Who Will Get Dayton In The First Round? L Train Or Livingston?

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

Who Will Get Dayton In The First Round?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Get Dayton In The First Round?

• Lumberton
    • Livingston

I understand rooting for the underdog. I think that's only natural when you don't have a real stake in either team . I was glad to see Texas Tech win. Sure we would love to take down Lake Travis. Who knows, maybe we'll get another chance down the road. As far as enjoyment goes, the higher the stakes the higher the enjoyment is for me personally. So if we do somehow meet up with lumberton in bi-district and happen to win, it'll be nice but won't top the charts. Now if we somehow meet for the regional game and happen to win.....that would be sweet ;D

Whoa now, Texas Tech ? Let's not overboard with underdog thing.  ;D

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? I guess your a Longhorn fan. I thought you said you liked the little guy. If Dayton and Everman are playing for the championship, who would you root for? Honest!

Got me... I am a longhorn fan and that game hurt. Don't know anything about Everman I am assuming houston area ? I pull for underdogs when 2 local teams are playing but always pull for area teams in playoffs . Yall are usually one of the last teams in and I don't see any reason why that would change this year ( if you dont believe me ask your fans  ;D). 20-4A in my opinion is down this year but who knows.

What? I guess your a Longhorn fan. I thought you said you liked the little guy. If Dayton and Everman are playing for the championship, who would you root for? Honest!

Got me... I am a longhorn fan and that game hurt. Don't know anything about Everman I am assuming houston area ? I pull for underdogs when 2 local teams are playing but always pull for area teams in playoffs . Yall are usually one of the last teams in and I don't see any reason why that would change this year ( if you dont believe me ask your fans  ;D). 20-4A in my opinion is down this year but who knows.

I'm thinking more centex?

I'm thinking more centex?

Just southwest of Ft. Worth.

Hey BMF don't be hatin on BORAM's 'Stang! You wish you could have one as clean and FAST!! as that one. Just pull up beside it some day, but it is gonna cost you a few $$$ HUNDRED $$$!!  ;D

Thanks for the compliment 88....you must have seen it at the track a time or two. I usually just let people find out about it for themselves.

Hey BMF don't be hatin on BORAM's 'Stang! You wish you could have one as clean and FAST!! as that one. Just pull up beside it some day, but it is gonna cost you a few $$$ HUNDRED $$$!!  ;D

Thanks for the compliment 88....you must have seen it at the track a time or two. I usually just let people find out about it for themselves.

I like that older body style. Most anyone that drives those nowadays has got a little sumthin' under the hood.

Someone needs to change the title of this thread to "CODY GREEN...YAY OR NAY?"  instead of "Who Will Get Dayton In The First Round? L Train Or Livingston?"

Sounds like the Dayton fans are more worried about their quarterback instead of who they play in the playoffs.

we are off topic. just seems silly to start ANOTHER dayton thread.

wow.. I have been out of the loop for quite some time and I am now trying to catch up.. this is crazy.. what on earth are bronco "supporters" speaking such negative things about the leader of their team for?

bronco1 - are you not a green fan?

I'm not even from the area and have heard only great things about him.. I'd think that the local fans would feel the same way.. what's really going on?

Someone needs to change the title of this thread to "CODY GREEN...YAY OR NAY?"  instead of "Who Will Get Dayton In The First Round? L Train Or Livingston?"

Sounds like the Dayton fans are more worried about their quarterback instead of who they play in the playoffs.

we are off topic. just seems silly to start ANOTHER dayton thread.

wow.. I have been out of the loop for quite some time and I am now trying to catch up.. this is crazy.. what on earth are bronco "supporters" speaking such negative things about the leader of their team for?

bronco1 - are you not a green fan?

I'm not even from the area and have heard only great things about him.. I'd think that the local fans would feel the same way.. what's really going on?

bronco1 didn't say anything negative... I think a few dayton fans voiced some lofty expectations and others are a little more sold on how good cody is than those fans. Nobody wishes he wasn't QB... I think everyone knows the sky is the limit and would like to see him keep heading that direction.

youwish, you must have misunderstood the inconsistent statement.

Green is the best QB in SE Texas as far as I am concerned. He does make some bad passes from time to time, but regardless of the distance 65% completion ratio is good. That combined with his rushing yards makes him the best in our area by far.

Some of us just don't blindly think that "our" quarterback is the best around because he has great stats.  Yes, he's really good, best in SETX...not so sure.  He's got a lot of talent around him including the best player that I've seen in SETX in AJ Dugat.  We're just noting he's awfully inconsistent on passes of 10+ yards.  Are we complaining that we have him...nope.  Do we support our team...yep.  Are we a better team without him...nope.  Can we be fans and still make objective observations...yep.  I just don't think it's too lofty to expect your QB to not overthrow a receiver who's 10 yards past the nearest defender especially if he's the "best" in SETX.  Bet I cheer just as loudly when he scores a touchdown as anyone else.

Some of us just don't blindly think that "our" quarterback is the best around because he has great stats.  Yes, he's really good, best in SETX...not so sure.  He's got a lot of talent around him including the best player that I've seen in SETX in AJ Dugat.  We're just noting he's awfully inconsistent on passes of 10+ yards.  Are we complaining that we have him...nope.  Do we support our team...yep.  Are we a better team without him...nope.  Can we be fans and still make objective observations...yep.  I just don't think it's too lofty to expect your QB to not overthrow a receiver who's 10 yards past the nearest defender especially if he's the "best" in SETX.  Bet I cheer just as loudly when he scores a touchdown as anyone else.

Please, don't get me wrong I am not questioning your support, I just think he has way more positives than negatives. I think you agree with me on that, perfect "no", very good "yes".

Look at the play on Toup's website and I think you'll see what I mean.  50 or 60 yard td pass in the boxscore...but then you watch the play and see that it was actually a badly thrown ball where AJ had to wait for a good half second and the DB almost makes the play.  He then jukes the next guy so bad he just flat falls down and takes it "to da house."  I'm worried about better teams taking that one the other way.

Look at the play on Toup's website and I think you'll see what I mean.  50 or 60 yard td pass in the boxscore...but then you watch the play and see that it was actually a badly thrown ball where AJ had to wait for a good half second and the DB almost makes the play.  He then jukes the next guy so bad he just flat falls down and takes it "to da house."  I'm worried about better teams taking that one the other way.

I think that the one thing that is failed to be considered is that these kids are just high school kids with lots of room for improvement. I've seen film where Green has thrown some not so great passes, and also in the same film I have seen where he has thrown some right into receivers hands and they have dropped them... Additionally Dugat is a great receiver, but I see after reading these comments that there seems to be some reason that Dugat and Green can't both be the best in SETX, just at what they do. I mean in the papers it doesn't make it seem like one is better than the other, they are just a lethal combo.. am I missing something else? Like was someone else supposed to be QB instead of Green? I think I might be misunderstanding what is really going on in Dayton.. Can anyone give me a little more insight?

Not quite sure I understand your comment/question about more insight. Theres nothing going on in Dayton but some great football. Watching Green and Dugat is special treat for Dayton fans. There won't be a combo like that for a long time. There will be other good individual players come along, but such a dangerous duo only happens once in a blue moon. When you see them on the field, they stand out like men amongst boys.

With all that said, there are a few of us (bronco faithful) that simply observed a few things about the Dayton downfield passing attack that could use some slight improvement. Does this mean we're being critical?  NO  Does this mean we're ragging on Cody?  NO  Could it mean that we're just fans that observe and conclude our own harmless opinions?  :o

I think that the one thing that is failed to be considered is that these kids are just high school kids with lots of room for improvement. I've seen film where Green has thrown some not so great passes, and also in the same film I have seen where he has thrown some right into receivers hands and they have dropped them... Additionally Dugat is a great receiver, but I see after reading these comments that there seems to be some reason that Dugat and Green can't both be the best in SETX, just at what they do. I mean in the papers it doesn't make it seem like one is better than the other, they are just a lethal combo.. am I missing something else? Like was someone else supposed to be QB instead of Green? I think I might be misunderstanding what is really going on in Dayton.. Can anyone give me a little more insight?

Nothing is going on... Just fans making comments and conversation about who, what, when where and how. None of it means anything.

If a team loses 30 seniors from a real good team in last years graduation,shows they still have some young talent,a great program,real good coaching but as far as the ring thing that is not going to happen this year.Sorry but if a team can't throw they are not gonna go to the big show.There are plenty of real good teams that will stuff the running game.Credit ya'll did beat Dayton last year early but who almost went all the way?Well this years Broncos are better,bigger,faster,smarter than last years team.Stats say on offense 3,393 tot.yds.w/45 tds.That is more than Lumberton/Livingston offense totals together.Defense pretty tough too allowing avg.of 11 points per game over the last 4- allowed a mere 15 points per game so far for the year.As for some of the threads about Lumberton beating Dayton 1 out of 2 games(Better check the history books about all the previous thumpings the Broncos put on Lumberton-I cannot remember but 1(8-7 loss) last year at Lumberton.When you get to where teams like WOS-PNG-NED-Newton-Kirbyville-Jasper-Westbrook-Dayton-LaMarque-BayCity-El Campo-Katy-Northshore & others to name a few then you can stand tall and say Hey We Are Good and people BELEIVE WHAT THEY HEAR.All those teams mentioned have earned their Smack talk for a bunch of years and still most of them are there nearly every year.Same senario in all team sports.Individual sports where it's you against the whole field-now that's real talent because you did it without nobody's help.

If a team loses 30 seniors from a real good team in last years graduation,shows they still have some young talent,a great program,real good coaching but as far as the ring thing that is not going to happen this year.Sorry but if a team can't throw they are not gonna go to the big show.There are plenty of real good teams that will stuff the running game.Credit ya'll did beat Dayton last year early but who almost went all the way?Well this years Broncos are better,bigger,faster,smarter than last years team.Stats say on offense 3,393 tot.yds.w/45 tds.That is more than Lumberton/Livingston offense totals together.Defense pretty tough too allowing avg.of 11 points per game over the last 4- allowed a mere 15 points per game so far for the year.As for some of the threads about Lumberton beating Dayton 1 out of 2 games(Better check the history books about all the previous thumpings the Broncos put on Lumberton-I cannot remember but 1(8-7 loss) last year at Lumberton.When you get to where teams like WOS-PNG-NED-Newton-Kirbyville-Jasper-Westbrook-Dayton-LaMarque-BayCity-El Campo-Katy-Northshore & others to name a few then you can stand tall and say Hey We Are Good and people BELEIVE WHAT THEY HEAR.All those teams mentioned have earned their Smack talk for a bunch of years and still most of them are there nearly every year.Same senario in all team sports.Individual sports where it's you against the whole field-now that's real talent because you did it without nobody's help.

The building process has to start somewhere. WE HAVE STARTED THE BUILDING PROCESS.

Yeah well, you worry too much.  Your criticisms of a high school quarterback are over the top.  I am not sure what more you want from a kid, but he is doing a great job. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder