Who Will Get Dayton In The First Round? L Train Or Livingston?

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

Who Will Get Dayton In The First Round?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Get Dayton In The First Round?

• Lumberton
    • Livingston

I didn't mean the coaching staff wasn't doing a great job. Any staff that can take a small (size) team and do what they've done to other teams deserves alot of credit. They also seem to have a knack of improving the team dramatically throughout the season. Last year it was the offense mainly. (After the Lumberton game) This year the defense has become down right nasty in the last few games.

I just thought that they would keep him in the pocket more and really refine their passing attack. The big O line is un believable! I don't remember a sack so far this year. If they want him to run, let him run from the pocket...scramble style. That way maybe he can get outside or have a little more open field. Don't run him off tackle. How many times have you seen him get cut down this year and you were thinking...man, is he gonna get up? He's tall and lanky, not the body style for hard nose running up the middle. The perfect body style and arm strength for drop back passing. They've got 4 excellent receivers. Why not use them more? Maybe ala Texas Tech.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you hit it right on the head hawkeye.  The precision of the LT passing attack was beauty in motion.  It's not the necessarily the coaching staff's fault or anyone's fault but when you see something that amazing you just hope the home team can deliver that same efficiency.  It's not as if those receivers were running free all over the field...the coverage was actually pretty good...the offensive execution was just better.  The athletes on that side of the field were not any better and I'd venture to say player for player were not as good.  Teamwise however, they were far greater than the some of the parts.  Crisp routes, great timing, good blocking (and a tad of holding:), great catches.  Just hadn't ever seen anything like that in High School.

Dakarai was awesome no doubt, and he was playing with a hernia all season in 98.  Don't forget about the man Calvin Davis, that kid was sick.  One more that we never really got to see, and was on his way to being a phenom, was Lloyd Ligons.  Lloyd was a giant like Cody and he had a cannon.  I don't know much about the qb's before Coach Stewart came but I know they had a few awesome qb's then to. 

Got it...number 8 from 1991 was, interestingly, Simone Pearson...guess it runs in the family huh?

Lumberton was a better team last year.Anytime a team loses 30 seniors they will have alot of young players to fill spots vacated by graduation.They have a good young team this year but experience in big pressure games will be the X factor.Just be realistic,if you don't throw the ball with zip & accuracy the playoff road will be short.

Dakarai was awesome no doubt, and he was playing with a hernia all season in 98.  Don't forget about the man Calvin Davis, that kid was sick.  One more that we never really got to see, and was on his way to being a phenom, was Lloyd Ligons.  Lloyd was a giant like Cody and he had a cannon.  I don't know much about the qb's before Coach Stewart came but I know they had a few awesome qb's then to. 

Got it...number 8 from 1991 was, interestingly, Simone Pearson...guess it runs in the family huh?

oh yeah... and #11 was Curtis Trousdale

still... besides the last 4 or 5 years. has dayton ever really been in this much of a passing offense?

Lumberton was a better team last year.Anytime a team loses 30 seniors they will have alot of young players to fill spots vacated by graduation.They have a good young team this year but experience in big pressure games will be the X factor.Just be realistic,if you don't throw the ball with zip & accuracy the playoff road will be short.

At the end of the season, Dayton would have smacked Lumberton.

It wouldn't have been close.

They played the game and you lost, Let it go

Back to the original question:

Who Will Get Dayton In The First Round? L Train Or Livingston?

Division I

Central (1) vs North Forest (2)

Nederland (2) vs C.E. King (1)

Division II

Lumberton (1) vs Crosby (2)

Livingston (2) vs Dayton (1)

thanks... i just couldn't stop! :)

She was referring to the end of the season.

Did Lumberton beat Waller?

Did Lumberton beat PN-G?

NO!

For you idiots on this board...

DAYTON WHACKED BOTH THOSE TEAMS!

Hawkeye go look at Toups Graphics highlights.  Cody does everything from the pocket.  I'm not sure you are paying attention.  And If the blocking is there why can't he run off tackle...Its a spread offense!!  I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I'm entitled to disagree with yours.  Its all good though because we are BOTH still supporting the BRONCS all the way...just one game farther this year  ;)

Yea I'm hip to Toups Graphics. I probably watch them too much! When I'm bored I'll go back and watch that Waller clip just to get the juices flowing. Great job Toups, keep em coming.

