newbie to forum; wildcat fan

Guest wildcat58

Guest wildcat58

hello all you southeast texas high school football fans.new to this forum and wait for it............a kirbyville wildcat fan, let me jump in feet first. , back in a district with our favorite cousins those newton eagles, who have grown fat on rainbow stew with not much competition in district save for when corrigan camden was in it ( dang newton you lost to them allready this year) well like the saying goes we are back and come nov 7, 2008 a day that will be talked about by old men whittling on a bench for years, the cats will reign supreme.  Ok i guess that will make me real popular in newton co., probably sweep the electoral votes, lol. i am c.springfield and i approve this message.

seriously for a moment. i am writing from michigan where i am having to work during football season, and i am really thankful for this technology to allow this forum and to let me listen to kirbyville games from 1300 miles away( wish i had some jennys fried chicken)

i will have more to say later, i promise! Good luck to everyone out there who supports their school and our area, hope you win some,(except you dan hooks, ha ha)

Guest LR1969

Guess you haven't seen the newest Massey rankings Wildcat58...Dan Hooks and his WO-S Stangs now sit atop the 3A rankings. Go figure.....Guess it's a good thing those Wildcats didn't make the trip to Orange this year... I guess ole' Dan must've steered Ike this way just to avoid the collision...(ha).

Guest LR1969

Didn't catch that one Kville99...Of course, it makes you question the whole system a little huh? (ha). Heck...maybe Kville is ranked on the 3A poll (ha).

Guest rykerx144

they do have kville ranked 22nd overall in the state which is three places above the almighty WB, and I dont remeber seeing WOS on the list anywhere in the top but I'm sure thats a typo!

The OP here sums it up nicely.

A win by Kirbyville is something for old men to talk about for years.

A win by Newton is..well nothing to talk about at all.

A great friend of mine has this theory that it will be better in the long run if Kirbyville wins.  His theory is that if Kirbyville can win one it will rekindle an actual rivalry.  I dunno, maybe he is right.  I'll have to agree with him that the game MUCH MUCH more important to Kirbyville though.

hello all you southeast texas high school football fans.new to this forum and wait for it............a kirbyville wildcat fan, let me jump in feet first. , back in a district with our favorite cousins those newton eagles, who have grown fat on rainbow stew with not much competition in district save for when corrigan camden was in it ( dang newton you lost to them allready this year) well like the saying goes we are back and come nov 7, 2008 a day that will be talked about by old men whittling on a bench for years, the cats will reign supreme.  Ok i guess that will make me real popular in newton co., probably sweep the electoral votes, lol. i am c.springfield and i approve this message.

seriously for a moment. i am writing from michigan where i am having to work during football season, and i am really thankful for this technology to allow this forum and to let me listen to kirbyville games from 1300 miles away( wish i had some jennys fried chicken)

i will have more to say later, i promise! Good luck to everyone out there who supports their school and our area, hope you win some,(except you dan hooks, ha ha)

Welcome to the board.

You can wish all you want we at WOS will get ours. You can just thank "IKE" that we didn't get a couple more.  ;D

Guest wildcat58

hotrodg...........your right there has been no rivalry for 15-20 years because of uil realignment and such but i for one am happy to see us in the same district again,yes these are the kind of games old men like myself talk about for years because they are what makes high school football great. you make my point for me, if you win no big deal same o same o another district champ. and another exit in second round esp. if marlin is involved, that is the apathy that continued success brings. now when kville comes in and wins you and your great friend will have a built in excuse that it is for the best, hey....if your scared say your scared. and by the way this forum ask what big game or you looking most forward to and kirbyville-newton gets many votes,have a good day ;)

Ha I'll take the bait since that is what you have been going for since the original post:

Lets examine some of your comments:

your right there has been no rivalry for 15-20 years because of uil realignment and such

How exactly did realignment cause Kirbyville to go 0-17 vs Newton the last 20 years?  Help a poor ignorant ex-Newton Eagle out and explain it to me.

another district champ. and another exit in second round esp. if marlin is involved

Oh ho ho ho!  A smart one!  He knows how to make backhanded comments!  Well let's look at those second round exits in the last 20 years..Newton has been there 17 times advancing 10 times and losing 7 times.  How about Kirbyville?  3-3.  Yeah...forgive me but I'll take 10-7 in the second round in a 20 year period over 3-3.  Call me crazy.

As to Marlin, yep they have Newton's number no arguing that when the Eagles are 0-5 against those Bulldogs.  Kirbyville is 0-1 against them.  I guess being an inferior team that rarely gets to play them entitles you to be derisive. My apologies I did not know the rules.  Go ahead and further correct my ignorance and explain to me what that has to do with Kirbyville.  Do the Wildcats have some super secret plan to bus in Marlin for week 10?

Guest wildcat58

hotrodg............dude get your panties out of a knot, i have extolled newtons virtues on many post and how you are what others strive to be. i just responded to your post about how unimportant you feel this game is for newton, i realize newton by far has the upper hand since the 70s against kirbyville but because of uil we havent gotten to be district rivals. as for the marlin comment you deserved it. as for 2008 the here and now we will beat you , now go wash some dishes are something and no more smart aleck comments about history from you.2008 is the only history you need to know.

Guest rykerx144

I looked up the word HISTORY in the dictionary at the newton public library. I found it to be defined as:  what you use to feel better about yourself when you know that you are about to lose to a team that you should not, and for a synonym it listed an EXCUSE.

I looked up the word HISTORY in the dictionary at the newton public library. I found it to be defined as:  what you use to feel better about yourself when you know that you are about to lose to a team that you should not, and for a synonym it listed an EXCUSE.

I looked it up in Kirbyville. It said:  See Marching Band.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder