England vs US

no landycakes... if he had been there, the score would've probably been... 2-0 england    ;D

Well I think atleast the US would have gotten atleast more than 1 shot on goal had he been there... Bradley waited too long to sub in Freddy and Maurice... Oh well...

Spain next week, another rape against the US

Then Argentina, same result...

As a coach, it's hard for me to take shots at a coach...But come on, Bob!!!  Josh Wolf and Eddie Johnson up front?!?!?!  That's like giving someone notebook paper and scotch tape and asking them to make a rain coat.  They might assemble something that looks like a rain coat, but it ain't gonna work.  Josh Wolff.  Really?  I'm only some yahoo who played JUCO soccer and I can tell you that Josh Wolff IS NOT GOOD ON THE INTERNATIONAL LEVEL.  HE WASN'T YESTERDAY.  HE AIN'T TODAY.  AND HE WON'T BE TOMORROW!  Stop wasting valuable minutes versus quality opponents with wasn't-ain't-won'ters!  

Speaking of wasting time - Eddie Lewis?!?!  First off, the dude is 34!  Do we really think he'll be a contributor over the next couple of years of World Cup Qualifying?!  

And Nate Jaqua in the 89th minute?  Since he's out of contract, are you just trying to get him a job somewhere, Bob?  Or did you think that Eddie Johnson would score a goal for the first time in any type of a competitive match in almost a year?

And for a team that - and everybody knows this by now - lives off of the counter attack, corner, and set piece, you might want to find someone who can actually put a ball where it might be considered at least a wee bit dangerous.  What the %$@ was Demarcus Beasley doing taking the free-kicks ??!?!?!  How many hit the wall or the first defender?!?!?  Did any find an American target?!?!!

Things better get better quick!

...and Lil Bradley and Rico Clark are both D-mids.  Having both of them together in the middle of the field destroys any chance of possesion or creativity.  If there is no forward who can link up with them...you get long balls to guys who can't hold on to the ball or take anyone on 1v1.  Granted facing a midfield of Beckham, Lampard, Hargreaves, and Gerrard might be the best midfield the US has EVER faced, but it seemed as if RoboBob conceded the middle of the pitch from the start.

Sure we're gonna beat El Salvador, St. Kits, T&T, etc. in CONCACAF qualifying, but is that the point?  Just making the World Cup?

i'd really like to see jozy up front.  it seems like our forwards are generally ineffective these days.  this is what i'm wondering... why not have dempsey and donovan in the central mid.  we don't have anyone who can effectively replace them in the middle, but we have several players who could go up top and finish IF they had those two quality players in the middle feeding them.  As it is, it seems like at least one of them is always up top, wasting away as the other is overrun in the midfield because he doesn't have another quality central midfielder next to him.  I'm just spitballing here, so let me know what you think.

I don't think Dempsey's defending is adequate enough to put him as a true center mid.  I think he's better suited as a withdrawn forward / attacking center mid in a 4-2-3-1 or paired up with someone like Adu in a 4-3-2-1 so that he can make runs at people, distribute the ball wide, or finish a cross or two with his well timed runs.  He's not too bad out wide either.

Donovan doesn't like playing center mid.  He's much more comfortable out wide or up front.

I don't know if Jozy is the answer yet or not.  From the few games I've watched him play this year, he seems to get a little too emotional and almost gets baited too easily.  And this is by MLS defenders - not Materazzi bringing up his sister and whatnot.

I think the real problem lies in our youth system.  It emphasizes winning and not development.  Results over creativity.  American players are very lacking the creativity department.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder