2008 Shetland All Star Tourney

I think it is funny that at this age (Shetland) coaches would wait to look at the bracket or name which team it is.....Put em in a hat, pull the names and you get what you get....If you play the best in the first game then beat em and move on, if not your done...

I think it is funny that at this age (Shetland) coaches would wait to look at the bracket or name which team it is.....Put em in a hat, pull the names and you get what you get....If you play the best in the first game then beat em and move on, if not your done...

It seems to me, that once you add the score-keeping and record keeping (and qualification for state tournament), the tournament turns competitive.  Once the level of "competition" is established, the rest takes care of itself.

Now, rather than question coaches who, placed in a competitive environment, respond appropriately, the real question to me is how much baseball is too much for a 6 year old?  My kid is on one of these teams and, if we win this tournament, the next one is in mid-July.  By the time that is over, 1/2 the summer is over.  I did that in youth baseball, but not when I was 6.  I think it is a lot of baseball for kids this age. 

What I would say about that is that if I ask a kid whatever the age to give me everything he has to give on the field then as a coach I should do everything I can to give the kid every advantage I can.

Only 2 days away..

All we did was hit against them for 2 plus hours.  But we did hit the ball well at times and had many more hits than outs.  They were talking stuff to our kids as well as we were hitting many hard balls at them.  It was fun for the dads and the kids too!!!!!  This is about the kids right!!!!! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder