Nederland at LC-M Predictions?

The problem does not solely lie with "unnamed coach"

it lies with the attitude of the school and the community, no coach will ever change things as long as the community and schools attitude remains the same. Moody is dealing with the same problems that ultimately moved DW to retire.

As far as inspirational leaders go, i know of a small core group of players that can be counted on to play hard every snap and try to get everyone else on their level.

Skipper said earlier that LCM was very poor at blocking, i dont agree with that to an extent, i've seen the line open up huge holes, its the lead backs and tight ends that have a problem with blocking. But i also saw several times LCM has tried to use play action and QB keeps, and they just wont work because there is not a good enough ball fake. The biggest problem is LCM's defense.

What it comes down to is that you can't win on effort alone. Great effort beats great talent, but LCM lacks something resembling talent. They are getting run over, or run around. I will say that they play hard and do the best they can with what they have. The starters as of now, minus maybe 4 or 5, are players that have been backups all their lives.

I really do feel sorry for all the players coaches and fans, but just think of this, the struggles of this year will only prepare those young guys, and better equip them for next year.

And there back ups have been starters all their lives, With that being said.. Respect is earned not given. When the LC-M players learn that have to earn RESPECT that it will not be given to them, and want to earn it (respect) everything will start getting better.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not just saying this because of where I am from.  But when has LC-M been good at football?  Besides the '94 team.  Does being in the same town as WOS hurt their outlook on football.  I wish the bears all the luck but at the end of the day there are teams that win and those that will lose.  LCM has been one of those teams that lose.  They are in a very competitive district.  I just don't see what everyone is complaining about.  Just get used to it. 

How bout walking into the LCM fieldhouse tomorow and saying "well guys you'll go to the wrong school just get used to losing" or walk through the stands Friday night and explain to the parents why they should "just get used to losing."

I honestly don't see anybody beating us this year. We just played our hardest game in district... in my opinion. We just need to play one game at a time and not look ahead. We have a running game this year and that big bull #54 to lead the way. We didn't have that last year. All we did was drop back and pass. Drop back and pass. Drop back and pass. I just hope that we don't run into anybody that can consistently throw the ball. Our secondary is really not A1 steak sauce good, ya know? But this week we should take this game hands down.

Nederland- 35

LCM-10

I honestly don't see anybody beating us this year. We just played our hardest game in district... in my opinion..............................

Nederland- 35

LCM-10

I have a feeling that Central, Vidor and Lumberton may have a different take on that. Even though a rivalry game, I don't think PNG put up the best fight that we will see. Maybe on another day they might have but not that night.

I hope that you are correct but I don't believe it.

Vidor, Central, and Lumberton all have the potential to be tougher games than the PNG game was...fact is, Nederland played well that night and that is the challenge, continuing to play well every week...it is much harder than it sounds...an off night against anyone in the district could spell trouble...I think the district is loaded with parity with most teams being able to beat any other on any given night.

Vidor, Central, and Lumberton all have the potential to be tougher games than the PNG game was...fact is, Nederland played well that night and that is the challenge, continuing to play well every week...it is much harder than it sounds...an off night against anyone in the district could spell trouble...I think the district is loaded with parity with most teams being able to beat any other on any given night.

Pretty much, with the exception of a team that has been struggling for a couple of years now. Even they have the chance to play a good game and shock someone.

I think a lot of PNG fans (not the players) fell into the trap of beating up on LCM and thinking that meant they were ready to take on all comers. This district is full of traps just waiting to be sprung.

Pretty much, with the exception of a team that has been struggling for a couple of years now. Even they have the chance to play a good game and shock someone.

I think a lot of PNG fans (not the players) fell into the trap of beating up on LCM and thinking that meant they were ready to take on all comers. This district is full of traps just waiting to be sprung.

Great post! 

Great post! 

And so true, dont take anyone for granted.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder