Dupont Outfall

What's the Dupont Outfall holding this time of year?  Last year we hit it at the end of the summer and did well on the Reds and Flounder.  I was curious as to what the fishing was like this time of year at the outfall.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't it up/north on the Sabine River from Sabine Lake about half way between Cow Bayou and the Port of Orange?

Yeah, thats the spot.  You can't miss it because of all the boats that will be crowded in there. Plus you have to fight the alligators for position.  The gators are pretty impressive to watch.  They generally catch more fish than you will, since they do it for a living and all.  Kids usually have a good time watching them.  I brought my 7yr old down there last year and he loved it.  Its a good place to bring kids because the fish are usually biting steady and it keeps the kids busy. 

But, man it is a hot spot.  The bait gets stacked in there and the flounder and reds feast on it.  Bring your cast net and you usually get all the bait you need on one cast.  Just troll up to the fence and throw. 

I've never hit it this early in the year, so I was wondering what the fishing was like right now if anyone has been down there.

• 2 months later...

Not much luck this morning.  Fished early; about 6am to noon.  Plenty of bait in the water, lots of gators, but the fish weren't biting.  Maybe it turned on later in the day.  Several boats were out there, and it didn't look like any of us had any luck.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder