*Lumberton Raiders 2008 Football Team Preview*

I love all the trash talk!!!!! Feels like football season!!!!!   In my opinion Lumberton wil finish no better than 4th in district this year.  I admit yall had a GREAT team last year.  But take it from a humbled Nederland fan, It is not going to happen every season!!!!  I hope yall are good again. I loved the enthusiasm Lumberton brought last year. I do think yall will have a very good running back.

Amen on the trash talk.....I can't wait until the Smack Attack starts again too, what is it, 8 or 9 weeks until 0 week. Now of course, I don't expect Big Ned or any other district foes to give us respect until we make the playoffs at least twice, but L-town is here with a good plan now so watch out. It's not like we've never had winning seasons, in fact the last year there were only 2 playoff teams Lumberton went 8 and 2, as usual an also ran, but I see 4th place possibly having an under .500 record. Four teams is too many, sounds like some of that liberal crap where there are no losers.....sheesh.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

I remember some of BH's players were crying on the field .

I was a first hand witness when the L-train rolled right over BH in the scrimmage last year.

Good Review! I watched the raiders last year in BH play Smiley and the Lamarque game, they had a good squad last year and there fans were awesome. Look forward to the BH/Lumberton game this year!!

BH will crush Lumberton.

BH will "CRUSH" Lumberton? These BH fans and/or Lumberton Haters must think that BH is some kind of powerhouse if they think they are going to "CRUSH" us? What a joke! Just wondering... does anyone know if those two clowns that tried tearing up the Lumberton HS are still on the team and playing against us?

R yall serious.....really? first off it was a scrimage "HAUSE" not only that it was the first scrimage of the year, that means nothing.....and second we lost 8 senior starters this year....who do yall have coming back? "Anthony Baird" sorry if were not ready tuck tale and run just yet ::) ;D

You can say what you want about Anthony "Beard" right now, but when yall come out to Lumberton on Sept. 5th and he runs all over your defense then we'll see what your saying then! BTW, nobody ever answered me about the 2 BH football players that got in trouble for allegedly destroying property at LHS earlier this year. Does anyone know if they are still on the team and playing against Lumberton?

Guest etbu

I was a first hand witness when the L-train rolled right over BH in the scrimmage last year.

Good Review! I watched the raiders last year in BH play Smiley and the Lamarque game, they had a good squad last year and there fans were awesome. Look forward to the BH/Lumberton game this year!!

BH will crush Lumberton.

BH will "CRUSH" Lumberton? These BH fans and/or Lumberton Haters must think that BH is some kind of powerhouse if they think they are going to "CRUSH" us? What a joke! Just wondering... does anyone know if those two clowns that tried tearing up the Lumberton HS are still on the team and playing against us?

R yall serious.....really? first off it was a scrimage "HAUSE" not only that it was the first scrimage of the year, that means nothing.....and second we lost 8 senior starters this year....who do yall have coming back? "Anthony Baird" sorry if were not ready tuck tale and run just yet ::) ;D

You can say what you want about Anthony "Beard" right now, but when yall come out to Lumberton on Sept. 5th and he runs all over your defense then we'll see what your saying then! BTW, nobody ever answered me about the 2 BH football players that got in trouble for allegedly destroying property at LHS earlier this year. Does anyone know if they are still on the team and playing against Lumberton?

Do you actually play for Lumberton? Why are you so concerned about two kids from BH? Are you the county DA?

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

BH will crush Lumberton.

Do you actually play for Lumberton? Why are you so concerned about two kids from BH? Are you the county DA?

Why are you so concerned about what I just said? Oh, and why were you so concerned about why I had pics of UM on my Sig and Avatar when you asked me about it the other day. Is there a problem with me having pics of UM players? I wanted to ask you that the other day. Maybe I asked because several BH fans and/or Lumberton Haters are on this Lumberton thread talking about Lumberton and its players. So, I figured I would ask about some of the BH players since we were on the topic. Just hadn't heard anything since that happened and was just wondering really...Just curious! You don't have to get defensive now do you?

Guest etbu

BH will crush Lumberton.

Why are you so concerned about what I just said? Oh, and why were you so concerned about why I had pics of UM on my Sig and Avatar when you asked me about it the other day. Is there a problem with me having pics of UM players? I wanted to ask you that the other day. Maybe I asked because several BH fans and/or Lumberton Haters are on this Lumberton thread talking about Lumberton and its players. So, I figured I would ask about some of the BH players since we were on the topic. Just hadn't heard anything since that happened and was just wondering really...Just curious! You don't have to get defensive now do you?

Just wondering if you were the beat writer for the Lumberton Star?  ??? Little jumpy huh lad? Tell us more

hussey's heart is one of the things that made him so good. but yea, we will def miss him.

I have a feeling beard will do a fine job of that...especially with the added speed he will bring.

I think that Hanna will get the majority of the carries this year because Lumberton can't afford to take Beard out on defense. And not to mention that Hanna is a 215lbs guy that runs a legit 4.6. Don't get me wrong, I think Coach C did a GREAT job with our boys last year, but I don't think he used Hanna to his full advantage...

hussey's heart is one of the things that made him so good. but yea, we will def miss him.

I have a feeling beard will do a fine job of that...especially with the added speed he will bring.

I think that Hanna will get the majority of the carries this year because Lumberton can't afford to take Beard out on defense. And not to mention that Hanna is a 215lbs guy that runs a legit 4.6. Don't get me wrong, I think Coach C did a GREAT job with our boys last year, but I don't think he used Hanna to his full advantage...

Razor08, be careful using my name...pounce/titan will end up hating your guts...lol

How is Lumberton going to be up front this year? Their O and D lines really impressed me last year and I was curious about how many of those kids are returning

Razor08, be careful using my name...pounce/titan will end up hating your guts...lol

How is Lumberton going to be up front this year? Their O and D lines really impressed me last year and I was curious about how many of those kids are returning

This is the new and improved Razor!!:D Lumberton is returning 3 or the 4 D linemen. Ward (Texas State) will be a huge lose. But from what I've heard, they have moved Hanna from the 3 technique to DE. I love this Lumberton defense. None of that gap control bull, they all fly to the ball.

lol...u may be right about being the new and improved, but remember the original wasn't that great to begin with...lol!!

I fully suspect Lumberton to be solid for years to come, although last years team was special and probably better than the one they will field this year, but only time will tell...Lumberton has a strong youth program and some good looking kids coming up in the next several years...i don't see them being the pushovers of the past for quite some time to come...they will be in the mix year in and year out

Lumberton, congrats on a good season in 2007, I wish you the best.  The only thing that gets me is perrinnial powers like Ned, PNG, Central, WOS, etc. don't get on here talking all world talk and these teams have had numerous good years...  You guys get one good year and now you all talk like Lumberton is all world...  You all need to just be thankful for having a good year and press for future success, NOT come on a thread and claim greatness....

Proof is in performance not talk!!!!!!!

Lumberton, congrats on a good season in 2007, I wish you the best.  The only thing that gets me is perrinnial powers like Ned, PNG, Central, WOS, etc. don't get on here talking all world talk and these teams have had numerous good years...  You guys get one good year and now you all talk like Lumberton is all world...  You all need to just be thankful for having a good year and press for future success, NOT come on a thread and claim greatness....

Proof is in performance not talk!!!!!!!

Well when lumberton bends over the jags like they did last year, i will be laughing at you  :D

So short and soulja are you'll telling me you'll don't want the boards flooded with lumberton threads like last year?

I think spirit is a great thing... Those guys have that... But they also are pompous, and that irritates me!

You know there is an old saying... If big brother whips up on lil brother long enough eventually lil brother will STEAL a win!!!!

fighting-230.GIF

hit-with-club.gif

punch-2.gif

This is how we do Lumberton...  That one lump you left will never compare to the years of abuse we have put on the L-Yugo!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Luv Ya Blue

Everyone ready to join the L train? I offered last year and a few folks refused. Well what happened was we went ALOT farther than most folks predicted. We will again this year! It's called good coaching now! See PN-G and Nederland (except last year Nederland) lose good players every year and still make the playoffs. The L train is there now to!!!!!!!!

Guest Luv Ya Blue

luv ya blue, can i ask what your affiliation with the team is?

parent, player, fan, etc...?

A Fan!! All i'm trying to say is we now have a coaching staff in place that will help us keep winning and not just a 1 year wonder.

answer me this.. if he keeps winning.. why would he want to go anywhere? he completely built this program. granted, when we make the playoffs again.. he'll get plenty, and may take one. but he wants NOTHING more than to win here.

answer me this.. if he keeps winning.. why would he want to go anywhere? he completely built this program. granted, when we make the playoffs again.. he'll get plenty, and may take one. but he wants NOTHING more than to win here.

and the answer is................MORE MONEY!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833