Lonestar Play-offs

snafu

Congratulations to H-J White and Deweyville for making it to the Superbowl. Also congratulations to Silsbee and Hamshire Fannett  on a great season. Larry I do hope Mr. Walker will be ok. Good luck to all 4 teams next week. See everyone at the Silsbee High School stadium for Superbowl Saturday.

I didn't get to watch all the playoff games today, but I did see the H-J Juniors and the EC Juniors game.  H-J 21, EC 20.  Great game from both teams.  Also, the H-F Juniors and the Deweyville Juniors won by H-F 25-19.  Another great game.  I heard the EC green flag and Buna Blue flag game was a close one too.  12-8 EC.  Everyone seemed to be having a good time.  Big E from H-J had some tasty gumbo too.  Whenever I'm around this kind of playoff atmosphere I think Lonestar must be doing something right. 

HATS OFF TO B.E. AND HIS HAWKS THEY ARE A GREAT TEAM AND I HOPE YALL AND DEWEVILLE PIRATES HAVE ONE FOR THE BOOKS SORRY I DIDNT HAVE MORE FOR YOU BUT ONE FOR EVERONE TO THINK ABOUT IS WE WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR AND I AM RECRUTING 7TH GRADERS LOL NOTHING AGAINST THEM I JUST CANT SEEM TO BEAT THEM SO I AM GOING TO JOIN THEM LOL GOOD LUCK THERE BERRY AND CAPTIN CLAUDE

How are yall playing the superbowl already?

We lost 2 to 3 games because of the two storms.  Lonestar decided to roll into district play after Hurricane IKE.  Each team ended with 6 to 7 regular season games after deciding not to extend the regular season.  I do not think it made a difference on the playoffs with the two best teams, as far as I am concerned, making the Superbowl, HJ White and Deweyville.

How are yall playing the superbowl already?

We lost 2 to 3 games because of the two storms.  Lonestar decided to roll into district play after Hurricane IKE.  Each team ended with 6 to 7 regular season games after deciding not to extend the regular season.  I do not thank it made a difference on the playoffs with the two best teams, as far as I am concerned, making the Superbowl, HJ White and Deweyville.

we just basically scratched the non-conference games that were remanining for most teams...i agree that it shorten the season but didnt hurt our team at all....and i must say that the Vidor teams did a great job of rebounding after losing so many kids from last year to again make the playoffs in the Junior and Senior levels

Very nice words from everyone. We enjoyed the entire day. Great game Larry and we enjoyed it very much. Your young team will be a force next year. Congrats to our junior Hawks. Great job boys (and girls). Hope everyone had a great time. The atmosphere was wonderful, the weather was great, and I will take credit for the gumbo! 

Very nice words from everyone. We enjoyed the entire day. Great game Larry and we enjoyed it very much. Your young team will be a force next year. Congrats to our junior Hawks. Great job boys (and girls). Hope everyone had a great time. The atmosphere was wonderful, the weather was great, and I will take credit for the gumbo! 

Barry the gumbo was great, and you are right the games all day for the most part could have went either way.

I can't remember the last time we had that many tight games throughout the playoffs.

Hats off to everyone we had some really good coaching this year and a great time.

For what my opinion is worth which is not much, I would like to say that the most improved coach this year was Kelly Shaw he did an outstanding job with his team and play calling. I have been at this a while now and for a Junior coach with no more time under his belt than he has to be down or in tight situations and stay focused and committed to sound football is very impressive, most people panic then comes the double reverses and the deep ball, Great job Mr. Shaw

Claude, that was so well put. See, sometimes you can be sooooo thoughtful. Your not gonna pay the ref's this week are ya? Maybe have your brother beat up a ref under the stands and take his stripes so you can have the game called one sided like you have in the past? I've heard stories pal.  ;D

Well thanks Pa papa!

No, just going to have only one ref show up so I can do some illegal stuff and get away with it while he only watches your kids.

Then I will wave my magic wand over my 4 seventh graders two of which are first year players and transform them into 8 or 9 seventh graders and them sprinkle pixie dust on all of them to make them 13, then I will have them shave and teach them more illegal (cut) blocks and how to be sorry and onside kick, then best of all I will teach them how to hit hard! a big no no.

Of course all of this is possible by hand picking them, all 14, one of which came to me after Mauriceville released him because he was no good then I made him a cheater and he now starts at tightend and corner back.

Then I will have C.L give me hand signals from your sidelines and make Mark side with me as he endorses all my other sorry activities.

Then I will soundly beat you.

Thanks Claude for the nice comment, but I have to say that its the players that finally realized what they are capeable of doing. I am blessed with great coaches that help me out each and every day, especially my defensive guy Mr. Cody Bryant ( also the Vice President of our League) He has a great mind for the game and we work well together. I also have a lot of help from other dads and moms at each practice. I will take credit for keeping it simple and if I start to try any thing stupid ( like in Silsbee ) Cody reminds me and we go back to simple.... I am mostly proud of this YOUNG team of footballers and their desire to win. No matter the outcome this weekend, we have had the most memorable season of my coaching years. You and JP are class acts, but I can't wish you good luck this weekend, but I will say that I know you guys will give it all you have. See yall Saturday in Silsbee. Thanks for all you do on the big board!

Kelly Shaw

Claude, that was so well put. See, sometimes you can be sooooo thoughtful. Your not gonna pay the ref's this week are ya? Maybe have your brother beat up a ref under the stands and take his stripes so you can have the game called one sided like you have in the past? I've heard stories pal.  ;D

Well thanks Pa papa!

No, just going to have only one ref show up so I can do some illegal stuff and get away with it while he only watches your kids.

Then I will wave my magic wand over my 4 seventh graders two of which are first year players and transform them into 8 or 9 seventh graders and them sprinkle pixie dust on all of them to make them 13, then I will have them shave and teach them more illegal (cut) blocks and how to be sorry and onside kick, then best of all I will teach them how to hit hard! a big no no.

Of course all of this is possible by hand picking them, all 14, one of which came to me after Mauriceville released him because he was no good then I made him a cheater and he now starts at tightend and corner back.

Then I will have C.L give me hand signals from your sidelines and make Mark side with me as he endorses all my other sorry activities.

Hand signals??....That's funny right there! just when you think you have heard everything, some crackhead comes up with somthing out of leftfield.

Well thanks Pa papa!

It's Big Poppa!

Well thanks Pa papa!

It's Big Poppa!

Sorry!

Well thanks Pa papa!

It's Big Poppa!

Sorry!

Claude don't worry about that HOPEFULLY after Saturday He will be calling you Big Poppa ;)

"who's your daddy now" and Claude will say, (in a very high pitched voice)"you are Big Poppa!"

Did word get out???  That's what Barry makes all the moms say to him at sign ups or our kids can't play!!!  ;) 

Good job Saturday, Big Poppa!  We were proud of you all!! :)  Kimberly  :)

"who's your daddy now" and Claude will say, (in a very high pitched voice)"you are Big Poppa!"

Did word get out???  That's what Barry makes all the moms say to him at sign ups or our kids can't play!!!   ;) 

Good job Saturday, Big Poppa!  We were proud of you all!! :)  Kimberly  :)

;D ;D ;D :D:) If they only know what I know Barry!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83