hemphill upsets central heights

I know Central Heights is ranked very high but I saw Hemphill play in the Jasper tourny and they have a very solid baseball team. Don't know if I would call this an upset but just my opinion.

that is true... we played them 2 weeks ago and they hit the ball 1-9 there is not a weak spot in their lineup

Perfect example that good pitching is good pitching no matter if it's 5a or 1a.  Alto, a 1a team, beat Hemphill earlier in the year allowing only 2 runs, which I'm guesing is Hemphill's lowest output of the year.  They had maybe a handful of hits, if that.  Alto pitched a kid that may go in the upcoming draft for 5 innings and a left-handed kid that is nasty the final 2.  They both combined for over 10 K's in the game.

But I will definately give Hemphill props, easily the best team we have faced this year, they had some monster looking kids in the lineup.

Alto is 11-1 on the year, 5-0 in district.  In 12 games, we have allowed just 29 runs ( little over 2 per game )

To upset someone you are considered an sub par team, Hemphill is loaded.  You must not compare preseason games to district games.  Early in the season coaches play players in different positions and do different things that they would not do in district play. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317