Umpires All-Star Game?????

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is. The local TASO Umpire chapter is going to host an Allstar game at Vincent Beck on Saturday June 14th. There are going to be 2 games at present one for seniors who have graduated and one for underclassman. Tickets will be 5.00 and will go to help fund our Schlorship fund. Last year we presented seven one thousand dollar schlorships to local ball players. The only way we can make this a huge success if you the fan come out to the ball park and support our fund. Tickets are available now. If you contact me through this website I can give you info on buying advanced tickets.

MrUmp1

Will the players get a chance to practice, besides on their on?  Will they get any other information from their Coaches?

I really don't know, but the main thing is have a fun day and raise some money for the schorlarship fund. Everybody wins.

There are certain rules UIL for the underclassman game so the umpire chapter is picking the coaches which cannot be current coaches. Current coaches can coach the senior game. I will say again this is not about winning or losing this game , it is about raising money to give back to the same kids for college scholarships

Just a suggestion for the future.  I think if you play the games during the week on two nights during this time of year, more of the players would be available to play. (I know of two players that were asked to play but were committed on that weekend as they are on most weekends this time of year.)  I know I would pay to attend both games during a week resulting in more money for the fund.  Just an idea!

Just a suggestion for the future.  I think if you play the games during the week on two nights during this time of year, more of the players would be available to play. (I know of two players that were asked to play but were committed on that weekend as they are on most weekends this time of year.)   I know I would pay to attend both games during a week resulting in more money for the fund.  Just an idea!

At this time, what we are more intrested in, is having enough people to work to put this on. There is more than just a couple of games being played. Having it on a Saturday gives us a bigger pool of our members that can work.

Guest Bulldog

i graduated last year and my coach left so how would i get nominated?

I believe it's just for 2008 Seniors and below........

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder