BC CC Teams win Nederland Meet

Congrats to BC! Keep up the good work and go get'em at A&M this week.

BC CC teams win Nederland Meet

Van Wade

The Orange Leader

NEDERLAND — Both the Bridge City Cardinal boys and the Lady Cardinals won their respective divisions at the Nederland Cross Country Meet Saturday.

The Cardinal boys ran in the 4A-5A division of the Nederland Invitational and won the team title with Huffman nabbing second and Barbers Hill third.

Tim Cude led the Cards with a second-place finish, just 13 seconds behind the winner running a 17:02, Harvinder Singh of Huffman. Kirby Shepherd was fourth (17:12) and Brandon Simoneaux was tenth (18:05), followed by Kyle Prosperie (17th, 18:47); Sawyer Hogan (18th, 18:48); and Armando Chavez (23rd, 19:16); and Aaron LeJuene (31st, 20:16)

The girls also won the team title with Barbers Hill second and Huffman third. Mary Nguyen of BC finished third (13:25) behind two girls from Huffman. Jessica Franklin was fifth (13:32), and Meagan Shockley was tenth (13:59) followed by Ariel Chesson (13th, 14:07); Faith Rowe (15th, 14:23); Alex Holland (19th, 14:35); and Lisa Huynh (25th, 14:56).

The Cardinals will visit the Texas A&M Invitational next weekend.

Also on Saturday the Deweyville Pirate Cross Country Teams traveled to Nederland at Doornbos Park.

The Pirates finished second with 43 points behind Liberty with 24 points in the Division II 3A-and-under team competition. Finishing third was 2A district foe East Chambers with 54 points.

The Pirates were paced by senior Caden Thompson who finished eighth over all in a time of 20:43 for the three mile course. Brady Williams came in 16th 22:08, Michael Chalambaga 18th 22:38, Hunter Estes 19th 22:42, Jacob Hopson 22nd 23:28, and Daniel Smart 25th..

Four Lady Pirates traveled to Nederland and competed well, paced by Amber Burks who finished 20th in a time of 16:11. Also running strong were Olivia Wilson 16:16, Kyrstan Barlow 16:17 and Lyndsi Thompson.

"I am very proud of our young men and women today,†said Pirate head coach Brad Haeggquist. “The huricane played havoc with our training but our athletes went out and competed anyway."

I'm sure as heck am not counting them out.  We only beat them by 14 points this week, and by only four at Dayton.  Plus they had a JV kid run a 18:43.  He's run some fast triathalons and is a freshman.  Throw him in with Varsity and we only beat them by nine this week.  Not to mention the kid is just starting and will only get better.  We have definitely picked up a new region rivalry with Huffman dropping down to 3A.

Hey cardinalcc just in case you don't know I am the head coach of Huffman.  Being from Beaumont and a graduate of Hamshire-Fannett, I read this website faithly.  Coming from a school like Huffman or Hamshire-Fannett they usually don't get much media coverage, so I was just complementing Van Wade.  It was always funny to me that I never got any recognition for making it to state in cross county ,my better sport in high school, but actually made the front page of the Sports section in the Beaumont Enterprise for shooting 3's in basketball.  Cross country is one of the sports that isn't noticed by many, so Bridge City and the schools in the Orange area are lucky to have someone who will cover it.  I would like to consider myself pretty knowledgeable about distance running, therefore you don't know me well enough to understand that I am TOTALLY aware of our lack of DEPTH.  I actually posted on our team website huffmanfalcons.com and txrunning.com(under the team web pages) that we lack in depth earlier today, if you want to check it out. 

Here I brought it to you, this is what I posted.

Boys:

Team Results:

1.) Bridge City (3A)

2.) Huffman (3A)

3.) Barbers Hill (4A)

4.) Nederland (4A)

5.) Lumberton (4A)

6.) Dayton (4A)

7.) Memorial (5A)

Individually Happy Singh remained undefeated for the year winning the race with a time of 16:49 averaging 5:36 per mile for 3 miles. Next week will be a big challenge running at Texas A & M. We will really see what the team is made of. Good performance by Travis Plumb and Randy White today.

Individual Results:

1.) Happy Singh(SO) 16:49

11.)Travis Plumb(JR) 18:06

15.)Randy White(SO) 18:43

19.)Colton Dampier(SR) 18:51

20.)Sunny Singh(SR) 19:02

29.)Thomas Murff(FR) 20:00

40.)Garrett Jones(SO) 22:22

Varsity Girls:

The girls also ran up in the 4A/5A race with Freshman Taeler Marshall really stepping up and winning her first race in High School. Taeler lead the race from start to finish winning with a time of 13:08 for 2 miles. Followed closely behind by Angelina Covington who placed 2nd with a time of 13:14. Stephanie Hernandez has been having some achilles problems, so I decided to run her in the 3A Under race. She won the 3A under race with a time of 13:34. Andrea Arney also had a good race today, running a great time.

Team Results:

1.) Bridge City

2.) Barbers Hill

3.) Huffman

4.) Nederland

5.) PNG

Individual Results (4A/5A):

1.) Taeler Marshall (FR) 13:08

2.) Angelina Covington (SO) 13:14

23.) Andrea Arney (SR) 14:50

37.) Alishia Dampier (SR) 16:52

38.) Sarah Gobe (SO) 17:08

39.) Lauren Mena (SO) 17:35

Individual Results (3A Under):

1.) Stephanie Hernandez 13:34

Overall we lack some depth, but we entered runners in 4 races today, and came away with 4 first place finishes. A lot better than 2 weeks ago at Dayton, so hopefully we can continue to improve.

Sorry coach if it seemed like I was trying to knock your team because that was definitely not my intention. The lack of depth was more towards the girls team than the guys team. Your guys are running faster than we did last year when we went to state. We didn't have 5 under 19 mins until district except for the Jasper race which was short. Your teams have some very strong, young runners who will only get better and will hopefully along with BC turn region 3 back into contenders at state. It is still way early in the season though and I am sure that you will have all of your runners where they need to be on Nov.8 when it counts. And Van Wade does do an amazing job covering Orange County CC. We are very lucky to have him. There has been an article every week about a meet since at least when I started running in 7th grade and I am sure long before that too. Oh and I am Ryan Kelly, I ran for BC but have graduated and now run for Lamar. I don't want you to think that I am one of the HS kids on here talking smack against y'all ha.

Alright, your cool just be careful when you are trying to point out the obvious.  I will have to tell Coach Waru and Coach Clark to take care of you at practice.  They are both my friends, and they wouldn't want you talking bad about Huffman

Haha oh no please don't do that  ;D

have not saw joe dooley of deweyville mentioned in the paper is he hurt or not running cc this year

I know he plays football too and I think Deweyville played Saturday night, so that might be why he wasn't there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder