Who Goes In 20 4A? Top 4!

Guest Luv Ya Blue

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say that Lumberton looks like the front runners ( for now LOL this is 20-4A ) I think maybe Nederland come up suspect tonight after losing to Central not sure how to take that one.... Is Central getting better? or Nederland running into some competition?? Livingston still not sure about them after watching PN-G tonight... Not sure how but LC-M puts 24 on them??? after only scoring 7 against Central and Nederland? Vidor keeps on about the same pace minus the turnovers..... nothing spectacular just getting the job done... so I would have to say right now 20-4a will probably end up like this:

Lumberton

Central

Vidor

Nederland/Livingston

Lumberton has PN-G, LC-M and then Nederland.... Unless PN-G wakes up Ned is only potential problem

Central has Ozen, Livingston and PN-G left and I only see Livingston giving them a battle Beat Vidor, Nederland, LC-M and Lost to Lumberton

Vidor has LC-M, Nederland ( homecoming ) and Livingston with Ned and Livingston being Key games. Beat Lumberton, PN-G Lost to Ozen and Central

Nederland has Livingston, Vidor, Lumberton... Very tough road ahead... Beat PN-G, LC-M, Ozen. Lost to Central

Livingston has Nederland, Central, and Vidor  another tough road ... Beat PN-G, LC-M, Ozen and Lost to Lumberton

Looks like it will probably be a last week of the season before we really know the way the schedule is laid out. 

I would have to say that Lumberton looks like the front runners ( for now LOL this is 20-4A ) I think maybe Nederland come up suspect tonight after losing to Central not sure how to take that one.... Is Central getting better? or Nederland running into some competition?? Livingston still not sure about them after watching PN-G tonight... Not sure how but LC-M puts 24 on them??? after only scoring 7 against Central and Nederland? Vidor keeps on about the same pace minus the turnovers..... nothing spectacular just getting the job done... so I would have to say right now 20-4a will probably end up like this:

Lumberton

Central

Vidor

Nederland/Livingston

Lumberton has PN-G, LC-M and then Nederland.... Unless PN-G wakes up Ned is only potential problem

Central has Ozen, Livingston and PN-G left and I only see Livingston giving them a battle Beat Vidor, Nederland, LC-M and Lost to Lumberton

Vidor has LC-M, Nederland ( homecoming ) and Livingston with Ned and Livingston being Key games. Beat Lumberton, PN-G Lost to Ozen and Central

Nederland has Livingston, Vidor, Lumberton... Very tough road ahead... Beat PN-G, LC-M, Ozen. Lost to Central

Livingston has Nederland, Central, and Vidor  another tough road ... Beat PN-G, LC-M, Ozen and Lost to Lumberton

Looks like it will probably be a last week of the season before we really know the way the schedule is laid out. 

I agree coach, Livingston and nederland APPEAR to have the toughest road followed by Vidor, Central and then Lumberton. However, if we have learned anything the last 4 weeks, we know that we don't really know.

Lumberton

Central

Vidor

Nederland/Livingston

I agree coach, Livingston and Nederland APPEAR to have the toughest road followed by Vidor, Central and then Lumberton. However, if we have learned anything the last 4 weeks, we know that we don't really know.

You are correct sir ( Best Ed McMahon voice ) as they say looks good on paper...

What the Central-Nederland game did was verify what westend1 stated in another thread, that Nederland is one of several mediocre teams in 20-4A that had yet to run into any competition. Central is very mediocre too. They are soft to the run defensively (Sounds weird after a win and a decent game, but Nederland could and probably should have run on them all night, Central could not stop Grogan) and totally and completely 1 dimensional on offense... Pure sandlot football.  What it also confirms is that PNG is downright weak, especially after their loss to Vidor.  I hope Lumberton and Livingston are better than I think they are because they are the only hopes I see at this point of 20-4A being represented beyond the 1st round of the playoffs.

No disrespect to Central but what I saw was a VERY basic 1 dimensional offense. Line up in the wishbone and run right at you. Nederland essentially had 11 men in the box all night. They actually did an ok job of containing the run until Central would lob a grenade downfield and get a cheap 35 yard completion or have blown coverage and give the QB a 25 yard gain from 3rd and 100. Actually Nederlands run defense was not too too bad except on 3rd and long, but the secondary needs some serious coaching help. On the very few pass completions that Central got, all the defender needed to do was look up and swat. Chronic problem continues for Nederlands secondary.

mediocre, mediocre, mediocre.

Top 4

Lumberton

Livingston

Central

Vidor/Nederland

in that order.

Fortunately for 20-4A they are paired up with 19-4A.

Looks like CE King and Dayton will eliminate their opponents, but the remaining two games should be close.

Of the eight teams making the playoffs in both districts, CE King and Dayton are leaps and bounds better than the rest, and in my opinion Lumberton might be the third best of the eight.

The next three weeks in 20-4A will be very exciting for all SETX fans.

Will be interesting to see who gets the four spots.

;D ;D How bout just go 3-0 and not worry with it

Exactly. Vidor fans have got to stop settling with a team trying to barely get in for playoff contention. That will end up with you sitting at home. I think the team should be playing for first place every game, not just for a place.

With the effort I saw out there against PN-G, I think we can go 3-0 from here on out. Control the ball and keep the turnovers practically nil, we can go toe-to-toe with anybody in this district.

What the Central-Nederland game did was verify what westend1 stated in another thread, that Nederland is one of several mediocre teams in 20-4A that had yet to run into any competition. Central is very mediocre too. They are soft to the run defensively (Sounds weird after a win and a decent game, but Nederland could and probably should have run on them all night, Central could not stop Grogan) and totally and completely 1 dimensional on offense... Pure sandlot football.  What it also confirms is that PNG is downright weak, especially after their loss to Vidor.  I hope Lumberton and Livingston are better than I think they are because they are the only hopes I see at this point of 20-4A being represented beyond the 1st round of the playoffs.

No disrespect to Central but what I saw was a VERY basic 1 dimensional offense. Line up in the wishbone and run right at you. Nederland essentially had 11 men in the box all night. They actually did an ok job of containing the run until Central would lob a grenade downfield and get a cheap 35 yard completion or have blown coverage and give the QB a 25 yard gain from 3rd and 100. Actually Nederlands run defense was not too too bad except on 3rd and long, but the secondary needs some serious coaching help. On the very few pass completions that Central got, all the defender needed to do was look up and swat. Chronic problem continues for Nederlands secondary.

Top 4

Lumberton

Livingston

Central

Vidor/Nederland

in that order.

Whatever you say... Remember, all of this and our top athlete/RB was down.  Call it basic if you want, but it moved the chains and it wasn't stopped much.  The passing game was simply to losen the defense up a little.  Then we run again.

Bottom line, just congradulate us.  You're sounding like a hater.

Top 4

Lumberton

Livingston

Central

Vidor/Nederland

in that order.

i'm sorry, but this post makes absolutely no sense at all

you are completely ignorant of 20-4a football

and actually, i'm not sorry, this is one of the stupidest posts i have ever seen on here

Top 4

Lumberton

Livingston

Central

Vidor/Nederland

in that order.

and actually, i'm not sorry, this is one of the stupidest posts i have ever seen on here

lol Pirate, coming from you that really stings buddy.  

Soulja, its honestly not sour grapes at all, I really truly don't hate Central. I would almost rather talk face to face about it than online because its so easy to be misunderstood online. If we talked eye to eye, I know that my comments would come off to you as honest and genuine not sour grapes. I have an opinion about what I saw last night from Nederland and Central, not intended to put Central down or belittle their win. Just an assessment of what I witnessed. I had a feeling that Nederland had not faced a decent opponent and Central was just that to me,,, decent and that was all it took to take them down. This game verified that Nederland is just ok, not great like we Nederland fans were hoping. Reality check, thats all.  :)  

Just figured out.  He's a Nederland fan.  Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Actually I think he's a WB fan, you know those snooty west enders. Just jealous that 5-a can only manage one good contender from the region unlike 4-a. Of course I don't understand that either, shouldn't Memorial have like nine million players to choose from?

Just figured out.  He's a Nederland fan.  Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Actually I think he's a WB fan, you know those snooty west enders. Just jealous that 5-a can only manage one good contender from the region unlike 4-a. Of course I don't understand that either, shouldn't Memorial have like nine million players to choose from?

LMAO  :D    And they still suck  ;)

Top 4

Lumberton

Livingston

Central

Vidor/Nederland

in that order.

Soulja, its honestly not sour grapes at all, I really truly don't hate Central. I would almost rather talk face to face about it than online because its so easy to be misunderstood online. If we talked eye to eye, I know that my comments would come off to you as honest and genuine not sour grapes. I have an opinion about what I saw last night from Nederland and Central, not intended to put Central down or belittle their win. Just an assessment of what I witnessed. I had a feeling that Nederland had not faced a decent opponent and Central was just that to me,,, decent and that was all it took to take them down. This game verified that Nederland is just ok, not great like we Nederland fans were hoping. Reality check, thats all.  :)  

So what you mean to tell me is before this game, Nederland was a great team and their offense is unstoppable, and all other teams in this district sucks.  Now that Nederland have lost, all teams are Mediocre now.  I guess it hurts you that other teams may be better than Nederland.

Top 4

Lumberton

Livingston

Central

Vidor/Nederland

in that order.

So what you mean to tell me is before this game, Nederland was a great team and their offense is unstoppable, and all other teams in this district sucks.  Now that Nederland have lost, all teams are Mediocre now.  I guess it hurts you that other teams may be better than Nederland.

Ok, I'll play.  :)

No, I have definitely never said that Nederland was a great team, at least not this season. I am reasonably certain that I personally never said that their offense was unstoppable this year. Go find somewhere that I said anything of the sort, I am pretty sure I never did.  Again, written word is easily misunderstood because,, I have no problems with other teams being better than Nederland. I have no problem with Nederland losing to great teams, I do hate to see them lose to average teams because it confirms that they are not as great as I hoped. I am sure that you being a pretty astute fan feel the same way about Central when you really think about it. I am pretty sure that the fact that you only beat Vidor by one point brings a shiver down your spine because you know that Central really should be able to beat them more decisively that that if they are a legit playoff contender.

Based on historical experience, results and what I saw last night I think Central is average in the big picture.  I said yesterday before the game was played that I did not think there were any legit contenders in our district INCLUDING Nederland and it was going to probably take a few rounds into the playoffs to get to a legit contender to prove otherwise.  As a matter of fact I was careful to say in all my posts that the jury was still out when questions about Nederlands actual strength were asked. I was hopeful that they were a great team, who isn't hopeful that their team is great on a Statewide contender level? You have to see what I am talking about, you have been around too long.

Just looking at last night and not the big picture I honestly say, kudos and big congrats to Central on a well played game.

So Beating Vidor by 1 point and losing to Lumberton makes us mediocre.  If you remember correctly, one of our best seasons was in 2003 where we got whipped by Ozen (Compare it to the Lumberton loss this year) and we squeeked by Lumberton that year by a score (compare that to the Vidor win).  That year, we went 3 rounds deep. 

Remember, that was called a mediocre team by most of those picking Central to lose every week.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124