**Dan R Hooks Stadium Passes**

NOW.

Well guys' date=' we came.....we saw....we conquered!!!!!!!!

The "lady" on the school board made an a$$ out of herself on all the channels. :lol:

Im glad this happened, this is very deserving for coach Hooks.

:wink:

[b']Welcome to DAN R. HOOKS STADIUM HOME OF THE MIGHTY MUSTANGS

www.kfdm.com Sports

WO-C Board Renames Football Stadium After Dan Hooks

The West Orange Cove school board has voted to rename Mustang Stadium after the legendary West Orange Stark High School football coach Dan Hooks.

The renaming takes effect immediately.

The vote at Monday night's board meeting was 5-1. One trustee was absent.

School board member Shirley Martin voted against renaming the stadium after Hooks.

Hooks' teams have won two state championships in his 28 years at West Orange Stark, and they've played in two more championship games.

Martin is concerned about the process for renaming the stadium.

She says the community hasn't had a chance to offer its opinion.

"I don't have a problem with Mr. Hooks," Martin told KFDM News last Friday. "But he's done nothing different than any coach that gets paid. I don't know a coach that would wake up and say 'give me a job because I want a losing team.'"

Coach Hooks didn't attend Monday night's board meeting, but last Friday, Hooks told KFDM News he would be proud to see a stadium named after him, but it wouldn't affect how he coaches the team this year.

"The board makes the policies here, and whatever they say we'll do," said Hooks. "And if it's Dan Hooks Stadium we'll play, and if it's Mustang Stadium we'll play out there. So we're gonna go ahead with our business and this would just be icing on the cake if it happens."

Coach Hooks told us he's just happy to have the chance to see a stadium named after him while he's still alive.

6 News reporter Camille Briggs covered Monday night's meeting. Watch for her report on 6 News Tonight at 10.

shirley martin didnt stand a chance against me, gostangs, and kicker. we made sure the board heard from the real community that cared, not just someone from a grocery store. I really enjoyed the part where she kept saying she didnt have anything against coach hooks that it was just how it was done. "Its not the who or why its the how". what a moron. a few minutes later another board member point out that if she checked the minutes from the last meeting she specifically spoke of non-tax payer and not living within the district. talk about open mouth and inserting foot.

Kicker that was an example of the lesson i told you my dad taught me. better to let them think your a moron than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Congrats to coach hooks for this is a great honor that he deserves. :D

shirley martin didnt stand a chance against me' date=' gostangs, and kicker. we made sure the board heard from the real community that cared, not just someone from a grocery store. I really enjoyed the part where she kept saying she didnt have anything against coach hooks that it was just how it was done. "Its not the who or why its the how". what a moron. a few minutes later another board member point out that if she checked the minutes from the last meeting she specifically spoke of non-tax payer and not living within the district. talk about open mouth and inserting foot.

Kicker that was an example of the lesson i told you my dad taught me. better to let them think your a moron than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Congrats to coach hooks for this is a great honor that he deserves. :D[/quote']

Well he** yeah, you did great. So did everyone else. Except for the lady that was recruited to speak against it. I think she started her speech with"I didnt go to school here" or something like that. Yeah, thats how you speak to the school board :roll: :lol:

Congrats Coach Hooks!!!!! :wink:

Guest GoStangs

Kicker and 84, I thought you all did a great job. I was also impressed with Ms. Hancock's speech -- it was very well done. The board did the right thing tonight, and I was happy it went so well. :D

Kicker and 84' date=' I thought you all did a great job. I was also impressed with Ms. Hancock's speech -- it was very well done. The board did the right thing tonight, and I was happy it went so well. :D[/quote']

I know why you liked Ms. Hancocks speech! :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami