OZEN VS LUMBERTON

Mine understanding is that when a baseball game is rained out/postponed due to weather, UIL rules state the game MUST be played on the next available day.  Just wondering why the game is not being played today?  The fields all should/could be prepared to play sometime Saturday.

well this is what it sounds like to me. ozen wont's to put this game off.... they play vidor Tuesday that means they can pitch lott or whoever. then if they lose it doesn't matter about the lumberton game. but if they win then they still have a chance to make playoffs. i am not sure who they play Friday but if they win Friday then they could play lumberton. there field is ready because i went and look at their field and it can be played on. just an excuse............................................................................................... play ball ozen.

Guest Pirate V Ball

Because now they will pitch their #2 against Lumberton and DD against us, Vidor. I even over heard a Vidor Coach saying it.

Because now they will pitch their #2 against Lumberton and DD against us, Vidor. I even over heard a Vidor Coach saying it.

Looks like you posted before they announced Ozen has to play on Monday. OK tell me if I am correct here. If Nederland looses today we are guarenteed to go to the playoffs. The way I see it the worst we could have is 5 losses. Ans that is the best that Nederland can do if they loosed today. Since we beat them twice we are in, Correct?

Looks like you posted before they announced Ozen has to play on Monday. OK tell me if I am correct here. If Nederland looses today we are guarenteed to go to the playoffs. The way I see it the worst we could have is 5 losses. Ans that is the best that Nederland can do if they loosed today. Since we beat them twice we are in, Correct?

what about ozen if they win out they will have only 5 losses correct

Regardless to when Ozen play on saturday or monday D.D. Lott is

not going to pitch until tuesday against Vidor.  Johnson or Taylor

will probably pitch against Lumberton.

If this happens then you are not playing to win a playoff spot.  If DD pitches Monday and you win then he can also pitch Friday on short rest.  I'd rather have him for two games instead of one this week.  Don't underestimate any team.  The Vidor game doesn't matter if you don't win Monday.  Josh Gardiner can pitch well enough to compete with Vidor.

Yeah I agree with Ballin4life.  And they also have to play defense when Lott is NOT on the mound, which means they need to focus on getting the win against Lumberton.  Take one game at a time and HIT THE BALL.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is obvious that Ozen can get the job done with whom ever they pitch with good defense behind them,

and they hit the ball. I also think that its to much inference on when Lott pitch.Bottom line '' JUST GET THE JOB DONE ''.

Well I agree with you again Ballin4life, to the extent that Ozen need to just get the job done, but you have to admit that they should go with their best against Vidor with Lott pitching.  But my thing is, they should not be focusing on Vidor at this point, they should be consentrating on getting the win against Lumberton tonight in which Lott is most likely not to pitch, and the same focus should be applied for whomever will be pitching.  Back them up with good defense and HIT THE BALL.  And carry over the same on Tuesday, because Ozen will have a good chance thereafter.

Well I agree with you again Ballin4life, to the extent that Ozen need to just get the job done, but you have to admit that they should go with their best against Vidor with Lott pitching.  But my thing is, they should not be focusing on Vidor at this point, they should be consentrating on getting the win against Lumberton tonight in which Lott is most likely not to pitch, and the same focus should be applied for whomever will be pitching.  Back them up with good defense and HIT THE BALL.  And carry over the same on Tuesday, because Ozen will have a good chance thereafter.

well said, I think Gardiner is just as good as Lott

Well I have alot of respect for Gardiner too, but I would start with the ACE in which I am sure is Lott, ( they need Gardiner on defense behind that good pitching) but to be honest, when I think about it I would try to save them both for Vidor in case  Lott need Gardner to come in to relief.  I have confidence in both do doubt because they both can be some beasts on that mound.  Just hope that Taylor or Johnson can get them a win against Lumberton and these two other pitchers can be saved for Tuesday's game.  Either way, just hope that they take care of business and give themselves a chance at winning.  Would really like to see this team go into the playoffs.  I think that Gardiner & Lott always have carried this team, but the team as a whole is the most improved team in this district which says alot for the other teammates.  I will be following them for sure.

If Head to head is the rule in the 4A District.

It is not.  If you are tied you must play the next day.  Any speculation as to who will end up where at second and third is just that.  It could end up in a three way tie.  LCM/Vidor, Ned., Ozen.  How about that double header on Saturday.

If Head to head is the rule in the 4A District.

It is not.  If you are tied you must play the next day.  Any speculation as to who will end up where at second and third is just that.  It could end up in a three way tie.  LCM/Vidor, Ned., Ozen.  How about that double header on Saturday.

Sounds like fun, but hopefully we will be watching a playoff from the sidelines! Of course it would be because we had already clinched! One more note, bring on Lott! Our destiny is in our own hands not in OZENS. If we come to play, we have the talent to beat any team on any given night! Again, it is ours to win or loose!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder