Barbers Hill buzzer beater

yodaddy

Guest DickVitale

Central was supposed to make #2 pick it up and pass to someone else, but that was not executed...Great game. Great shot. BH fans were out and rowdy, too. :D

I would say it was more of a great play by #2 than terrible defense.  Hell, they tried to trap him immediately(smart move) and then another defender left his man to help also.  Kid just made a heck of a play.  Sometimes those things happen no matter what you do.

I would say it was more of a great play by #2 than terrible defense.  heck, they tried to trap him immediately(smart move) and then another defender left his man to help also.  Kid just made a heck of a play.  Sometimes those things happen no matter what you do.

First of all, I am not a BH or Central fan and could care less about the game. It was terrible defense. They had the kid in a trap and all you see is one of the defensive kids with his hands high and the offensive kid is dribbling the game. Good grief, thats basic basketball 101. But I give it to #2 (?) for a good heads up play.

Our defense was letting them get in the paint the whole game.  This was no exception.  The way this game was called, our boys were scared to breath on the Eagle players, in fear of a foul.  I agree.  There is no way that player even gets in the paint at all.  At the same time, great move by #2.  It sickens me to see this because our kids worked so hard and to have it gone with a topsey turvey layup.  Unreal!!! Un-freakin real!!

I still cannot see why Central supporters think they got the raw end of the officiating.  I think both teams shot the same amount of FT'S in the game.  Also, end the end BH lost their starting PG to fouls and #2 was hammered numerous times in the end and nothing was called.  I thought the game was called evenly with a few calls going against each team.  Of course , when you are used to getting to man-handle opponents by your home officiating chapter , then geting legit fouls called on you is tough.  I think Central is a very talented team and  plays the game hard.  I guess it was BH night.  Best game I have witnessed in many, many , years.  Lee College is a great place to watch basketball.  I had a great seat at mid-court .  Boy , it was loud.  the Central band brought the noise, as did the fans and band from BH..........

Guest DickVitale

I am NOT a Central supporter....Central got hosed...Terrible calls ALL NIGHT LONG...And they would not let those kids NEAR the BH kids...I repeat, I am NOT a Central supporter.

Like I said in an earlier post, BH got the calls through 3 periods.  We started getting SOME calls in the 4th.  Bottom line, worst officiated game I have seen in a long time.  but at the same time, in the fourth, we had our chances to win, and blew it on the posession prior to the buzzer beater possession.

that is usually the problem in the playoffs, after u have used bmt chapter all year. The bmt chapter allows teams to be more aggressive than alot of the other chapters. So when teams go outside the chapter the same thing that was not called in district is called with other chapters. In my opinion that hurt central. I wish the bmt chapter would start calling the hand checking, and all the other things like that. It was very easy to tell the different refs for (the dayton lcm playin game). All the fouls that bmt would not have called where being called by the other chapter. And in my opinion they where the correct calls.

Guest DickVitale

Oh, absolutely, I agree with you, and have said that the calls DID NOT cost them the game, but they were bad nonetheless.  That's something that the good teams will overcome, but....It was really awful. ::)

Dickie, YOUR NOT A CENTRAL SUPPORTER, come on, your brother is the coach for heaven's sake.  You have made that statement on this message board.  I agree the calls were bad in the end.  #2 for BH was hammered 2-3 times in the span of 2:00 going to the basket and nothing was called.  Bad officiating........BH was lucky to win with how bad the calls were.  In reality it was  IMO  a good called game.  Both sides received the benefit of some questionable calls, but they evened out.  I think the outcome was determined by Central not having a good solid plan to stop BH .  Again, how do you run a triangle and 2 defense and leave #2 Ybarra one of the 3 un-guarded players.  Poor planning, scouting, etc......if you ask me..

PRICE OF A GAME UNIFORM -----                   $100

PRICE OF A GAME BALL ---------                     $75

PRICE OF A MEAL FOR TWO-----                       $50

COST OF A TICKET ------------                          $5

#2 YBARRA DRIVING TO THE BASKET----------         PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coop , if you lock this I understand, but some people on here refuse to accept reality.

Guest DickVitale

So when I've had to coach against him, was I a Central supporter then as well? I was supporting my brother, yes, but I am not a CENTRAL supporter...Not at all.

Guest DickVitale

The Central Coach is your brother?  Or is brother being used in a way that is not its most literal way?

Brother as in we lived under the same roof and share a mother and father...yes, my brother. I come from a family of basketball coaches.

Oldman said the fouls evened out.  Were we at the same game, dude?  Bottom line is BH won, we had our chances to win and didn't.  But the calls went BH's way dang near the whole night, which was why our big time players were in foul trouble the whole night.  I'm finished talking about this. 

Calls went BH's way the entire night.........sure!!!!!!!  That is why BH's PG fouled out and several of their players had 4 fouls as well.  If memory serves me correct all of Central's starters were on the court when #2 drove by all 5 of them...  I'm through with this subject as well........I have to get ready and plan my weekend.  Might go catch Dayton on Friday in Pasadena and go on down to LaPorte on Saturday.  Dicky V... tell your brother to deflate the balls, they will last longer in the off-season