*LC-M vs. PN-G/11-1 PN-G Wins/Comments*

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give my props to the Indians.  They played a great game, and Harrington pitched a great game as well.

What about my Bears?  I can't say a whole lot, and as it is, I am sure that coaches Griff and Stephenson have already said it.  They know what their strengths are, and what they have to work on.  Our Bears will come out of this, and be ready for their next opponent.

As for me, I will still be out there screaming for our team, because I am a fan, no, a fanatic, and have every confidence that the Battlin' Bears will be doing exactly that for the rest of the season.

I will give my props to the Indians.  They played a great game, and Harrington pitched a great game as well.

What about my Bears?  I can't say a whole lot, and as it is, I am sure that coaches Griff and Stephenson have already said it.  They know what their strengths are, and what they have to work on.  Our Bears will come out of this, and be ready for their next opponent.

As for me, I will still be out there screaming for our team, because I am a fan, no, a fanatic, and have every confidence that the Battlin' Bears will be doing exactly that for the rest of the season.

Excellent post....ElHector. This forum needs more like-minded individuals....and the same for bear fan.

Best of luck to LCM the rest of the way. The Harrington kid is for real.

First i would like to congrat png on there win, harringtons curve had them looking goofy.

Second i would like to apologize for the man with the glasses and the knee high socks making a fool of himself and the fans for lcm.

One question. Where was pizza man brown?

Where are all the knowledgable LCM fans who posted after the Central game about the Bears saving pitching?

That person was mistaken.  We threw one of the best we have at Central.  Just like Nederland did tonight.  Central is dangerous.  I bet after losing to Central last year and escaping with a one run victory this year, they will agree.  And didn't Central play Vidor close?

PNG played very well and LCM not so well. Harrington was very solid tonite. Worked ahead on every batter. On a good note for LCM, Wadell (soph) and Thompson threw pretty well in relief against some hot PNG bats. Good job PNG. LCM will recover and finish strong this second half.

First i would like to congrat png on there win, harringtons curve had them looking goofy.

Second i would like to apologize for the man with the glasses and the knee high socks making a fool of himself and the fans for lcm.

One question. Where was pizza man brown?

The kids say Brown is the starter next game.  That puts him starting against Ozen, Nederland, and Vidor I believe.  He could relieve some on Tuesdays but not tonight.

Hey, this is a crazy district and it's not over by any means. Hopefully everything stays tasteful on here and congrats to my NDNS. LCM will bounce back I promise you. Harrington has to be one of the top pitchers in the golden triangle/Houston area.  Eveyone keep your heads up because there's teams left in the district that want it just as bad. Everyone have a good rest of the week.

PN-G run-rules LC-M, 11-1 in 6

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

LITTLE CYPRESS — So much for the hyped battle at Don Gibbens Field that was supposed to take place Tuesday night between the Little Cypress-Mauriceville Battlin’ Bears and Port Neches-Groves Indians.

Behind a very impressive outing from Erik Harrington, the Indians shutdown a high-powered Bears’ offense, 11-1 in six innings.

Harrington threw all six innings and needed just 70 pitches to pick up the win for the Indians who moved to 16-4 overall and 8-1 in District 22-4A to hold first place all alone.

The Bears are now 20-4 and 7-2 in district action. Vidor defeated Lumberton 10-4 Tuesday to force a two-way tie between the Pirates (7-2) and Bears.

Harrington gave up just three hits, one run and one walk while striking out 10 batters.

“I am never going to back down from anybody,†Harrington said. “I was able to come out tonight and throw my best. We wanted to come out early and put these guys away because we knew they could hit here at their field.â€

LC-M Coach Steve Griffith has seen his team have two lackluster performances with a close 10-7 win over Central on Monday and then Tuesday’s loss to PN-G.

“We haven’t fared too well in the last 48 hours,†Griffith said. “We just have to get things going in the right direction. I think on Monday we were looking for to the Indians and tonight (Tuesday) we just rolled in and didn’t get it done.â€

The Indians hit three home runs against the Bears on Tuesday with catcher Jon Carnahan slamming his in the first giving the Indians a 2-0 lead. Harrington had led off the game with a single.

After PN-G tacked on another run on a RBI double by Kane Benoit in the top of the third, Ben Jones produced LC-M’s lone run in the bottom of the inning.

Jones slugged a solo homer to left field off Harrington, the pitcher’s first allowed homer this season.

The Indians exploded for five runs in the top of the fourth on four hits and two LC-M errors.

Nathan Minshew led off with a walk and two batters later Harrington took a 1-0 pitch over the left field fence to make it 5-0.

Blake Reyenga scored on a wild pitch before Benoit made it 7-0 when Jacob Lynch hit a RBI single. Mitch Todd also came in to score on the play on a Bears’ throwing error to make it 8-1 in the middle of the fourth.

PN-G Coach Jay Stone was shocked with the outcome of the game, watching his team run-rule a squad known for slugging baseballs at a fast pace.

“LC-M has numerous hitters who can hit the ball and hit it long,†Stone said. “Even when we were up 8-1, I was never relaxed because I know how good they are on offense. Erik’s performance tonight is just consistent with the way he has worked all season.â€

Jerin Spikes put the final nail in the coffin in the top of the sixth with a three-run bomb to center field. Both Todd and Lynch had reached base on singles.

The Bears return to action Friday when they travel to face the Beaumont Ozen Panthers, who won 6-4 over Dayton Tuesday.

“The games with the likes of PN-G are the games we would like to get wins,†Griffith said. “Ozen is always a team where we have to get the win and now after tonight we have to win on Friday.â€

The Indians will square off against Mid-County rival Nederland who defeated Central 5-4 Tuesday to move to 5-4 in the district standings.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder