*PN-G vs. Lumberton Updates*/RAIDERS WIN IN OT!!!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lumberton fans get used to High School Referees. I have seen these type of games help us and beat us. These are High School Refs , this is not their full time job. A tip for you in the playoffs, do not expect any calls, refs in the playoffs tend to let the teams play and do not call many penalties which is what I seen last night. There was holding on just about every play on both sides. That being said, I love how physical the Raider team played, reminds me of our better years when we rolled over people. Good luck in the playoffs.

I'm not much of a trash talker, and I don't really see a reason to be after such a great game by both teams last night, but:

vidorpirate, you post that 27-12 score like Lumberton is your Super Bowl..  How about the Pirates just worry about making the playoffs?

Also, to anyone that wants to talk down about Lumberton fans..  Outside of PNG, Nederland and maybe a couple others, everyone else around Southeast Texas could only wish they had fans like Lumberton's.  No matter where the Raiders play, their side is always completely full.

I'm not much of a trash talker, and I don't really see a reason to be after such a great game by both teams last night, but:

vidorpirate, you post that 27-12 score like Lumberton is your Super Bowl..  How about the Pirates just worry about making the playoffs?

Also, to anyone that wants to talk down about Lumberton fans..  Outside of PNG, Nederland and maybe a couple others, everyone else around Southeast Texas could only wish they had fans like Lumberton's.  No matter where the Raiders play, their side is always completely full.

Yep---Lumberton is fan-freakin-tastic

Winning puts people in the stands no matter what school your from, losing does the opposite, just remember a few years back.

Well when I was in school which was not very long ago. Everytime we BEAT Lumberton which was every year there was no fans to be seen or heard of on the Lumberton side whether it was in Lumberton or Vidor. That being said the referees in EVERY level of football are terrible this year. I really can't speak for Peewee cause I havent watched that in MANY years..

There are many things that I want to say about these refs and the garbage that I seen tonight, but if I say them I will be kicked off of this site, so I'm not. PNG players and fans, this has nothing to do with U as yall played really hard tonight and gave us all we could handle, yall are great, but my blood was boiling from the incompetence, biased, anti-lumberton garbage that I seen tonight. PATHETIC!!! I know this cr*p goes on so don't tell me it doesn't. For all of U people that are calling Lumberton crybabies and saying the refs are fine and the announcers are biased, etc. If U weren't at the game, U have no room to talk. U weren't there, U didn't see it. For all of U so-called Lumberton fans talking about these biased announcers making a big deal out of nothing and Lumberton fans whining and yelling at the refs, etc. If U weren't there, U have no room to talk about something U don't know about. Go join the other side and be RAIDER HATERS like the rest of them, because U act just like them.

Do you realize IDIOTS like yourself are the reason there are so many so-called "raider haters"? Posting garbage like this is why people on here have a problem with Lumberton.

Listen up Bucko, U can sit behind your little pc monitor and run your mouth and call me an IDIOT but I bet if U were in my face U would not be saying these things. I will say exactly what I want to say and I really don't care what U or any other Lumberton HATER thinks about me. I was at the game, U were not, so U don't know what U are talking about. You just get on here and take a shot at Lumberton every little chance U get and thats the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. The REFS were garbage and that is all there is to it. If U don't like it or like what I have to say, I really don't give a ....Let me tell U something bucky, I'm no IDIOT. Just because U don't like what I have to say, doesn't mean U say that. Like I said, Say it to face, not behind a pc screen. I actually have a college degree which is probably more than U have...I'm no fool.

I think you just proved Bucs point

You're from Dayton...that's all I have to say about that. I would expect this from U, no surprise

stop crying I am sure the refs were cheating, PNG probably played grown men, I am sure everyone was cheating poor lumberton

Well when I was in school which was not very long ago. Everytime we BEAT Lumberton which was every year there was no fans to be seen or heard of on the Lumberton side whether it was in Lumberton or Vidor. That being said the referees in EVERY level of football are terrible this year. I really can't speak for Peewee cause I havent watched that in MANY years..

Apparetly you wore blinders when you were in school PF, I've lived nearly my whole life in Lumberton, since before it was Lumberton, in my memory L-Town has always had a great fan base, winning or losing, the stands were always full or at least near full.

Apparetly you wore blinders when you were in school PF, I've lived nearly my whole life in Lumberton, since before it was Lumberton, in my memory L-Town has always had a great fan base, winning or losing, the stands were always full or at least near full.

Ahh now I remember we usually played Lumberton the end of the year that explains the not so fullness of the stands. When you begin the season you may have full stands but when your 2-7 going into the last game  no one will show up...

Congrats to Lumberton, but talking about tacky with fans, I was standing at Merriman and Avenue C when a car load of Lumberton fans drove by me and hung thier heads out of the window saying "How does it feel? How does it feel?" and laughing. I laughed later about it, but come on guys it's all in good fun, but dang do you have to go as far as to yell at people.

There are many things that I want to say about these refs and the garbage that I seen tonight, but if I say them I will be kicked off of this site, so I'm not. PNG players and fans, this has nothing to do with U as yall played really hard tonight and gave us all we could handle, yall are great, but my blood was boiling from the incompetence, biased, anti-lumberton garbage that I seen tonight. PATHETIC!!! I know this cr*p goes on so don't tell me it doesn't. For all of U people that are calling Lumberton crybabies and saying the refs are fine and the announcers are biased, etc. If U weren't at the game, U have no room to talk. U weren't there, U didn't see it. For all of U so-called Lumberton fans talking about these biased announcers making a big deal out of nothing and Lumberton fans whining and yelling at the refs, etc. If U weren't there, U have no room to talk about something U don't know about. Go join the other side and be RAIDER HATERS like the rest of them, because U act just like them.

Do you realize IDIOTS like yourself are the reason there are so many so-called "raider haters"? Posting garbage like this is why people on here have a problem with Lumberton.

Listen up Bucko, U can sit behind your little pc monitor and run your mouth and call me an IDIOT but I bet if U were in my face U would not be saying these things. I will say exactly what I want to say and I really don't care what U or any other Lumberton HATER thinks about me. I was at the game, U were not, so U don't know what U are talking about. You just get on here and take a shot at Lumberton every little chance U get and thats the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. The REFS were garbage and that is all there is to it. If U don't like it or like what I have to say, I really don't give a ....Let me tell U something bucky, I'm no IDIOT. Just because U don't like what I have to say, doesn't mean U say that. Like I said, Say it to face, not behind a pc screen. I actually have a college degree which is probably more than U have...I'm no fool.

U, I am from Lumberton, grew up here, went to school here and now my kids are in school here.  I have to say that your attitude offends even me, and I am far from a "Raider Hater".  It's people like you that give the rest of us a bad name and honestly, nothing would please me more than for you to shut your yap.  You're an embarrassment.

Regarding poor officiating;  it's part of the game.  I can remember very recently, a team Lumberton had defeated posting their whines and moans about "bad officials" on another board, and people jumped all over them for being exhibiting poor sportsmanlike behavior.  That team was LaMarque and it was just last season.  It isn't any more becoming on a Lumberton fan than it was on the LaMarque fans and even less so, as Lumberton won the game. 

The kids won and that's what's important.  Not complaining about the officials, not rubbing people's nose in it, not being a complete and utter jerk.

Grow up and show some class for heaven's sake.  The folks from PNG that have posted here are showing more grace, class and sportsmanship than anyone.  Good on them and thanks to them for being so.  Take a hint from them, U.

Congrats to Lumberton, but talking about tacky with fans, I was standing at Merriman and Avenue C when a car load of Lumberton fans drove by me and hung thier heads out of the window saying "How does it feel? How does it feel?" and laughing. I laughed later about it, but come on guys it's all in good fun, but dang do you have to go as far as to yell at people.

Just goes with the game.  Last year my wife and I along with my 9yr old and 3yr old were leaving the Lumberton PNG game (streets/neighborhood behind stadium) and a truck drove by us yelling at us and shooting us the finger.  Just had to use it as a teaching experience for my 9yr old, blow it off, and take the loss.

Hey U...

I may be the "whiner" who started this whole argument about the refs, etc...I live in Lumberton and I am a Lumberton fan. That doesn't mean I have to jump on the "Excuse Bandwagon" every time something doesn't go the Raiders way...Refs make bad calls but they MAKE THEM ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL...Sometimes Lumberton gets away with it and sometimes the other team does...

As for being a Raider Hater, etc....I'm far from it. And, as for the college degree. You're not the only one on here who has one but unless that degree is in Sports Management/Kinesiology (coaching, etc.) then it really doesn't amount to a hill of beans on this forum...If it's in Business Management, MSNBC has a cool forum for that...If it's in History, I'd try the History Channel...Sure there's a forum there that applies as well...the list keeps going.

Go Raiders!!!

U, I am from Lumberton, grew up here, went to school here and now my kids are in school here.  I have to say that your attitude offends even me, and I am far from a "Raider Hater".  It's people like you that give the rest of us a bad name and honestly, nothing would please me more than for you to shut your yap.  You're an embarrassment.

Regarding poor officiating;  it's part of the game.  I can remember very recently, a team Lumberton had defeated posting their whines and moans about "bad officials" on another board, and people jumped all over them for being exhibiting poor sportsmanlike behavior.  That team was LaMarque and it was just last season.  It isn't any more becoming on a Lumberton fan than it was on the LaMarque fans and even less so, as Lumberton won the game. 

The kids won and that's what's important.  Not complaining about the officials, not rubbing people's nose in it, not being a complete and utter jerk.

Grow up and show some class for heaven's sake.  The folks from PNG that have posted here are showing more grace, class and sportsmanship than anyone.  Good on them and thanks to them for being so.  Take a hint from them, U.

Good post Raider 81

that is the 1st time i have posted that score by the way

and sorry, our fans dominate lumbertons

lumbertons fanbase started last year

ours has always been there

ask any other team in district

expecially nederland and png

sure, we used to get the crap kicked outta us, but the fans were always there supporting the team

maybe you should just stick to basketball :-)

thank you

finally someone from lumbertom steps forward and says enough :-)

Hey dumb@$$ I was at the game and pretty sure your education is irrelevant to  this conversation.

The raiders played a great game!! im a little dissapointed in PNG though  :-[. when Beard was hurt their was a couple of PNG players who refused to take a knee. thats very disrespectful.I applaud the players who actually took a knee but the coaches need to teach their boys manners. PNG was a very tough team to beat! (with the refs on their side  >:( ) Good game PNG!

Lets hope PNG takes this loss with good sportsmanship and say we played a great game!

Raiders are on the track to playoffs baby!

WHOOP WHOOP

I agree, its about as classless as one of Lumbertons coaches running over and swinging a towel in front of the PNG boys on the sidelines following the game. Someone needs to teach your coaches manners.

Peace dude!

i didnt see that  :D

the whole stands seen how didrespectful your boys were though drinking water and taunting our fans when beard was hurt...

you ALWAYS take a knee.

take your loss with sportsmanship DUDE

Well, I was at the game with my wife and two daughters, both younger than 11 and my 13 year old son. After the game we were walking back to our vehicle in the parking lot, and I struck up a conversation with a Lumberton fan. We were doing great talking about the game and I was wishing him good luck in the playoffs and hoped they go deep. When several lumberton fans walked by and started talking crap and saying profanities towards me and calling this lumberton fan a traitor for talking with a PNG fan. I told my wife to get into the Tahoe with the girls. I approached these unruly fans and told them that they needed to be more respectful of all the other people around and to stop the cussing. They told me f @#* off. Then they told me to shut the hell up or they would kick my AS@ ! like the football team kicked PNG's. Now I'm 6'2" and about 250. I just looked at them and laughed and told them to grow up and be real men ! The lumberton fan began to immediately apologize for them. I told him not to worry that I know some fans are truly terrible and that I know lumberton has a great fan  following. As far as the game. PNG was doing well in the first half with its passing game. Come the second half we throw the ball, what 3 or 4 times. I think the problem is not Burnett overall, but the OC for PNG. Why run the ball up the middle when its stopped everytime. DeRon and Segura were open alot all night. With DeRon's height they could have lobbed a pass to him all night and I bet he would have come up with 75% of them. I don't know, I think the OC is just ridiculous.

The PNG D did a great job, they were prepared more for this game than any other game so far this year. Great job PNG D !!! 

Good Job Lumberton, I will be pulling for you in the playoffs. Made the LaMarque game last year and I plan on trying to attend as many local teams playoff games as possible. I may not wear you teams shirt(s) but I do wear a PNG shirt just so you will see the area support for all the local teams. I think our district has a very good shot at going very deep this year !!!

Just goes with the game.  Last year my wife and I along with my 9yr old and 3yr old were leaving the Lumberton PNG game (streets/neighborhood behind stadium) and a truck drove by us yelling at us and shooting us the finger.  Just had to use it as a teaching experience for my 9yr old, blow it off, and take the loss.

Theres idiots everywhere and we have our share here in PNG. I apoligize for the actions of some, but overall we have good people here in PNG but there are the bad eggs in the carton.

Well, I was at the game with my wife and two daughters, both younger than 11 and my 13 year old son. After the game we were walking back to our vehicle in the parking lot, and I struck up a conversation with a Lumberton fan. We were doing great talking about the game and I was wishing him good luck in the playoffs and hoped they go deep. When several lumberton fans walked by and started talking crap and saying profanities towards me and calling this lumberton fan a traitor for talking with a PNG fan. I told my wife to get into the Tahoe with the girls. I approached these unruly fans and told them that they needed to be more respectful of all the other people around and to stop the cussing. They told me f @#* off. Then they told me to shut the heck up or they would kick my AS@ ! like the football team kicked PNG's. Now I'm 6'2" and about 250. I just looked at them and laughed and told them to grow up and be real men ! The lumberton fan began to immediately apologize for them. I told him not to worry that I know some fans are truly terrible and that I know lumberton has a great fan  following. As far as the game. PNG was doing well in the first half with its passing game. Come the second half we throw the ball, what 3 or 4 times. I think the problem is not Burnett overall, but the OC for PNG. Why run the ball up the middle when its stopped everytime. DeRon and Segura were open alot all night. With DeRon's height they could have lobbed a pass to him all night and I bet he would have come up with 75% of them. I don't know, I think the OC is just ridiculous.

The PNG D did a great job, they were prepared more for this game than any other game so far this year. Great job PNG D !!! 

Good Job Lumberton, I will be pulling for you in the playoffs. Made the LaMarque game last year and I plan on trying to attend as many local teams playoff games as possible. I may not wear you teams shirt(s) but I do wear a PNG shirt just so you will see the area support for all the local teams. I think our district has a very good shot at going very deep this year !!!

I also traveled to all the Lumberton playoff games last year to support them and will do again this yr wearing my purple of course.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476