Your right, he does a lot from the pocket. It's just that he's got all the time in the world back there and I would love to see him sit back there and pick teams apart with 10 yd curld, quick slants, timed out patterns. We're gonna see some teams that will shut the run down. But if it's there I guess you gotta take it.

And yes it is all good!! Gonna get better too!!!

Good points BMF and Hawkeye...let's just hope that he continues to improve because overall he did look better against King then he has all year...minus the first two plays from scrimmage.  I like the kid, I'm just not quite "drinking the Kool-Aid" quite yet...I think BMF might actually be making the Kool-Aid ;)!

Did Lumberton beat PN-G?

NO!

Did Lumberton beat Waller? No

Did Lumberton beat PN-G? No

Did Lumberton beat Dayton? Yes  What is wrong with you Dayton Fans ( not all ) all the whining and excuses will not change the fact you lost that game, it's like you think if get on here and brag about how great you team is / was someone will go back and change that score. AIN'T HAPPENING. Give the team credit they beat you.

P.S. Not sure why you are calling people an Idiot just because Dayton Whacked some other teams

Did Lumberton beat PN-G?

NO!

Did Lumberton beat Dayton? Yes  What is wrong with you Dayton Fans ( not all ) all the whining and excuses will not change the fact you lost that game, it's like you think if get on here and brag about how great you team is / was someone will go back and change that score. AIN'T HAPPENING. Give the team credit they beat you.

P.S. Not sure why you are calling people an Idiot just because Dayton Whacked some other teams

since we are going back in the past

did dayton beat lumberton 55-7 two years ago yes

has dayton made the playoffs 13 years in a row yes

has dayton beat lumberton 3 out of the 4 times they have played in the stewart era yes

did dayton go futher in the playoffs last year yes

did dayton go 13-1 and out score there opponents by an average score of 45 to 5 in the great 204a district the last two years yes

did dayton wax lumberton in the first half of the scrimmage this year when the starters were in yes

and yes i know yall won 8-7 last year.  we won 55-7 two years ago

The point is that we got to hear about it ALL YEAR LAST YEAR from the L-Train fans.  You eeked out a 1 point victory against a team starting their top wide receiver at QB and then proceeded to talk trash until your untimely defeat at the hands of Waller.  It's called a revenge game and we can't wait to get it.

I can't speak for the other Dayton Fans but for me it was just a game that kinda sticks in yer craw a bit. Mainly because we all know the Broncos would have wiped the field with them later in the season. Losing to lake travis didn't bother me near as bad. losing to friendswood didn't bother me. Those were teams that were better than us.

But hey, the Lumberton fans are right. They won. We (Broncos) need to move on. And I think we will.........as soon as we get that sweet revenge!!!

I can't speak for the other Dayton Fans but for me it was just a game that kinda sticks in yer craw a bit. Mainly because we all know the Broncos would have wiped the field with them later in the season. Losing to lake travis didn't bother me near as bad. losing to friendswood didn't bother me. Those were teams that were better than us.

But hey, the Lumberton fans are right. They won. We (Broncos) need to move on. And I think we will.........as soon as we get that sweet revenge!!!

Yea I get the revenge thing and I guess im a little bias ( I like pulling for the little guy ) , but I would think you would get more enjoyment from beating a team like Lake Travis or Friendswood teams that in your words were better than you than a team like lumberton who I think we can agree ( most of us )has much less talent and you should never lose to, but hey to each his own.

I understand rooting for the underdog. I think that's only natural when you don't have a real stake in either team . I was glad to see Texas Tech win. Sure we would love to take down Lake Travis. Who knows, maybe we'll get another chance down the road. As far as enjoyment goes, the higher the stakes the higher the enjoyment is for me personally. So if we do somehow meet up with lumberton in bi-district and happen to win, it'll be nice but won't top the charts. Now if we somehow meet for the regional game and happen to win.....that would be sweet ;D

Friendswood never sticks in the craw because it's not a district game.  Of course I'd like to see them every game but I'd rather see them try new things and work out the kinks prior to district.  Plus, Friendswood throws everything at you...play action, flea flickers, reverse...they're a good prep game.  They always seem to have our number in early season action as well.  Lake Travis would have been great to beat but since we'd never been that far, I think there was some "deer in the headlights" involved.  I would have liked to play them again because it should have been a much closer game that could have gone either way.  Call me crazy, but we'd rather beat the teams closer to home that we play (at the time) every year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder