BC teen pleads guilty to steroids charge

I know that steroids do exist but how often they are used I have no way of knowing. I am sure they were used by some until it was determined that they are dangerous. They are probably still being used by some. It was determined that cigarette smoking is dangerous to ones health and look at how many still smoke. As for the scholarship for the player in question, I do not know him personally but I did have one email exchange with him about a different mater not pertaining to steroids. He seemed like a good kid as far as one can tell from a email but I know that is no way to judge ones character. I did talk to his principal about the steroid incident and was told that he was a good student and great kid but he just made a huge mistake. He paid a price by missing his senior year and will have to do some jail time also I believe. I do not think he should be punished the rest of his life because of it. He is only a kid. I am not saying give everyone one free shot at using illegal drugs but some NFL players have tested positive and are still playing after a rehab. If a junior college or university wants to take a chance on a kid then let them do so. He is only a high school athlete. Pete Rose was punished for life but he is a professional. This is just my opinion. If anyone wants to disagree with me then that is fine with me. You  certainly have a right to your opinion just like everyone else, this is just mine. What is important here is to try to stop anyone else from using steroids. Maybe the fact that one local student is being sent to jail for 15 days and having to pay a fine of $1000 will ward off any other potential users. The testing will help also.

I totally agree with you.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What everyone doesn't understand is that this drug is very, very common in ALLLLL the schools in this area...I mean EVERY school in this area has At LEAST 5 players(lumping all the sports together) who are taking this stuff...this problem is just as common as kids drinking.....DON'T SAY BC THIS AND BC THAT.....the DECLINE one of you was talking about is due to the team being very very young...most all of the players were soph and juniors playing seniors who have played for a long time...there is a tremendous jump in size and things between junior and senior year...and not to mention there is a BIG difference in playing JV and playing Friday night football......so lets look at what these young boys did and didn't give up while listening to everone's crap last year. 

AND MY FRIEND STERIODS IS VERY REASONABLY PRICED!!! So the only "rich kids" can afford it is stupid on your part!!!  In fact the "lower income kids" are MORE likely to use it because they HAVE to get as scholarship in order to go to college.....and they can get it just the same....wake up and smell the coffee....it is used in EVERY school and the kids will tell you!!

If you know the 5 kids from any school then you should turn them in.  I disagree with you.  Bridge city always has kids screwing up but some kind of way it gets covered up.  I am glad the person in question is getting to go to school but I believe if we make stronger examples of kids in this town getting caught I think we would make a better impression on the kids coming up.  We have to quit making excuses for theses kids.  It funny 1 child of mine who does not participate in much has been drug tested 5 times in 5 years.  That child is a safe bet is why they continue to test.

Boy typical parent, turning the blind eye to what kids do these days do......you will learn really fast....I graduated from BC and they are not the only ones screwing up!  They are the ones that get noticed because we are considered the "goody two shoes" people who don't allow "thugs and such" in our schools therefore when one of our kids get caught with something, then they get talked about because everyone likes to hear it about BC.....talk to the kid who plead guilty and I bet $$ he was selling to all the other schools as well......I don't know the other kids in the other schools personally, I just I not one of those blind parents!!  I take care of my child and check on him with his activities because I know kids these days are into everything at least once!

Boy typical parent, turning the blind eye to what kids do these days do......you will learn really fast....I graduated from BC and they are not the only ones screwing up!  They are the ones that get noticed because we are considered the "goody two shoes" people who don't allow "thugs and such" in our schools therefore when one of our kids get caught with something, then they get talked about because everyone likes to hear it about BC.....talk to the kid who plead guilty and I bet $$ he was selling to all the other schools as well......I don't know the other kids in the other schools personally, I just I not one of those blind parents!!  I take care of my child and check on him with his activities because I know kids these days are into everything at least once!

But those kids from the other schools you speak of did'nt get busted. He did.

Actually lucky for him.....it may have been the best thing for him...so you are saying the BAD ONES that need to be talked about are the ones that get caught???  I feel sorry for the other students who DON"T get caught...they are allowed to continue in the life of crime and deceit......

Without sounding ignorant, this kid gets caught selling and administering steroids, but can someone tell me what about the one's he was selling to and giving injections to...................did they get any type of

punishment also or was the blind eye turned on them?  Just curious, because it all seems to be about the kid that was selling it.............but somebody had to be buying it and should have to answer to that also, or I would think.  Just funny that nothing has been mentioned about those kids.  And just for the record, I as a parent would spend my last dollar to have my kids tested if there was any indication at all that they were doing something like this.  First and foremost, my kids health and wellbeing would be my concern, and if they need that stuff to perform, they don't deserve to be on any team.

I hope you were not referring to me as one of the blind eye parent because I am far from it.  I say hold these kids responsible.  I just get tired of seeing theses kids mess up and nothing happen to them because of different reasons.  And believe me if my child was caught up in anything the least of their worries would be the law.  I would beat the hell out of them and call the law myself.  I think alot of people is tired of the punishment being different for different kids in this town.  I say treat them equal does not matter who your parents are.  I am from BC and choose to raise my children here but our district is far from perfect. 

Without sounding ignorant, this kid gets caught selling and administering steroids, but can someone tell me what about the one's he was selling to and giving injections to...................did they get any type of

punishment also or was the blind eye turned on them?  Just curious, because it all seems to be about the kid that was selling it.............but somebody had to be buying it and should have to answer to that also, or I would think.  Just funny that nothing has been mentioned about those kids.  And just for the record, I as a parent would spend my last dollar to have my kids tested if there was any indication at all that they were doing something like this.  First and foremost, my kids health and wellbeing would be my concern, and if they need that stuff to perform, they don't deserve to be on any team.

Any drug dealer worth his salt would never rat out his users unless theres a great plea deal involved. He may need them later.

AND MY FRIEND STERIODS IS VERY REASONABLY PRICED!!! So the only "rich kids" can afford it is stupid on your part!!!  In fact the "lower income kids" are MORE likely to use it because they HAVE to get as scholarship in order to go to college.....and they can get it just the same....wake up and smell the coffee....it is used in EVERY school and the kids will tell you!!

Ludicrous!

I agree.  If anyone knows that any kids (especially 5 per school) are using steroids, your duty is to report them.  In not doing so, you are as much a part of the problem as the problem itself.

As for people waiting for dirt on anything that goes on in BC, that is ludicrous.  Honey, I have known of plenty of news-worthy stuff that has gone on in BC that never hits one airway.  In fact, before this, I would have to say the last major news breaking from BC would have to be the Veteran's Memorial ordeal. 

Guest bleed orange

Lets be real here. Do some of think your kids have not tried things? I agree what this kid did was wrong and he is paying for it. Is he a bad kid? That remains to be seen.I don't think he is. He will learn from this and be a better person for it. I hope anyway. I guess none of you parents on here have ever smoked pot or drank alcohol? All you can do is tell a kid what is right and what is wrong and hope they make the right decision. Parents cannot watch their kids 24 hours a day. I am not saying it is right, I am just saying we were all young once and we know what some of us did ( Not all). Now, we did not have steroids in my day or atleast we never heard of them. Talk to your kids and let them know that you have to pay the price for the choice's you make in life. Do not bail them out. It is funny how parents think they are holier than thou. The professional athletes that these kids worship have been doing steroids for years.

On a last note I have suspected a couple of kids from Orangefield doing steroids through the years but very few. If our kids are doing steroids then they are on the wrong ones.

As for turning kids in for using you better have hard core proof and facts to back up your accusation, now we can go through the weight room and pretty well pick out the kids using but that dont hold water. Your right kids will be kids but life is all about making the right choice. Like I've told my kids before they were grown the prison and cemetary are full of young men that have made mistakes. Your also right about the pros and until they stop it there it will always be a problem at the lower levels. The pros could stop it tomorrow but the enhanced ability of the atheletes put butts in the seats and thats the bottm line.$$$$$$$$$$$

quote author=BCparent link=topic=41220.msg409374#msg409374 date=1218616300]wake up and smell the coffee....it is used in EVERY school and the kids will tell you!!

My friend, I've been smelling it for a long time. I do, however, smell quite a bit about your post and sure as heck ain't coffee... ;)

As for chances, for the most part, people get second chances.  I guess I look at this entire situation (isolated) as athletes who cheat by using steroids and get caught... (I'm being as general as I can be)...they performed well in their respective sports (say, football) because they were doing steroids.  I remember seeing someone post stats from football and the fact that he was a part of the track team...those stats and accomplishments were under the influence of an illegal substance.  In fact, at Regionals 2007, I don't recall seeing anyone bumped up from 4th place to take their rightful place at the Regional meet...I could have missed it, but I really don't think so.

He will get second chances, but I can name some really talented Mustangs who paid their dues the hard way...hard work (on the field and in the classroom) and weren't necessarily given a chance to play at the next level. 

Our younger kids could very well look at this entire situation and say...Hmmm, you know that kid that was doing steroids and got caught.  He only a slap on the wrist and still got a collegiate scholarship.  That's worth the risk.

I agree with whoever stated that time should tell as to what teams really do the work and earn their wins the right way and who might have had some help.

bc football rapid decline explanation??? how about graduation?

and bc has been on national news twice for bad things, and on the local news many times.  so does bc get anything covered up? not a chance. when you drive down a street in reverse going less that 20 mph on a dead street...and get arrested and have your name and picture plastered all over the news and suspended for part of the season, that is certainly not an example of something getting "covered up"

quite frankly im tired of any mistake made by a bc kid getting blown out of proportion and that kid having to justify himself after being blasted on message boards and newspapers.  not to say what happened in this case was not wrong, because it is, but hes paid his due and is being punished accordingly and the law is the only thing he should have to answer to.  so please dont call his future into question.  congratulate him and move on. 

lord knows some of the people on this board probably have worse skeletons in their closet than this....and werent and never will be caught.

My friend, I've been smelling it for a long time. I do, however, smell quite a bit about your post and sure as heck ain't coffee... ;)

Hmmm.... I wonder what it is that Gasilla is smelling?  :D

Great stuff there. I love that innuendo. That is a comment right up my alley and I am ashamed that you beat me to it.

bc football rapid decline explanation??? how about graduation?

and bc has been on national news twice for bad things, and on the local news many times.  so does bc get anything covered up? not a chance. when you drive down a street in reverse going less that 20 mph on a dead street...and get arrested and have your name and picture plastered all over the news and suspended for part of the season, that is certainly not an example of something getting "covered up"

quite frankly im tired of any mistake made by a bc kid getting blown out of proportion and that kid having to justify himself after being blasted on message boards and newspapers.  not to say what happened in this case was not wrong, because it is, but hes paid his due and is being punished accordingly and the law is the only thing he should have to answer to.  so please dont call his future into question.  congratulate him and move on. 

lord knows some of the people on this board probably have worse skeletons in their closet than this....and werent and never will be caught.

I don't think anyone is saying that the BC decline is due to not using steroids. I truly believe last year was due to youth. IMO, the results from not using the roids will show years down the line when the consistency of the programs using is no longer there.

If you think this is just a BC problem, get your head checked. BC unfortunately had someone get caught by the law, it could happen anywhere. The local media reported it due to it was the first case to come out. Let it happen somewhere else and the same Im sure would be done

He's right.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder