*Lumberton vs. Crosby Playoff Updates*CROSBY UPSETS LUMBERTON!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Crosby, you played a great game.  The Crosby QB ran well and reminded me of the Waller QB last year.  The Crosby defense was tough all night.

Keep your heads up Raiders, you had a great season.  The loss stings and it's tough to end the season like that.  We're going to miss Hanna and the rest of the seniors on next year's team, but you had a great two year run and a lot to be proud of with two co-district championships. 

Congrats also to Big Ned and good luck to the rest of the 20-4A teams, I'll be pulling for you.

Guest RatedRSuperstar

Congrats to both teams on a tough, well played game.  And by the way Diamond J, your crow will be ready for pickup at the Crosby Wal-Mart tomorrow around noon.  We ordered it stuffed to make sure it fills up your pie hole. ;D

LUMBERTON, what the heck...I go out of town for a week and all hell breaks loose.  After watching y'all last week, I figured this game to be a foregone conclusion.  Nederland looked like a better team than Crosby.  Oh well, maybe we'll get to see the rivalry continue in the future???

LUMBERTON, what the heck...I go out of town for a week and all heck breaks loose.  After watching y'all last week, I figured this game to be a foregone conclusion.  Nederland looked like a better team than Crosby.  Oh well, maybe we'll get to see the rivalry continue in the future???

Not having Beard caught up with us quicker than people thought.  It was 21-21 midway through the 4th and Crosby had a huge 3rd and 12 that went for 60 yards right up the middle.  Had Beard been on the field, let's just say that play would of ended somewhat differently.  Congrats to Crosby for finding the holes in our D, though.

Great season, Raiders.

No excusses from this Raider fan, My Raiders just got beat by the better Lions tonight. I thought it was a good called game from both coaches and the Refs. We just got beat, everybody but that one team will take the same bus ride my Raiders took tonight. Good Luck to all the local teams left in the playoffs. I will be at the Dayton game tomorrow.

Nice win Cougars. Congrats Raiders on a good season. Crosby did a good job against the run, their LB's stepped up. It looked like Lumberton was having some decent success with the pass in the first half, not sure why they got away from it in the second. Anyway, nice game to both teams.

I want to say this though. That was the best crowd (L-train) I have seen at a hs game in a long time. I'm a die hard Bronco fan (who was on the Raider's side btw) and I thought the crowd was great. Y'all had a lot longer drive, and 3x as many people show. There was no booing or crying at the refs, just good clean noise. My hats off to the Lumberton community. That my friends, is how you support your local high school team. Good luck next year!

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Congrats to Crosby on the win. There D was very tough against the running game all night. I was surprised by that. They have 3 really good Offensive players...the QB Merca is better than any QB in our District...He's tall, very mobile, & can sling it. He did remind me of Waller's QB (Phillips) like one poster previouosly said. Their WR #7 Franks isn't bad either and #12 Casey was very fast and we didn't have an answer for him all night.I think he had 3 Td's. Special Teams killed us giving them very good field position most of the game. We had our chance to take over halfway through the 4th when we had them on 3rd and 12....if we stop them we get the ball back with only about 4 min. left in 4th quarter and can possibly put a drive together to win the game. But, they called a good play and went right up the middle with the QB sneak which had been working all night. That play and the turnover at the end was the final nail in the coffin. I'm proud of our boys for this entire season including last night and they should hold their heads up high for what they were able to accomplish this year. Thanks for the all of the fun and memories guys.

That was a great game...our defense was on top of its game last night.  Being a Football parent for several years last night was the saddest for me.  My son graduates this year :( but to him and all those fantastic players...We are so proud of each of you, ya'll showed so much integrity on that field tonight, we had a great year, we still proved we were not flukes.  Keep your heads up !!!

Cougars 08;I tried to tell em,they would have no part of Crosby in a close one.Guess ya'll's kroger sold out of crow-1/2 off w/L-Train card.Outside your loss to Dayton,you're a good team.They would have no part of that.The real fact is I really think deep down 20 4a misses us now that we've been moved to 19-4a Because we made them play better,represented them to the semi's @ look to equal that again.As for 20-4a win last night,gotta give some cedit to them dawgs,I had them losing by 14.It looked bad for the dawgs early,a 100yd.return/onside kick td put Nederland even but w/purpose.Great coaching job by Neumann.Bad decisions by Malokoski,but a barn burner.A shame King can't throw,next year they need a chunker.Congradulations COOGS,you made white buffalo smile again.

WOW wow wow liltex are you serious? Coming on this topic saying this and that about Dayton making 20-4A look good man get a life.. It was a hard fought game and could have went either way last night, But yall are gonna keep hearin from the L-Train fans no matter what. Thats just the way it is..

Saying are DL are small and LB's are unphysical was the wrong statement for are D we used so much of that downgrading to are advantage in the game last night, and i dont take to well to critisism and we (the LB's) hopefully proved to the people who thought we were unphysical and couldnt play with the so called best o-line in yalls district, and i hoped we proved alot of people wrong last night with the way are D played last night against the run, we made them do what they didnt want to do which was throw the ball and i am proud of the way my D played.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder