin.  The BIG BAD ROADBLOCK know as dfield stops them short

Well, I hope you are wrong kevnasty. You probably are wrong.....let me explain how I came to that conclusion.

#1 your email in "thumpnuts" or something like that lol. Cant be very much in the know if you go by that, even if it is just an email addy

#2 You are from Dfield and probably doing more wishful thinking than educating us ignorant fans in Southeast Texas.

#3 Your previous post (which I will paste in below) predicted Arp would walk on Kville and "introduce them to smashmouth football." Kirbyville showed you that your definition of smashmouth football more closely resembled a powder puff approach. Kville is no stranger to smashmouth football this season and delivered a quick lesson regarding SETexas style of play....Newton is no different.

The Kirbyville Kirbys are about the weakest 10-0 team i have ever seen.  A power Ranking of 2.3 (thats low)  Arp rolls over kville and introduces yall to smash mouth football.  Be lucky DFIELD didnt have to play yall or KVILLE would really be humiliated.

Arp 24

Kirby's 3

I remember Newton playing Daingerfield in 1998 for the state title. Newton won 21-0. I know Daingerfield is a perrenial power and you wont hear me ignorantly claiming my Eagles will roll over them....I look forward to potentially playing Dfield but we both have an opponent to defeat this week. The title will probably belong to either Newton or Daingerfield when the season is over......Kirbyville looks poised to win out too.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder