IS WOODVILLE REALLY THAT BAD!!!!

Guest rykerx144

tell them to show up friday night and take notes.. not really, I think that it is a combination of everything listed.  There is big difference between basketball and track athlete and a football athlete.    I dont know if things have changed much since 2001 but I worked in the area and was around the school alot and Woodville does not have the weight and training program that schools like Kirbyville and Newton does.  If you have Coaches in place that can manage such a program, do the homework it takes to prepare the kids for each friday night to where they know what to expect and what is expected of them then they will respond accordingly.  This does not always mean you will win because there is always better teams out there, but itll limit the amount of people starting threads that are titled IS WOODVILLE REALLY THAT BAD!! 

i beg to differ.... woodville won regional in powerlifting and has very good weight program and has had it for several years now..

tell them to show up friday night and take notes.. not really, I think that it is a combination of everything listed.  There is big difference between basketball and track athlete and a football athlete.    I dont know if things have changed much since 2001 but I worked in the area and was around the school alot and Woodville does not have the weight and training program that schools like Kirbyville and Newton does.  If you have Coaches in place that can manage such a program, do the homework it takes to prepare the kids for each friday night to where they know what to expect and what is expected of them then they will respond accordingly.  This does not always mean you will win because there is always better teams out there, but itll limit the amount of people starting threads that are titled IS WOODVILLE REALLY THAT BAD!!   

so basketball players shouldn't lift during basketball season??

Woodvile isn't tht bad. They had an injury to 1 of their better Rb's several weeks ago. They just need to lift more weights during bb season!  ;) ;D

Weights are an important part of the off season program,but need to be monitored closely during the season.NEVER on game days or before shoot arounds.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder