West Brook Ranked #25 In Texas

That's great for WB

West Brook, Memorial, and West Orange Stark will gain allot playing each other next week along with teams like FriendsWood, TexasCity?, Chavez, and the other 10 schools at TC 7on7. Newton and Kirbyville along West Brook, WOS could give the Commutiy two State Champion Ships coming home for 2008. West Brook has a long road getting out of Houston but than are on the right track. Newton and Kirbyville should go a long way. Memorial just needs time. The Med-county teams just need to work hard all summer. West Orange Stark is there, Its hard for most fans in 3a seeing a school like WOS not wining state. But when you look at Dayton list year going as for as than did out of the Houston area and seeing Lumberton with Dayton walking over those Galveston teams keep in mind where I'm going, WOS has had the better hand of larger schools with good programs for last five years (Bay City and Dayton) with enrollment higher than WOS. An Dayton theirs no shoots at you. Because, you missed a few, talks I had with Galveston Co. folks. TC than did not understand Dayton  playing players bothways (best of the best and low enrollment).There comments were sad faces and other comments were we got beat by a good team. Which for that District had four teams of TC,Dickinson,Friendswood,and LM finshing up. (less than on avg 3 points in scoring on a round robin of four teams). There's not much difference between top 4a and top 3a. But there is in 4a to 5a I do not have numbers with me but off hand theres got to be a higher count between 3a and 4a schools than 4a and 5a count in number of schools.Teams like LH, Cureo, Brownwood, Gilmer, LaVega, and Celina can play at any four 4a level for the last ten years and Brownwood just came down from 4a for 08.

It takes a good program as a Leader (a headcoach and his coaching staff and time to build a winner). For a program to work as Barbays and Hooks to work. Just look at WB Coach Stump! Some programs die off for years but if its deep in School History an being Community driven. Good Coach's come after good coach's leave (money helps also getting coach's). Good teams have to play better teams to improve and schools in our area that I've leftout have had good programs in past years Sisbee, Orangefield and Bridge City are very good examples. Jasper is on a rebound from a coach leaving and then coming back. WOS was down for few years between a def.cord. leaving and coming back. Some of the Beaumont Schools merging over the years have misplaced school and Community history. I see this happening more in the future because Eco's from schools loosing industry a cross the State and our Nation as a hole. I may make schools in Orange county nerve's on this subject along with Evadale, Sisbee, Buda,Dewyville and Vidor but if (when two paper mills close what will happen to LCM and Evadale schools).

I always read the topics from the rest of you over the years,I just started writing the other day on the video from the dawg fan from Jasper.

I do like high school football and pull for all the Golden Triangle schools.

Rember good programs are build overtime and fall,an are rebuild again and again. Schools change names from combining but the Family (house) has to stay together as community.

Good luck to all in 2008. But just little Extra for the Mustangs of West Orange Stark. 

The offense is loaded.  I went to the spring game Thursday and was really impressed with the passing game.  Lopez is going to reek havoc in the open field.  The defense is very fast up front and has a real physical strong safety that's going to be a sophomore this season.  The cornerback position is going to be the Achilles heel once again this season.  We have great athletes at the CB position, but it doesn't translate to the field.  Hopefully they will get better during 7 on 7.  Can't wait for August to get here.

It's a doggone shame that the pretty ranking will be finished before district starts.

West Brook is going to shoot down Central's air force option attack.  The Bruins will be all over the run again this season, to beat them you will have to be able to pass.  With a WR playing QB, I don't know how effective the Jags passing game will be.

I don't know who's defense will be worse:  PAM and their girlie 3-3-5 scheme or WB having to replace 9 starters with some of the WR's going both ways.  Those grown men on Wallisville Rd. run out of the I with a TE who's a highly sought recruit.  Power teams continue to be WB and especially PAM's Achilles heal.....

I don't know who's defense will be worse:  PAM and their girlie 3-3-5 scheme or WB having to replace 9 starters with some of the WR's going both ways.  Those grown men on Wallisville Rd. run out of the I with a TE who's a highly sought recruit.  Power teams continue to be WB and especially PAM's Achilles heal.....

Actually West Brook only has to replace 5 starters.  Also the only WR that went both ways was Garrett, but Soph to be Keontay Batiste will fill that Safety spot quite nicely.  The defense looked great to me.  The front seven is fast and physical.  The only problem is the technique of the corners.  Both Safeties are ball hawks this year and hopefully they will help out on the deep ball.  Da Sho is the team to beat in our district, but they will be in for a battle when the Bruins come to town.

Actually West Brook only has to replace 5 starters.  Also the only WR that went both ways was Garrett, but Soph to be Keontay Batiste will fill that Safety spot quite nicely.  The defense looked great to me.  The front seven is fast and physical.  The only problem is the technique of the corners.  Both Safeties are ball hawks this year and hopefully they will help out on the deep ball.  Da Sho is the team to beat in our district, but they will be in for a battle when the Bruins come to town.

If WB had 2/3rds of the students like it use to, I'd give WB a puncher's chance.  NS is on like a 60+ district game winning streak and I don't see it ending no time soon.  The UIL is just replacing DP and LP with WB and PAM but with the same result(I don't count Pasadena ISD just like Goose Creek and C'view won't matter either)

As I said before, I felt like some of those teams that are ranked ahead of WB are overrated. I certainly believe that WB has one of the toughest schedules in the state, and we should get some credit for that. NS is probably the only school with a tougher schedule than WB's. However, it's gonna be fun watching to see who rises to the top and lives up to the rankings! ;)

Don't forget about Eisenhower. They suppose to have 9 D-1 players on that squad.

QB Kenny Guyton  6'3 190 Sr Aldine Eisenhower 

RB/KR Curtis McGregor  5'10 205 Sr Aldine Eisenhower 

WR Greg Timmons  6'3 195 Sr Aldine Eisenhower 

WR Jazman Reynolds  6'4 180 Sr Aldine Eisenhower 

DT Jay Guy  6'3 310 Jr Aldine Eisenhower 

DE Marcus Thompson  5'10 220 Sr Aldine Eisenhower

DB Brandon Boyd 6'0 195 Sr Aldine Eisenhower

DB Craig Loston  6'3 185 Sr Aldine Eisenhower 

K Oscar Ortez  5'6 155 Sr Aldine Eisenhower 

Don't forget about Eisenhower. They suppose to have 9 D-1 players on that squad.

QB Kenny Guyton  6'3 190 Sr Aldine Eisenhower 

RB/KR Curtis McGregor  5'10 205 Sr Aldine Eisenhower 

WR Greg Timmons  6'3 195 Sr Aldine Eisenhower 

WR Jazman Reynolds  6'4 180 Sr Aldine Eisenhower 

DT Jay Guy  6'3 310 Jr Aldine Eisenhower 

DE Marcus Thompson  5'10 220 Sr Aldine Eisenhower

DB Brandon Boyd 6'0 195 Sr Aldine Eisenhower

DB Craig Loston  6'3 185 Sr Aldine Eisenhower 

K Oscar Ortez  5'6 155 Sr Aldine Eisenhower 

This kid is all world!  He covers like a blanket and hits like a truck.  Some people say he's the best highschool Safety in the Country.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder