10 things that I learned last night... feel free to add to this...

jake94

In no particular order...

1. Livingston probably won't enjoy 20-4a

2. LC-M is in total disarray STILL

3. PN-G is taking care of business even without home games

4. Josh Wright is a very good and consistent back

5. Vidor/Central is becoming a rivalry

6. Asa Cardenas catches EVERYTHING he gets his hands on

7. Ozen should throw to their big WR's more

8. Grogan gives Nederland a whole new threat on offense

9. Lumberton is still pretty salty even without all those seniors

10. There might be hope for the much maligned Nederland run defense

These just sound right when I think of the good NED teams.

1. Ozen still has not turned the corner.

2. I might be hard on Lumberton but is Livingston any good?

3. Central will have issues putting up big offensive numbers unless they throw the ball.

4. PNG will be a playoff team.

5. Vidor may be on an upset bid... That BIG O-line may be the catalyst.

6. LCM, poor LCM

7. The forth place team in 20-4a is glad Dayton is gone.

8. Memorial might miss the playoffs in this districyt too!

9. Its going to be crowded at the top of 20-4A.

10. The Beaumont schools need some OC's!

3. Central will have issues putting up big offensive numbers unless they throw the ball.

6. LCM, poor LCM

The 1st 2nd and 3rd place teams are glad too! Trading Dayton for Livingston was the best deal for all these teams since the Herschel Walker trade!

I think you have me wrong.  I don't hate Nederland and have always pulled for them in their playoff runs.  However, Ned is very small and just because they performed well against the Ozen running game does not mean that they will stop PNG, Lumberton, Vidor or Central.  My observations may be wrong, and if so, you can tell me you told me so, but, to say I am a nederland hater is just not true.  I went to that game because I appreciate the excitement of mid county football.  I sure didn't need to see Ozen again.

You must have a great teacher!  ;D ;D

In all seriousness, these are dead on.  I kind of disagree with 7 and 8.  The big receivers still havn't proved to me that he can take over a game against defenders that he outleap (and believe me, he can jump) defenders that he already have 6 inches on.  Grogan have not proved he can do that against a good defense.

6. LCM, poor LCM

**10. The Beaumont schools need some OC's! (except for west brook)

You must have a great teacher!   ;D ;D

In all seriousness, these are dead on.  I kind of disagree with 7 and 8.  The big receivers still havn't proved to me that he can take over a game against defenders that he outleap (and believe me, he can jump) defenders that he already have 6 inches on.  Grogan have not proved he can do that against a good defense.

I agree with both of you here.  Except I still think Lumberton from what Ive seen is fighting for the bottom spots in this district.

Ozen will be able to run at will.  Cardenas and Bellows will do their thing, but will need a running game in this one.  That's not going to happen.  Ozen 21-13.

Soulja,  I kinda disagree with you disagreeing with #8.  You said that Nederland would need a running game to beat Ozen and you did not think it was going to happen.  Apparently you thought Ozen's Defense was good enough to stop Nederland's running game.  Now you are saying that Grogan has not proved anything.  He did prove something.  He proved you wrong!!!

Ozen will be able to run at will.  Cardenas and Bellows will do their thing, but will need a running game in this one.  That's not going to happen.  Ozen 21-13.

Soulja,  I kinda disagree with you disagreeing with #8.  You said that Nederland would need a running game to beat Ozen and you did not think it was going to happen.  Apparently you thought Ozen's Defense was good enough to stop Nederland's running game.  Now you are saying that Grogan has not proved anything.  He did prove something.  He proved you wrong!!!

He did prove me wrong.  What I mean by Grogan proving himself to me is he will need to do that against a good run defense.  In other words, can he put those numbers up consistantly.  You see, he didn't do that against WO-S and I consider them to have a good run defense year in and  year out.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

What happened to Ozen's D this year? I thought they were going to be good in that area. It seems as if they have regressed on D. Their Offense seems horrible and worst than last year also. Just kinda surprised by the rushing yardage that they gave up  ???

1.  Rison's test-ti-Cals shrank after halftime:

Being tied 7-7 going for the onside kick was dumb as if they were down by 21....

2.  Ozen can't tackle:  Grogan's big but their were a ton of missed tackles---many for lost.  I guess WO-S is a better tackling team

3.  If Ned adjusted bringin the OLB's to the line for the outside run, why not try running a trap play?

4.  Ozen still 'gets friendly' when Ned/PN-G comes to town

Maybe both schools need an infusion of Black players for them to get up and stay up for 4 Quarters

5.  Put #81 on 'T. O.' Jefferson.  He ran lazy routes just like his appearent hero.

6.  Wider line splits on the O-line.  Take note Central

7.  Rison should let the QB audible.  OLB's come up to stop the run, then call a hot route to the WB or TE

8.  Should've played Asa and #5 man up and kept a safety back and bring a safety down to stop the run

9.  Ozen can still make the playoffs.  But Rison can't call plays like he's in a Sarah Palin interview.

10.  Let me give the pre-game pep talk ala Lou Holtz.  I'll get those kids' minds right like in Cool Hand Luke or they wouldn't play.....

I think you have me wrong.   I don't hate Nederland and have always pulled for them in their playoff runs.  However, Ned is very small and just because they performed well against the Ozen running game does not mean that they will stop PNG, Lumberton, Vidor or Central.  My observations may be wrong, and if so, you can tell me you told me so, but, to say I am a nederland hater is just not true.   I went to that game because I appreciate the excitement of mid county football.  I sure didn't need to see Ozen again.

My mistake.  I apologize for misjudging you. Hopefully we will prove people wrong and pull out wins against all the teams you listed above.

I think you have me wrong.   I don't hate Nederland and have always pulled for them in their playoff runs.  However, Ned is very small and just because they performed well against the Ozen running game does not mean that they will stop PNG, Lumberton, Vidor or Central.  My observations may be wrong, and if so, you can tell me you told me so, but, to say I am a nederland hater is just not true.   I went to that game because I appreciate the excitement of mid county football.  I sure didn't need to see Ozen again.

My mistake.  I apologize for misjudging you. Hopefully we will prove people wrong and pull out wins against all the teams you listed above.

No apology necessary, but thanks,  I just try to say what I see.  I'm wrong most of the time, so Ned will probably wind up with the best D in the district.  I was discussing at the game how much respect I have for the Ned program.  Those 150 lb guys have no fear.  Like pit bulls, they are raised to take and give punishment.  Sometimes, they are just outclassed talent-wise, but I love to watch them play.      

You must have a great teacher!   ;D ;D

I agree with both of you here.  Except I still think Lumberton from what Ive seen is fighting for the bottom spots in this district.

LOL, now here's an L-Town hater.

New post season picks:

1. Lumberton

2. PNG

3. Central

4. Nederland - May move up on my list based on this Saturdays performance against the Indians, go big Ned.

In everyones dust...........poor Livingston

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder