18-3A: Who makes the playoffs?

Hudson and Carthage should get in. Third is up for grabs. I think Diboll loses two best players. Central should be down. Huntington has most everyone back and should be better. (split with Hudson and Diboll this year) Not sure about Jasper, they are always tough. How many starters are graduating?.......also Center will be tough again......

no-look,

Jasper's has two 1st team all-district players returning (Kwame Spikes/Dominique Bailey) and have some subvarsity kids that are ready to step up. They have committed the off-season to developing 6-5 Matthew Barrows and 6-4 Justin McCullough. Their kids will be starting spring ball soon and the gym is open. Expect Ryan Gaston, Anoir Walker & Brandon Weatherspoon to step and they have a sleeper in guard Jonathan Hadnot (didn't play this season). Expect them to be bigger and faster than the previous team. Their in the weight room and playing ball as much as they can.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After watching the Spring games that the coach has started, I can tell the difference in play in Bailey and Spikes. Both players are on different teams, and you can see why these two players were all-district. Spikes scored 41 points, with his little brother on the same team he had 14, watch out for his little brother in years to come. Bailey has 20 plus points in two games. Coach, make this year happen for these two young players, you can't go wrong by putting the ball in either one of these two players hands.  In my opinion, the starting line up next  year should be Spikes, Bailey, Mccullough, spoon(or gatson), and hadnot.   Spikes has the potential to score deep, deep anywhere on the court, BAILEY has the speed and ability to make any defender miss, I'm looking forward to watch these two players go to the 18-3a district and make the crowd wonder, where these two young men come from.

• 2 months later...

I don't know much about Jasper, so I can't comment, but I have seent the other teams in the district for the last two years.

Hudson - Bring back Thomas Davis and his brother Ja'Lexius.  Always tough to play at home, and should do very well with those two.  Should compete with Jasper for the district championship.

Center - Only losing two starters from a team that was in the playoff chase until the last week.  Post Corey Garrett, who is 6'8, should anchor their defense and his offense continues to improve.  Alex Cloudy is a good PG and has two years of varsity experience.  If Center can win a few tough road games, they should make the playoffs.

Central - Lost Jacolbi Bias, but it's always a challenge to win at Central.  They're guaranteed to go 6-1 at home in district, so picking up a few road wins would give them a chance.

Diboll - Will be talented, and have some decent big men that should help them improve defensively.  If Jacolby Spencer can carry the guards, they may surprise some.

Carthage - Talent, but young talent.  Carthage graduated eight seniors and all five starters.  There will be only 3 returning letterman.  There is talent at the sub-varsity level, but that young talent will be inexperienced.  Also have a new coach.

Huntington - A group that is pretty talented, but lacks athleticism.  Tough to do in this district.  Coach Tim Bartlett is new to the district, but if he can get them to play consistently, they could surprise some too.  Huntington started off district 3-4 last year before losing some tough games and finishing 4-10.

Rusk - If discipline improves (new AD), then Rusk has some athletes that could be dangerous.  JV did fairly well in district last year, and new facilities will have the kids excited about playing basketball.

My prediction: Hudson, Jasper, and Center

Guest A-TOWN

I don't know much about Jasper, so I can't comment, but I have seent the other teams in the district for the last two years.

Hudson - Bring back Thomas Davis and his brother Ja'Lexius.  Always tough to play at home, and should do very well with those two.  Should compete with Jasper for the district championship.

Center - Only losing two starters from a team that was in the playoff chase until the last week.  Post Corey Garrett, who is 6'8, should anchor their defense and his offense continues to improve.  Alex Cloudy is a good PG and has two years of varsity experience.  If Center can win a few tough road games, they should make the playoffs.

Central - Lost Jacolbi Bias, but it's always a challenge to win at Central.  They're guaranteed to go 6-1 at home in district, so picking up a few road wins would give them a chance.

Diboll - Will be talented, and have some decent big men that should help them improve defensively.  If Jacolby Spencer can carry the guards, they may surprise some.

Carthage - Talent, but young talent.  Carthage graduated eight seniors and all five starters.  There will be only 3 returning letterman.  There is talent at the sub-varsity level, but that young talent will be inexperienced.  Also have a new coach.

Huntington - A group that is pretty talented, but lacks athleticism.  Tough to do in this district.  Coach Tim Bartlett is new to the district, but if he can get them to play consistently, they could surprise some too.  Huntington started off district 3-4 last year before losing some tough games and finishing 4-10.

Rusk - If discipline improves (new AD), then Rusk has some athletes that could be dangerous.  JV did fairly well in district last year, and new facilities will have the kids excited about playing basketball.

Jasper

Carthage

Lufkin Hudson

I had Carthage in the playoffs, but didn't know that they lost all starters and with eight seniors......If thats the case I will have to pick Hudson, Huntington and Jasper for playoff spots....(no partictular order)

Jasper....talented guards that can go.

Hudson....almost everyone back.

Huntington....could start three 6'5"s....summer games(for whatever thats worth)...Lost to Hudson by two. Beat a good Lufkin team(split varsity) by 1. beat Diboll by 26....much improved.

Center will be hard to beat......good point guard and a 6'8"

Central Pollock.......will be down and small, but coach Collins will have them competive...

Diboll......Lost a lot to graduation and had a starter to move(so I'm told)

Rusk......should be down, but will have some good athletes..

They may want to go ahead and play the games just in case I'm wrong...lol

Central guaranteed to go 6-1 at home?  Are you saying someone could get homered over there?....lol

no-look,

Jasper's has two 1st team all-district players returning  (Kwame Spikes/Dominique Bailey) and have some subvarsity kids that are ready to step up. They have committed the off-season to developing  6-5 Matthew Barrows and 6-4 Justin McCullough. Their kids will be starting  spring ball soon and the gym is open. Expect Ryan Gaston, Anoir Walker & Brandon Weatherspoon  to step and they have a sleeper in guard Jonathan Hadnot (didn't play this season). Expect them to be bigger and faster than the previous team. Their in the weight room and playing ball as much as they can.

Does Spikes and Bailey play football?

no-look,

Jasper's has two 1st team all-district players returning  (Kwame Spikes/Dominique Bailey) and have some subvarsity kids that are ready to step up. They have committed the off-season to developing  6-5 Matthew Barrows and 6-4 Justin McCullough. Their kids will be starting  spring ball soon and the gym is open. Expect Ryan Gaston, Anoir Walker & Brandon Weatherspoon  to step and they have a sleeper in guard Jonathan Hadnot (didn't play this season). Expect them to be bigger and faster than the previous team. Their in the weight room and playing ball as much as they can.

Does Spikes and Bailey play football?

YES SPIKES AND BAILEY DO PLAY FOOTBALL, BAILEY IS NUMBER 15 QUARTERBACK  AND SPIKES IS NUMBER 10 RECEIVER ON THE  FOOTBALL FIELD, TWO GREAT PLAYERS WITH SPEED.  BAILEY HAS THE GREAT SPEED, AND SPIKES GREAT HANDS.

• 2 weeks later...

Jasper will be tough again.  It seems that every year, Hudson is going to have "the best team they've ever had" or something like that, and then they beat somebody big in predistrict to really get everyone jacked up, but then flame out in district or the first round of the playoffs.  This whole district has the potential to be tough, so it should be interesting...

• 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298