How is BOJO looking for the 2008 season ?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it will be a long season for the Bears.  Good luck to all

what's new?  moody has HOW MANY returning varsity & JV coaches?....& this is hOW MANY years in a row for his coaching staff turn over? hhhuuummmm...what is the common factor year after year?

I believe it will be a long season for the Bears.  Good luck to all

what's new?  moody has HOW MANY returning varsity & JV coaches?....& this is hOW MANY years in a row for his coaching staff turn over? hhhuuummmm...what is the common factor year after year?

No different for the teacher turnover, there are alot that leave every year.

I hear talk about dedication and hard work and busting butts......My question is, ow many of those kids ran track?  If you do not have those kids on the track in the spring, you are not going to get faster.  Speed wins games.  If you cannot run, you cannot win and especially down there.  I do not know much about the current LC-M situation but I can can speak with some authority about the overall mind set of the community.  It is voiced here in the idea that the 3rd teamerrs should play because they work hard.  That ain't how it works.  As a coach, you have to give the team the best chance to win.  There is a reason they are 3rd teamers.  It is also the coaches job to motivate those starters to do what is right.  If the coach is not allowed to do what it takes because a parent may be in the Supt. office wondering why baby is being disciplined and an "elementary approach" is seen as the best measure, then the coaches hands are tied.  But like I said, that is the mind set of the community.

I don't think any of the people here beleive that "3rd teamers" should start simply because of hard work...the element of having your best guys out there comes into play.  However, if your "best guys" have oddles of talent and no commitment, and no work ethic, then you must find a way to give them some.  Look at it in your workplace...if you have a guy who is "boss' favorite" and he has no incentive to work hard, why should he?  How does that affect you?  Do you want to strive to do your best, if the house mouse will always get the best and you get the leftovers? 

It translates the same way to a team.  If the starters aren't afraid of being demoted to 2nd or 3rd string, what motiviates them?  If they feel there is a guarantee of a starting spot, why work hard?  In football, you have to leave the field wide open for advancement.  The "3rd teamer" must be almost as good as the first string.  That is good coaching.  Anyone can take a talented kid and let him play.  It takes a heck of a coach to take a raw kid, with little talent, and create a football monster.  It takes dedication on the part of the parents, the coach, and the kid.  However, the opportunity to move up MUST be there.  And playing lazy kids just because they have decent talent brings down a team. 

Now before all the first string parents jump my case, if your kid is hitting the weight room, running, and doing all the rest of the things necessary to excel, guess what?  I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT YOUR KID!  If, however, your kid knows of a teammate that is there on talent alone, and feels they don't have to work hard, then it needs to be addressed.  There was a kid on last year's team that embodied the work ethic, and it showed on the field.  If you were to look at him, you wouldn't think "bad butt", but on the field, that was exactly what he was to opposing players.  This year's team needs to look at JV as the example of work ethic, and copy and embody that.  All of them, from 1st string to 10th string.  Then, with that example in mind, they can come out and play ball like they should...

WINNING should be enough to motivate an athlete.

I really don't mean this ugly, it really is just a question. You said they should look at the JV for an example of work ethic. Didn't the JV only score one touchdown last year? Now I know that doesn't mean they didn't work hard. But if you have guys that are working so hard that you want to use them as an example and that team only scores one touchdown then you have bigger problems.

I hear talk about dedication and hard work and busting butts......My question is, ow many of those kids ran track?  If you do not have those kids on the track in the spring, you are not going to get faster.  Speed wins games.  If you cannot run, you cannot win and especially down there.  I do not know much about the current LC-M situation but I can can speak with some authority about the overall mind set of the community.  It is voiced here in the idea that the 3rd teamerrs should play because they work hard.  That ain't how it works.  As a coach, you have to give the team the best chance to win.  There is a reason they are 3rd teamers.  It is also the coaches job to motivate those starters to do what is right.  If the coach is not allowed to do what it takes because a parent may be in the Supt. office wondering why baby is being disciplined and an "elementary approach" is seen as the best measure, then the coaches hands are tied.  But like I said, that is the mind set of the community.

I don't think any of the people here beleive that "3rd teamers" should start simply because of hard work...the element of having your best guys out there comes into play.  However, if your "best guys" have oddles of talent and no commitment, and no work ethic, then you must find a way to give them some.  Look at it in your workplace...if you have a guy who is "boss' favorite" and he has no incentive to work hard, why should he?  How does that affect you?  Do you want to strive to do your best, if the house mouse will always get the best and you get the leftovers? 

It translates the same way to a team.  If the starters aren't afraid of being demoted to 2nd or 3rd string, what motiviates them?  If they feel there is a guarantee of a starting spot, why work hard?  In football, you have to leave the field wide open for advancement.  The "3rd teamer" must be almost as good as the first string.  That is good coaching.  Anyone can take a talented kid and let him play.  It takes a heck of a coach to take a raw kid, with little talent, and create a football monster.  It takes dedication on the part of the parents, the coach, and the kid.  However, the opportunity to move up MUST be there.  And playing lazy kids just because they have decent talent brings down a team. 

Now before all the first string parents jump my case, if your kid is hitting the weight room, running, and doing all the rest of the things necessary to excel, guess what?  I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT YOUR KID!  If, however, your kid knows of a teammate that is there on talent alone, and feels they don't have to work hard, then it needs to be addressed.  There was a kid on last year's team that embodied the work ethic, and it showed on the field.  If you were to look at him, you wouldn't think "bad butt", but on the field, that was exactly what he was to opposing players.  This year's team needs to look at JV as the example of work ethic, and copy and embody that.  All of them, from 1st string to 10th string.  Then, with that example in mind, they can come out and play ball like they should...

WINNING should be enough to motivate an athlete.

I really don't mean this ugly, it really is just a question. You said they should look at the JV for an example of work ethic. Didn't the JV only score one touchdown last year? Now I know that doesn't mean they didn't work hard. But if you have guys that are working so hard that you want to use them as an example and that team only scores one touchdown then you have bigger problems.

I see that you were talking about a young man when you said use JV as an example.

Guest STJFL

The question was who has JV's work ethic this  year,  JV was an exception very few ever have his work ethic, and as far as this year I heave not seen any.  There are a some kids that are working, but not like JV.  The sad thing is that even with the hard work the necessary changes were not made.  Looks like another season of dive, sweep, dive, sweep, sweep, dive and then maybe they will sweep.

I have been up at LCM the last couple of days and noticed that there have not been many kids in the field house working out.  The 10-15 that are their are working hard and giving it their all.  These kids should be commended.  I know a lot of students read these message boards.  Where is the rest of the team?  You cannot expect to improve if you do not put in the time and committment.  Our district is tough and nothing is going to be given to you on Friday night.  You have to earn each and every win.  It starts with preparation and off season workouts.  Make time to go to the school.  If you want to win, you have to do it!!  You guys that are doing it, keep up the good work.  You are the strength of the team. 

Its not just LCM bro many are having the same problem including Huffman. Our kids say they are working out at 24 year right. Ha Keep working hard men you are the backbone of your team.

77 don't start any crap and there want be any.  You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Lighten up I'am just funnin with ya.

For real

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder