13-1 Cardinals snubbed by 21-3A

if i remember correctly when i listened to the interview with coach bryant the night before the HJ/BC game-he said they were treating tomorrow nights game like a playoff game. to say that game was pointless is rediculous. any one who has seen monse play can tell you how amazing of a ball player he is. he makes the incredible plays and no matter what he finds a way on base. (whether that be a 400 ft. bomb or a 3 ft. bunt.) you may know i am from HJ so maybe this is biased. but i will say that Jackson and Bronson are both great baseball players and well deserving of MVP. but this is the craziest thing i have ever heard. and worse-from adults. congratulate monse and quit trying to take his award. this ticks me off. ill go ahead and let you know that i am HJ's catcher. i didnt get 1st or 2nd team and im not butt hurt. congrats to Phelts. congrats to Jackson. and congrats to HF's Catcher. they deserve it. but seriously-yall are pitiful. these are individual awards and Monse has the stats to back it up. if there was a "first team all district really good team award" im sure BC would take the cake. its very impressive to go almost undefeated in this district. but quit jumpin all over a 18 year olds case and support your team through the playoffs.

Gabe,

I love the work you do for our area athletes, but this article was totally uncalled for.

1.  Who would you take off the current list to add a BC player?

2. To get MVP, your coach must first nominate you for the award..... Check who BC nominated

3.  To say the BC/HJ game meant nothing to the cardinals is a slight to a BC team that tries their best to win everygame they play in!  Coach Bryant has too much pride for that.

4. Superlatives are not given based on team records...

(Why the heck do so many pro players win MVP who are not on first place teams)

They are given based on individual performance.

Ding ding ding  you are the winner.  Everyone please read number 2 and that should answer all the questions about this MVP pick.

if i remember correctly when i listened to the interview with coach bryant the night before the HJ/BC game-he said they were treating tomorrow nights game like a playoff game. to say that game was pointless is rediculous. any one who has seen monse play can tell you how amazing of a ball player he is. he makes the incredible plays and no matter what he finds a way on base. (whether that be a 400 ft. bomb or a 3 ft. bunt.) you may know i am from HJ so maybe this is biased. but i will say that Jackson and Bronson are both great baseball players and well deserving of MVP. but this is the craziest thing i have ever heard. and worse-from adults. congratulate monse and quit trying to take his award. this ticks me off. ill go ahead and let you know that i am HJ's catcher. i didnt get 1st or 2nd team and im not butt hurt. congrats to Phelts. congrats to Jackson. and congrats to HF's Catcher. they deserve it. but seriously-yall are pitiful. these are individual awards and Monse has the stats to back it up. if there was a "first team all district really good team award" im sure BC would take the cake. its very impressive to go almost undefeated in this district. but quit jumpin all over a 18 year olds case and support your team through the playoffs.

well put cownbread, i agree with what you said.  however its unreasonable to think that no one from bc will have a legit argument about this like gabe did.  look at any sport in setx....now lets think about one all district selection that involved a case like this where the district winner didnt have one person on the superlative list...i challenge any person on this whole board to find one, i'll bet my foot you cant do it.  i wonder what would happen if depauldrick garrett didnt get on the superlative list after football season...THIS WHOLE SITE WOULD EXPLODE FROM ALL THE CHAOS THAT WOULD FOLLOW!  can you imagine an ozen player not getting such an award after basketball season?? its usually a trend. most coaches say that " with team accomplishments come individual accolades" ....well not this time

however consider this, what does an all district selection mean? i mean seriously...its a way to recognize players from every team in the district.  and i applaud this years idea of cutting back on all the spots, there used to be honorable mention, which is just a way at putting more names on there, and really takes away from the value of being selected.  last year i got 2nd team all district dh...and my reaction was "cool" and thats about it because i knew that it was just a way at putting my name on there.  all district picks really dont carry a lot of weight unless you're looking for a big scholarship or something.  if there were just a handful of players selected and a bc player didnt make it then i could see getting all bent out of shape, but at the end of the day, the names i looked for were on there, and im sure thats enough for them too

you people in orange county are just never happy...how can you argue that when the best pitcher and  one of top 3 hitters(not sure on numbers may be better) in the district get district MVP, how can you say that he not deserving of the MVP....when the othere to players played agianst HJ they didnt do much of anything(jackson and bronson) but when monse played agianst the other teams he had great games if i remember correctly...sounds like the right choice was made to me.

Guest Orangeboy

BC people need to shift their focus to the playoffs and off of this crap. All but one of your starters were recognized in some way. That is better than any other team in the district. When its all said and done, 5 years from now none of us will remeber who made this team other than the boys on the list. It was another exciting year in 21-3A and I'm glad I got to see some great baseball played. Best of luck to all 3 of our teams in the playoffs, and here's to hoping you all meet each other there.

WOW! I wonder who leaked the info.  Usually coaches keep the picks in confidentiality until all teams are out of the playoffs.  As for the article, these are the coaches' picks.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this is obviosly who they (a group of men who have charted every player in the district at least two times) chose to represent their district as MVP. Congrats to Monse.  He is a deserving young man.

My one and only job to do is to protect and have an opinion on the teams I cover, BC falls into that category.

I respect every team in the area but BC, OF, WOS, LCM, Deweyville and Vidor are my first priorities.

Sorry to disappoint anyone but I only meant to represent the teams I cover

ok, i have no problem with you representing the teams you cover, but that doesn't mean you have to disrespect other teams, and say that games were meaningless or that some players shouldn't be recognized or given awards...

I think that a few of the things you said in your article was Classless...