Lumberton Raiders

Matt

I didnt' say Credeur was scraping to get by at all. All I am saying is that money is an important factor to people. It may not be everything but it is important and an individual should not be criticized for choosing to follow financial opportunities should they come there way. I can tell you as someone who struggled to raise a family on a good salary of about $50,00 a year that it's much better attempting the same thing on twice that a year. I enjoyed my $50,000 a year job, immensely, but I finally chose to make the switch so I could provide an even better life for my family. I don't know Coach Credeur nor do I know if he has offers from other schools or even the desire to leave. But, should he receive an offer that Lumberton can't match and that will provide the best opportunity for he and his family, I would fully understand and support his decision to leave.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't help but wonder. How did this discussion ever get to this point anyway? It seems like every post turns into a discussion about the future of the coach. I realize this is the end of the season (for most) but it must really suck to know that every November the entire community is sitting around discussing your job, you salary, your future. Put yourself in those shoes. Maybe you're a welder, mechanic, machinist, accountant, etc. Wouldn't it suck if there was a forum online where people sat around and said "Man, that Bill needs to be fired. He's a good welder but he did blow that one weld back in August. I bet if we got Dave in here, he would never make a mistake." You know. It must really suck to do a good job, really give your all and have it all taken away because a group of 15-18 year old kids, under your tutelage, couldn't live up to the expectations of a community of adults. I would hate to think that my career and my family's well-being depended on the whims of teenage boys. I know some coaches just weren't meant to be coaches but noone goes into a job hoping to fail. Sometimes, even the best laid plans, fall apart. Just a thought.

Couldn't help but wonder. How did this discussion ever get to this point anyway? It seems like every post turns into a discussion about the future of the coach. I realize this is the end of the season (for most) but it must really suck to know that every November the entire community is sitting around discussing your job, you salary, your future. Put yourself in those shoes. Maybe you're a welder, mechanic, machinist, accountant, etc. Wouldn't it suck if there was a forum online where people sat around and said "Man, that Bill needs to be fired. He's a good welder but he did blow that one weld back in August. I bet if we got Dave in here, he would never make a mistake." You know. It must really suck to do a good job, really give your all and have it all taken away because a group of 15-18 year old kids, under your tutelage, couldn't live up to the expectations of a community of adults. I would hate to think that my career and my family's well-being depended on the whims of teenage boys. I know some coaches just weren't meant to be coaches but noone goes into a job hoping to fail. Sometimes, even the best laid plans, fall apart. Just a thought.

Great Post LR1969, I hope those that read it truly understand what you are trying to say.

Thanks Rog! Virg said he was at HI this past week. Said he had a great time. I keep telling myself every season that I'm going to make a game or two but it just never seems to happen. Maybe next year. Let's just hope the hurricanes stay away for a while.

I am just happy its not my senior year I hope my class of 2010 can go 4+ playoff games ... I also was disapointed in the support this year I understand last year was a first time ever deal but the fans should have done better thi year in my opinion but still the team played well last night and I think god or mother nature was mad we lost lol due to the end of games sprinkles + lights dimming + Gusty winds that didnt truly happen till 3rd quarter !

lets hope the adminstration and school board start making the same commitment that the players and coaches have made

I would vote for THAT bond issue!

You better vote to give the man a raise or he is going to take the six figures PNG will offer him. Just sit back and watch.  :o

NO WAY! the man has started something here that no one ever has, do you honestly think Lumberton is going to let him go? coach C isn't going anywhere . it's pretty obvious that you don't understand who he or what he is about! for those who know him, including myself, know that he is more than a dollar sign.besides lumberton gave him the AD title before he even went to the playoffs, and now that he has done that 2 years in a row...his home is here. I do see it as a compliment that png would consider him, with their winning tradition. who wouldn't want him?

as a relative of Coach Credeur ....id put my money that he aint going anywhere

I am just happy its not my senior year I hope my class of 2010 can go 4+ playoff games ... I also was disapointed in the support this year I understand last year was a first time ever deal but the fans should have done better thi year in my opinion but still the team played well last night and I think god or mother nature was mad we lost lol due to the end of games sprinkles + lights dimming + Gusty winds that didnt truly happen till 3rd quarter !

I'm not sure if your a player or a student or band member or whatever, and it really doesn't matter. I'm a Dayton fan who was at the game last night and I have to tell you, support doesn't get much better than it was last night. That's the first Lumberton game I've attended this year, so not sure how the reg. season was, but last night I thought the Lumberton fans were awesome. Pretty classy the way everyone stayed till the last tick of the clock. You should be proud.

I'm not sure if your a player or a student or band member or whatever, and it really doesn't matter. I'm a Dayton fan who was at the game last night and I have to tell you, support doesn't get much better than it was last night. That's the first Lumberton game I've attended this year, so not sure how the reg. season was, but last night I thought the Lumberton fans were awesome. Pretty classy the way everyone stayed till the last tick of the clock. You should be proud.

Thanks hawkeye. i thought the fans were awesome too. Thanks for the post

Hey guys, the support of fan attendance was there but it was still a BIG difference than what it was last year. The atmosphere was NOT the same this year, prime example go look at the replys from the Tail Gate party post I had this year and from last year. I hope good things continue for the Raiders. See yall next year!!

lets hope the adminstration and school board start making the same commitment that the players and coaches have made

They damn sure better I tell you that.

I graduated Lumberton high class of 06'....that was certainly not our finest hour. Mind you that was Coach John Fullers last season with lumberton and rightfully so. I am amazed at Coach Creduer. I was a senior when he was coaching JV and there was always talk of him being Varsity coach but it never came to be until after I had left.

We had amazing talent all of those years....03-06. Let alot of football slip away from us...i just imagine all the time what could have been with Coach Credeur. I would certainly like to think it would have been different.

GO Lumberton, ALWAYS.

I would vote for THAT bond issue!

You better vote to give the man a raise or he is going to take the six figures PNG will offer him. Just sit back and watch.  :o

NO WAY! the man has started something here that no one ever has, do you honestly think Lumberton is going to let him go? coach C isn't going anywhere . it's pretty obvious that you don't understand who he or what he is about! for those who know him, including myself, know that he is more than a dollar sign.besides lumberton gave him the AD title before he even went to the playoffs, and now that he has done that 2 years in a row...his home is here. I do see it as a compliment that png would consider him, with their winning tradition. who wouldn't want him?

as a relative of Coach Credeur ....id put my money that he aint going anywhere

Thanks, Piratefan ... that's exactly what I've been saying every time this comes up. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder