Lumberton's thoughts on Indian Stadium

pngrick

PNG wouldn't allow the raiderettes to perform their oil derek routine at halftime because  they claimed it would mess up the turf. I think they assumed they were going to drill for oil at the 50.

really?

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Who is number ninety for Lumberton? Big boy and are any of your players get looked at? BTW great pictures.

Mark Murill is #90..he had 3 sacks in first half alone.

Who is number ninety for Lumberton? Big boy and are any of your players get looked at? BTW great pictures.

Going anyhwere?

For this area it is a nice facility. Definitely a upgrade from the '70s version PNG had before.

Not downing PNGs facilities but if any of you ever get a chance to drive around the Dallas area check out some of their High School stadiums. THEY ARE AMAZING!!!

You can't compare a major city like Dallas to relatively small towns like we  live in when it comes to funding for school district projects/facilities.

For towns/cities the size of ours the new Rez is TOP NOTCH!!  Gotta compare apples to apples.

I thought the announcer was kinda wacky and senile, and spoke in a mono-tone vocie. However, your facilities were outstanding. You are the envy of 20-4A.

LUMBERTONS announcer is just a flammin IDIOT!!!!!

And we are GLAD to have him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the announcer was kinda wacky and senile, and spoke in a mono-tone vocie. However, your facilities were outstanding. You are the envy of 20-4A.

I thought PNG's announcer sounded alot like Marcus Bowman, Lumberton's announcer for so many years. He did make a few glaring mistakes, wrong downs, saying the quarter was over with over 5 minutes left, etc. Only way to correct that might be to give him an assistant to pass on information. As far as Lumberton's announcer, there are alot of things he could do differently, like not copy other schools catch phrases ( another Raider "first down"), he still seems inexperienced to me, although I think he has been here 3 or 4 years.

I thought PNG's announcer sounded alot like Marcus Bowman, Lumberton's announcer for so many years. He did make a few glaring mistakes, wrong downs, saying the quarter was over with over 5 minutes left, etc. Only way to correct that might be to give him an assistant to pass on information. As far as Lumberton's announcer, there are alot of things he could do differently, like not copy other schools catch phrases ( another Raider "first down"), he still seems inexperienced to me, although I think he has been here 3 or 4 years.

The announcer's job these days is more than just naming what player is on the play and keeping the crowd up with what down, half, quarter, etc.  He's also there to help keep the crowd motivated.  Our announcer handles all of it quite well, far better than Bowman ever did.  That man was dry and boring.  As far as "copying" other schools, they all have borrow everything from someone else.  Do you think L-train is original or Raidernation?  There are other trains and other nations and cheerleaders do the same cheers and all kinds of stuff. 

As far as the announcers on the internet thing ... they are obviously raider-based and obviously amateur.  Those guys, I could do without.  I'd rather not listen, when I can't make the game, than listen to them.  I can't even understand them most of the time and it's not because of a bad connection or whatever.  It's because they have poor enunciation and diction and it really grates on my nerves.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Going anyhwere?

I'm not sure at this point...haven't heard anything. I know he's a big boy, plays hard, and I hear he is very smart in the classroom.

Jacob Hanna, Kyle Gilliam, Anthony Beard, Hunter Howden are the names that colleges are looking at, I know for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if Mark Murill received some college attention for his play this year. He's a good player.

He's about as bias as the guys you'll are complaining about from setxsports.

i thought the stadium was a very nice upgrade from any other local schools. the only thing i thing that shouldve been different was the PNG on the 50 yard line... i think they shouldve went with an the indian head or at least put the spear through the letters like on the helmets.. it just seemed a little plain but it was a nice field in general i love the turf fields though hopefully that pressbox will be finished soon also as far as the game goes png gave lumberton a run for thier money

The stands were a lilttle empty compared to usual. But I think a couple of things contributed to that.

1. The recent losses.

2. Pecan Festival in Groves.

The home stands were packed against Livingston and the stadium actually seats about the same as it did before, they just moved the endzone seats to the home side. I kinda liked the endzone seats myself, but I guess with the new Jumbotron they had to be moved.

Tip Durham has been announcing at PNG for 40+ years. He actually usually does a great job and sounds very profesional. He was a little off Friday night though, I will admit. I guess it happens once in a while. Bob Sheppard is not flamboyant either, but he is the most recognized announcer in all of sports!

Lumberton's announcer was yelling into the mic at halftime. Not necessary with our new sound system. We were deaf before the bands played  ;D. I hope someone explains to the Central announcer that he doesn't have to be loud like you have to at most SETx stadiums before teh next home game. Can't wait for that Jaguar halftime! Always entertaining.

The stands were a lilttle empty compared to usual. But I think a couple of things contributed to that.

1. The recent losses.

2. Pecan Festival in Groves.

The home stands were packed against Livingston and the stadium actually seats about the same as it did before, they just moved the endzone seats to the home side. I kinda liked the endzone seats myself, but I guess with the new Jumbotron they had to be moved.

Tip Durham has been announcing at PNG for 40+ years. He actually usually does a great job and sounds very profesional. He was a little off Friday night though, I will admit. I guess it happens once in a while. Bob Sheppard is not flamboyant either, but he is the most recognized announcer in all of sports!

Lumberton's announcer was yelling into the mic at halftime. Not necessary with our new sound system. We were deaf before the bands played  ;D. I hope someone explains to the Central announcer that he doesn't have to be loud like you have to at most SETx stadiums before teh next home game. Can't wait for that Jaguar halftime! Always entertaining.

I watched the Livingston game on tv and the stands were packed in the middle but both ends were pretty sparse.

you werent deaf... lumbertons band is just that quiet  ;D jk

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder