WO-S & HJ GAME

skipper

mustangs opened the sand lot football play book lastnight at HJ  some worked some did not. wo-s needs WORK BAD BAD on there blocking skills  yes i will say it agan blocking skills wow i feel sure garrett would love to see that. if wo-s expect to go deep in the playoffs and maybe the dream of becoming state champs,i would think i would be in the film room looking back and see if i could fix the weak link on the stinds offense line ,better hurry this up the clock is ticking.  PS the  mustangs DEFENSE is a very smart bunch of kids and STILL getting better each game thay play ,i dont belive HJ had over 4 first downs in the game lastnight    NOW TELL ME I AM NUTS just the wall i see it at this point

Skip.. I know you and a few others have been complaining about the offensive line blocking and rightfully so. But have you ever thought that maybe the kids on the line are doing their best and they are just not as good as some of the o lines before? When you lose someone like Matherne from last year that the stangs would run and run and run behind, it is hard to replace that. The line is smallish this year and they are trying harder than you may think, they just do not have the mass to move people. I expect to see more of the short passing game used like runs to maybe free up the running game some.

Guest Dirk Diggler

Nope! And what i saw last night the bombs continue on 3rd and 10. THROW THE DAM BALL IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD. Teams are stacking the box so when they do that throw the short pass more and keep them off balance.

89 yards----------------89 yards-----------------89 yards  OMG this is looking to become a  (SHORT) playoff run this year dont u agree. yes teams the last 3 weeks have loaded the box ,but what the heck do we know as fans know  we just pay to watch the game and see what others refuse to see

it dont help cuz in 06 u had all 5 lineman play each and every game together and they knew who and what each other could do... last year all 5 stayed and played.. now you have both guards goin in every 3 plays and 2 guards comin out.. that really messes up an offensive line because you know what one can do then someone else goes in and its not the person you was expecting... that can take a toll on the players with 2 new guards every 3 plays... if they keep the starting 5 out there they would do better... the line played good last night and the only times they had a bad time was when hj basically blitzed all 11 guys and wos couldnt pick ALL of them up and Hypo just needs to tuck the ball and run... it killed the 'Stangs in 05 against Wimberley... they should be fine but I think that they need to find just a starting 5 and stick with them

Guest wos grad

Tell them Boys to get it together on that Offensive Line. From here on out teams are going to stack the box, just keep them Defenses off balance and throw more short passes on 1st down.

I keep reading ... throw more on first down.. geez  with the scores of the games why throw more on first down??? run the clock keep it moving get the win get no one hurt. BTW WOS threw 7 times on first down and ran 16 times. they completed 6 of those throws. I do not think that is so bad when you figure in what went on in the game. Field position has alot to do and if I posted what yard line most of the 1st downs came on you would see they were in HJ territory a bunch. Now I am not gonna post all my computer stat stuff I keep because to many teams down the line could use it as scouting. They will have to work to get what my little ole puter spits out.

In my opinion, play calling was not an issue on Friday. Like Ump said, we threw the ball enough on 1st down to keep the defense off balance. We threw short, middle and deep routes. We just didn't run the ball very well. Our line is going to have to step it up over the next couple of weeks. As for those talking about all of the "trick" plays. That's what the spread is about, getting the ball into the hands of your play makers, however that may be. That's what we did and they made plays.

To the lineman that doesn't like the rotation. Make yourself a player that has to be on the field all of the time. Don't wait for coach to let you on the field, make yourself someone he can't afford to have off of it. I promise, if you rise above the rest, he will not have a choice but to leave you in. Quit waiting to be handed something and go out and take it... If just one of you will take this mentality on the field, the rest of the line will follow suit and 85 yard rushing games will turn into 285.    ;)

89 yards----------------89 yards-----------------89 yards  OMG this is looking to become a  (SHORT) playoff run this year dont u agree. yes teams the last 3 weeks have loaded the box ,but what the heck do we know as fans know  we just pay to watch the game and see what others refuse to see

Maybe,just maybe, HJ is pretty good against the run.  Not trying to give them credit or anything, but the ALLMIGHTY stangs were held under 100 yards rushing by the HAWKS>Playoff

Bound BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Don't be so hard on the Mustangs, I tried to tell you last week that there was no way they would score 66 points on this Hawk defense. The Mustangs still rolled and they still looked good. I think they will be fine in the playoffs and trust me as long as I have known Dan Ray he will have them boys ready. Besides Defense wins games and the Mustangs are not lacking on Defense.

Guest tigersvoice

Maybe,just maybe, HJ is pretty good against the run.  Not trying to give them credit or anything, but the ALLMIGHTY stangs were held under 100 yards rushing by the HAWKS>Playoff

Bound BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It's great to find solace in a 40 - 0 loss.  Better be finding something to stop Cleveland.  Oh yeah, the Hawks are better now than at the beginning of the season.  But Cleveland isn't, right?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83