SETXsports PRE SEASON ALL AREA TEAM

MIF04

Jacob Walton is doing great. The kids all seem to like him, they're doing well (16-5). When you got happy kids and you're playing well, what's there not to like?

As far as the post about 2A players, I had asked in an earlier post to give us some names, etc and we'll check 'em out. Still waiting.....

• 2 weeks later...

"Yeah i definately agree there quie a few decent athletes from Vidor that noone has mentioned. They had like6 make all district last year and i havnt heard one person say anything, but maybe thats a good thing because you better watch out for this time they are talented and sneaky. And yeah about Croak and Bunner?? The best middle infielders in the area no doubt just watch them."

Bunner and Croak are both very good athletes. But i think that another athlete that is getting overlooked from Vidor due to the lack of opportunity he has gotten in the field...is the DH Jack Morrison. Morrison has led the team in hitting all year long and nobody has said anything about him. He went 3 for 3 against Clayton Elhert with two doubles and a single. He went 1 for 3 against Zach Harwood with a triple. As well he went 1 for 3 against Nederland with a triple. He hit four pre-season homeruns, one of wich was a walk-off homerun in the orangefield tournament to win the championship game against Ayers of WOS...nobody ever said anything about that. Currently he is batting .375 in the four-hole, with an .825 slg. pct. and has 16 RBIs in district. He, i believe is somebody that more people should look out for.

I know the Vidor kids and they're good players. Are they the best middle infielders in the area? I guess that is pure opinion but, in mine, they are not. Ferguson and Murphy at WB are both over .400 for the year (and Ferguson is .500 or better in district). Both are also solid defensively. Schneider at LCM is a wizare on defense and Riley (from Woodville) may be every bit as good with the glove as him. Both can swing it some as well. Laird at Nederland is also top notch. That is just a few. That's not to say Croak and Bunner aren't good. They are. Again, just a matter of opinion.

Looking over your list I thought I would see how it looks now that the regular season is coming to a close and playoffs are right around the corner:

MIF04 and Admin could probably best answer this:

MVP-Good race Ehlert/Angelle

Newcomer- Jackson-No Brainer

Pitchers- Some on that list are struggling and have a losing record.

Infield: No change looks great on what has been accomplished.

OF- Not sure about Armstrong, but I know one player who has jumped into the fold and that is Cassidy-LCM he would replace Johnson-PNG, Dishon and Mosley OK

C- Has to change from Blake to Rowell.

Utility- Dugas looks good as does McInnis from PNG.

A few others to consider:

Laird-Ned very good player

Powell-PNG on his way back to form

Sparks-WOS a strikeout machine

Coleman-BC just gets the job done

Schooling-Silsbee great young pitcher

Lemoine-LCM solid year at 2nd.

OK let's get the nominations going...........

Well if we had a DH spot it would be Morrison from Vidor but we don't and he would not take anyone's place in positions......MIF04 maybe we should add DH?????

If I am not mistaking they never have had a DH position on the All-District Teams.

no one ever give any nederland players any credit. they must have some good and deserving players or they wouldn't have the record they have.chris laird should be a 1st teamer he's batting way over .500 in district and atleast ,400 something for the whole year.ryan sampere and aaron mcfarland have definitely done their job . mcfarland was in a slump because his coach change his batting stance he was batting .392 until then i think he back on track now . sampere is proably batting .300 sometning. hemke has pitch great all season,and what about ryan butler.so please give some credit where credit is do. yall talk alot about png and they don't even deserve to be in the playoff

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder