LONE STAR WEEK 2 SCORES

pete22600

HOW DID VIDOR SR DO

We lost 20-0. Hard fought game just on wrong end. We played Silsbee Srs. Scored all their pts in 1st half.

they scored all in first half? did yall shut them down second half or did they call the dogs off..?

It was a little of us shutting them down in the 2nd and 3rd qtr but in the 4th the did run mostly 2nd team offense from what I could tell. And yes they did take a shot down the field late in the game. Don't know why but what comes around goes around and for whatever reason they didn't see it was more sportsmanship to run the clock out instead of trying to get more scores. But some people need to have a high score to make themselves feel better.

WELL COMEAUX  Typical Silsbee..they did that same crap to us last year in the playoffs..apparently no one is holding them accountable..Capt Claude I know you read this site hopefully you will have a talk with them as what should have happened last year.

I don't have a dog in the race, but I tell you I shook the boys hands last year after the game but I refused to shake the coach's hands, because it was piss poor what they did..I been on both sides of the ball when i was up i didn't run up the score, and when i was down by ALOT I was hoping they would give me the same courtesy..I think it is disrespectful to the kids and the parents when you do crap like that.what are you trying to prove when you throw the hail mary with under 2 mintues left in the game that you are leading by twenty ,and on top of that run a reverse.?? its chicken sh#t.but I am a firm believer what goes around comes around. and before you try to say I am hiding behind a screen name..let me tell you my name Is Corey  and I coach in a whole different league not even in Lonestar.if you need my number PM me and I will be glad to give it to you..I have alot of friends i care for and a whole bunch of kids I adore and it is uncalled for..you silsbee coaches whoeever called the play is cowards and have zero respect for you and your league..

I hope Deweyville or whomever is the favorite down there rip you a new one..Like I said PM me if you want to talk..You are classless...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st team or second team it dont matter, the fact is there, were less than 2 minutes on the clock, they were leading by 20 and they take a shot down field and then the next play run a reverse ??? I was amazed at the  disrespect not because we were losing but for the kids, at the coaches meeting all "someone" preached about was "its for the kids" now this cowardly act is not for the kids, put the shoes on your feet.  Im also a believer in what comes around goes around this is not the first year that Silsbee has done this, they did it last year in the JR. division. Im not trying to take anything away from the Silsbee kids they played very good and were the better team that day, but to the coaches what goes around comes around. 

1st team or second team it dont matter, the fact is there, were less than 2 minutes on the clock, they were leading by 20 and they take a shot down field and then the next play run a reverse ??? I was amazed at the  disrespect not because we were losing but for the kids, at the coaches meeting all "someone" preached about was "its for the kids" now this cowardly act is not for the kids, put the shoes on your feet.  Im also a believer in what comes around goes around this is not the first year that Silsbee has done this, they did it last year in the JR. division. Im not trying to take anything away from the Silsbee kids they played very good and were the better team that day, but to the coaches what goes around comes around. 

exactly its not the kids fault..they run the plays the coaches tell them to..and they play 100%..Silsbee coach or coaches need to be talked to..they did it last year and we are in week 2 and it already happened again..either no one talked to them last year, or they dont care who they piss off..either way its disrespectful.

Football is football I understand that but these are kids..You won the game and you were the better team that day, but what do you prove running up the score??..I am no coach with lonestar.  if I was there as a fan you would have had problems and you would have had an earful..the only reason you didnt last year is because I was representing VJFA..I hope this does not happen again especially from the same league..If it happens again, it will be dissappointing towards silsbee and lonestar,I firmly believe this is not what Lonestar represents.

My things must have changed, used to not pull the dogs off unless you were up by 36. If it makes you Vidor boys feel any better, I can loan you some game film or some highlights of some whoopings the Tigers got a few years ago, maybe you're paying for some past transgressions, but hey we did LET them score. This post was intended to offer the VJFA Coaches and parents a little insight, not meant to offend anyone, especially my boys from Vidor.

My things must have changed, used to not pull the dogs off unless you were up by 36. If it makes you Vidor boys feel any better, I can loan you some game film or some highlights of some whoopings the Tigers got a few years ago, maybe you're paying for some past transgressions, but hey we did LET them score.

well I could careless abour your game film..I have been on both sides of winning and losing..Answer this: what do you prove by running a reverse or a hail mary with under two minutes of a youth football game when leading by twenty??

only thing you are doing is stroking your ego..don't get up in front of everyone and preach that its about the kids and turn around and try to run the score up.

Like i said if you want to air it out on here we can, if you want to talk privately we can do that too..I am not even associated with lonestar, but I think it is chicken sh*t to do what was done..I didnt say quit or call off the dogs..heck keep running the ball..but a reverse and throwing it down field ?  just shows what type of class you are when you do that crap.is it about the kids or something else?

Hey 83, Im not talking about calling the dogs off, what im saying there were less than 2 minutes in the game Why would you take a shot down the field and run a reverse? You are winning by 20, run the clock out and go home. What does it prove to put 6 more on the scoreboard?  Like I said in my previous post, its for the kids not for the coaches egos. What goes around comes around..... X 10.

i agree with Piratefan and Piratediehard.....im not a coach on the senior team but i did see the game....i have to say this Coach Comeaux and the players on his team were disrespected no doubt.....they is never a reason that you do anything but run the clock out even if you are only up 10 or more...there was no point behind it other than to look good about yourself as a coach....you will never see myself or Coach Comeaux doing this type of crap that Silsbee pulled...i hope that the coaches are fined for their actions

Guest tchawks99

I agree..even if you were up by a little why would you throw the ball? It stops the clock,..and if you are up by alot all you are doing is rubbing it in..I believe it was uncalled for and I don't think that is what Lonestar is about.

With that being said I hope HJ beats the heck out of Silsbee..

all you are doing is making it worse for the KIDS that are involved.and i seen some of the yahoo's that are over in Silsbee and you sure in the heck dont look like coaches.Better be glad yall have the athletes.

Run to the left ,run to the right and then run it again...

Guy's, all this hostility! Piratefan, you know your a lover and not a fighter.  :-* I can honestly see both sides of the fence. If I put a kid in at QB thats never played there, I may let him take a few shots just to have a little fun. I may try a few trick plays just to see if they really work in certain situations. Not to "rub it in" but to let the kids have a little fun. If he's not my starter, he probably ain't throwing that much and there is a good chance it will get picked. But on the other hand, if I'm getting it handed to me, I'm pretty pissed and ready to get out of there, I just want the clock to run and get it over with. The last two minutes, hmmmmm, man, that's touchy. Personally, if I'm winning and have the ball, we're knealing or running between the tackles according to how much time is left. Under 2 minutes two touchdown lead, we're knealing.  8) 8) 8)

Guy's, all this hostility! Piratefan, you know your a lover and not a fighter.  :-* I can honestly see both sides of the fence. If I put a kid in at QB thats never played there, I may let him take a few shots just to have a little fun. I may try a few trick plays just to see if they really work in certain situations. Not to "rub it in" but to let the kids have a little fun. If he's not my starter, he probably ain't throwing that much and there is a good chance it will get picked. But on the other hand, if I'm getting it handed to me, I'm pretty pissed and ready to get out of there, I just want the clock to run and get it over with. The last two minutes, hmmmmm, man, that's touchy. Personally, if I'm winning and have the ball, we're knealing or running between the tackles according to how much time is left. Under 2 minutes two touchdown lead, we're knealing.  8) 8) 8)

8)

Guy's, all this hostility! Piratefan, you know your a lover and not a fighter. :-* I can honestly see both sides of the fence. If I put a kid in at QB that's never played there, I may let him take a few shots just to have a little fun. I may try a few trick plays just to see if they really work in certain situations. Not to "rub it in" but to let the kids have a little fun. If he's not my starter, he probably ain't throwing that much and there is a good chance it will get picked. But on the other hand, if I'm getting it handed to me, I'm pretty pissed and ready to get out of there, I just want the clock to run and get it over with. The last two minutes, hmmmmm, man, that's touchy. Personally, if I'm winning and have the ball, we're kneeling or running between the tackles according to how much time is left. Under 2 minutes two touchdown lead, we're kneeling. 8) 8) 8)

1st of all 83 alumni is a very upstanding gentleman and there is no need of the hostility towards him. All he was doing was giving you a reason why they did what they did. Not boosting about what he had done. And yes he does have several films of Silsbee, Deweyville, Orangefield ( when they were with us and CL was coaching there) getting their hats handed to them. But it was done dignified. Ask around about the "Man Child" If you want a true description of this child ask CL and Claude. He was on the same team with a few of the starters that just graduated from VHS like Franklin, Foxworth, Beau and so on and so forth. He had a special group just as Claude JP and company had in Deweyville.

And you are correct Bear with a big lead ( 2 Td's or more going into last half of 4Th ) I am eating the clock up.

Just need to suck it up and move along.

My hostility was directed to whomever called the plays for Silsbee..83 alumn was misunderstood .I stand by what i said about the playcalling.  what goes around comes around..But you are right Comeaux suck it up and move on..

If you run between the tackles and you still score then you cant do nothing about that.but if you are putting it in the air and running reverses then that is the coach not the kids.  I stand by what I said.whomever calls the plays is chicken sh*t.

Guest tchawks99

HJ White beat  Capt.Claudes team pretty bad..dont you notice him not on here today giving us his stats and a breakdown of his coaching career?

13-0....

way to go hawks...Sorry I didnt congratulate you before..we on the other hand took a butt whippin..

Where is Capt.Claude??? is he out on the plank scratching his head or is he locked in his room watching film?? come on out capt.claude..would love to hear the stats like you always give us..lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298